Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Business & Box Office Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Film Makers? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=9398)

Mophead 12-06-04 12:48 AM

Film Makers?

Does any one make their own movies here? Myself I'm in the middle of writing a script to what I call The Loyal Gun. It has a crapy title but hopefully it will turn out good.

AboveTheClouds 12-06-04 12:56 AM

I make movies......... And within the next year I shall be going to film school :)

liam5000 12-06-04 01:42 AM

I am in the middle of writing two short scripts at the moment; Of This World (My attempt at a "spooky" type of film) and Next To Selena (a kind of Annie Hall film, but aimed more at teens).

I have made a few short films, but not since late last year; I can't wait to make my triumphant return to the world of cinema (hahaha...).

undercoverlover 12-06-04 01:57 PM

i hope to make films one day, its what i wanna do but i have no time right now, ill get the chance 2006 when im doing film studies at university

PimpDaShizzle V2.0 12-11-04 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Animal_Mother
I make movies......... And within the next year I shall be going to film school :)
Which school?

MovieMaker5087 12-22-04 08:40 PM

Yes, I make movies. You can read about my biggest one here. I'm also, as of right now, shooting a mob film with my friends called Him, Them, and That Guy: A Film Noir.

dillskies88 12-23-04 03:06 PM

I tried making a few movies but we won't get into detail.....

MovieMaker5087 12-23-04 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by dillskies88
I tried making a few movies but we won't get into detail.....
Oh, your one of those types of filmmakers. Ah, but don't be ashamed. We've all done animation before!

The Silver Bullet 12-23-04 09:29 PM

I refuse to include myself. I would feel ashamed to do so in this instance.

MovieMaker5087 12-24-04 12:41 PM

Why should you be ashamed? You're on IMDb, aren't you? I mean, shouldn't you be proud of that, you no good lazy bum you?!?!?!?!

The Silver Bullet 12-24-04 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Garrett
Too good, I suppose?
No. Not in comparison to those actually making movies.

But you're not far off.

Garrett 12-24-04 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
No. Not in comparison to those actually making movies.

But you're not far off.
Fair enough. I deleted that post though.

The Silver Bullet 12-25-04 02:41 AM

I know.

;)

Pyro Tramp 12-25-04 07:46 AM

I attempted a film for my media, but its all about what the examiners will like and not what you like, i found it was was cut apart and lacked any personal input from myself.
Hopefully i'll get another chance or make another, either way.
BTW any ideas for a short film i can make for my film coursework?
I may also get to make a film when i start studying Film at University, this time with a little more expensive equipment and not using iMovie to edit (ick)
Silver Bullet, care to post a link to yourself on imdb?

The Silver Bullet 12-25-04 09:46 AM

Check my signature.

There's nothing much there anyway. They pretty much refuse to list my short films; it's very hard to get shorts listed, no matter how many times you submit them. It's hard to prove, for the most part, that they even exist.

PimpDaShizzle V2.0 12-25-04 06:23 PM

I tried to get my shorts listed, but they said plaid was out of season. ba-da-bing... :indifferent:

Anyone want to make a short film (I mean video cause I can't afford that ish'. Unless it's a pixelvision)?

John McClane 12-28-04 04:26 PM

Well, I have made a couple of shorts for a class I took. Nothing came up to scratch though. I was kind of working on no budget what so ever. Not to mention I had to shot each film in a week. It was nothing major just some stuff that would get me some directing experience. I did learn a lot though, like some great angles and other things. When I went back and watched the first few and then the last ones. I was amazed. I went in with on experience what so ever and came out with a little bit of knowledge. I barely scratched the surfuce. But what I did do makes me crave for more. :)

liam5000 01-09-05 10:48 AM

I'm gonna shoot a short film next week; The Conversationalists. Can't wait!

Uncle Rico 01-09-05 04:36 PM

MovieMaker and I make movies all the time we are currently working on a Mafia sort of Film Noir.

MovieMaker5087 01-09-05 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Rico
MovieMaker and I make movies all the time we are currently working on a Mafia sort of Film Noir.
I have no idea who this person is.