The Shoutbox
Originally Posted by Citizen Rules
Originally Posted by cricket
Just had my first drink since I can remember, Bailey's strawberries and cream on ice-nice!
I thought you didn't drink? What made you decide to drink? Or was that not an alcoholic drink?
You thought I didn't drink? I figured everyone knew I used to be a huge drunk, just not recently. I just saw it in the store and it looked tasty.
Originally Posted by cricket
Just had my first drink since I can remember, Bailey's strawberries and cream on ice-nice!
I thought you didn't drink? What made you decide to drink? Or was that not an alcoholic drink?
Just had my first drink since I can remember, Bailey's strawberries and cream on ice-nice!
The Batman is gonna be a remake of Batman Returns. Except it won't have all the questionable content this time.
We all make mistakes.

But when you get kicked out of the NBA for a drug policy violation, it's time to reevaluate things.
Originally Posted by MovieMeditation
Gonna blast my house out today in the home cinema because no ones home but me.... so

Which 4K Blu-ray with immersive audio should I go for tonight?

M:I - Fallout, La La Land, X-Men Apocalypse, Saving Private Ryan or The Martian ?
The beginning of SPR is the definitive home theater experience imb.
John Wick is turning into a solid franchise.
Gonna blast my house out today in the home cinema because no ones home but me.... so

Which 4K Blu-ray with immersive audio should I go for tonight?

M:I - Fallout, La La Land, X-Men Apocalypse, Saving Private Ryan or The Martian ?
By the way, Nick DaMici, the writer on Hap and Leonard is the lead actor in that excellent werewolf film "Late Phases", which is def worth the watch
Originally Posted by doubledenim
Originally Posted by Joel
Has anyone seen Hap and Leonard, the series by the same writing/directing team that made Cold in July?
I watched all 3 seasons and I've read Honky Tonk Samurai .

1st season is probably the best, then 2, then 3. Definition of a show I watch because I like hangin' with the characters, but story in 2 and 3 is kinda thin .

They cut the cord after s3.
See I thought season 2 nailed it with story and turned out a great mystery that was well presented with unfolding key info at the right times. It was my fave season, s2. I agree that hanging with the characters was kind of fun in a very subdued way. I wonder if the show was meant to be low key and flighty because the themes seemed very heavy, so maybe they built the fluff into the script to dilute the weight?
Originally Posted by Yoda
Yeah, I saw the first season. I liked it. Never thought it was quite as funny, charming, or dramatically compelling as I wanted it to be, but it was pretty good the whole time. Was probably going to watch the next season at some point when other stuff runs out, mostly because it's common for an okay show to figure itself out and get much better in seasons two or three.
Yes, exactly. I saw the ratings were super high for it and while watchign s1 I kept thinking "really?" The tone was great as far as location/atmosphere, but the writing seemed very sketch, almost like you say, the jokes barely landed and a lot of dialog was garbled or uninspired/generic. I expected more. But - as it went on the writing took more purposeful approach hitting on deep rooted themes of racism and friendship/love. It wasn't executed with a sure hand all of the time, but the after effects of the show and the two leads made it worthwhile. I can see why they cancelled it, but at the same time it had very good moments. Brian Dennehy, too. Can't believe that fella was in it. Didn't he lie about being in Vietnam? Who does that?

Brian Dennehy does!