Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   General Movie Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Most annoying theme song (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=6881)

quiball 03-17-04 03:33 AM

Most annoying theme song

ok, i just want to know which theme song in a movie the most people find to be annoying. cos i've heard heaps of people say they hated the Titanic theme, but it wasn't that bad...i thought. so i just wanted to know what other songs people find annoying :eek:

Philmster 03-17-04 05:06 AM

The re-occuring tune in True Romance, which was stolen from Badlands. I like it in Badlands, but, for some strange reason I find it irritable in True Romance. Both are great films, Badlands being the superior film.

archvile 03-17-04 02:20 PM

The ninth gate...Lol

gothamboy 03-19-04 01:04 PM

Austin Powers. Good movies, for the most part, but the theme song got a lil' annoying after awhile.

:devil:

Jackie Malfoy 03-20-04 01:16 PM

Ok here is a thream song I can't stand,

Well I think it is a thream song?Anyway "We will we will rock you!Bugs the hell out of me!It does not even fit the movie "The first Knight" it takes place along time ago and they have a modern song played in the backgrounds?
Come on people that is horrible and stupid!Anyway that song and the Ghost Buster song too I heard way too many times!
See you around!JM :cool: ;) :p :D :)

Loner 03-27-04 12:05 PM

The annoying soundtrack done by Burt Bacharach in Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid.

When they start doing that "bop-bo-bop-bo-bop-bop-bop," I turn the volume off.

The soundtrack in Magnolia was so overbearing I couldn't hear the dialogue.

At one point I muted the volume and turned subtitles on in English.

Sedai 03-27-04 12:26 PM

Nothing come close to "The Greatest Adventure" from The Hobbit. I almost pitched myself out the window mid-film. The vibrato on the guys voice is like a dental drill....

_S

StarSailor 03-27-04 08:39 PM

Two words:

Celine ...

Dion.

Cheers, Martin :D

SPIDEI2_MAN__ 03-27-04 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Sedai
Nothing come close to "The Greatest Adventure" from The Hobbit. I almost pitched myself out the window mid-film. The vibrato on the guys voice is like a dental drill....

_S
I definitly second that.

Garrett 03-28-04 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Philmster
The re-occuring tune in True Romance, which was stolen from Badlands. I like it in Badlands, but, for some strange reason I find it irritable in True Romance. Both are great films, Badlands being the superior film.
Yes... I agree... Except I don't like it in either movie.

ND4SPDr4 03-28-04 05:52 PM

Gettysburg...definetly

if anyone has had the interest, respect, boredom, or plain stupidity to sit through Gettysburg (i HAD to watch it at school...in a freezing auditorium), you'll understand what i mean...
id :eek: die :eek: if i had to listen to that song again

mothish 03-29-04 12:05 AM

Swingers. At least, the music playing in the dvd menu.

SaintDant3 03-29-04 12:48 AM

The Titantic theme song.

kaisersoze 03-29-04 03:10 AM

Althought I loved Kill Bill... I hate that "coo-coo" song those girls are singing in that japanese pagoda......... makes me go insane, like I wanna kill em so they'd stop.

quiball 03-29-04 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by SaintDant3
The Titantic theme song.
exactly, why do people hate that song? i don't think it's really that bad...

higgy 03-29-04 01:10 PM

Yeah the Titanic song is annoying

aggromaggro 03-29-04 05:19 PM

most definitely the titanic theme song. i turn the station when i hear it.

moviedvdfreak 05-22-04 07:16 AM

hands down the annoying instrumental theme for one flew over the cuckoos nest,a close second would be my heart will go on,celine doin,titanic

Caitlyn 05-30-04 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jackie Malfoy
Well I think it is a thream song?Anyway "We will we will rock you!Bugs the hell out of me!It does not even fit the movie "The first Knight" it takes place along time ago and they have a modern song played in the backgrounds?
Come on people that is horrible and stupid!Anyway that song and the Ghost Buster song too I heard way too many times!
See you around!JM :cool: ;) :p :D :)

Hehe… that’s what was so fun about A Knight's Tale to me… when I went to see it, everyone was very quiet when it first came on… but when they broke out with “We Will Rock You” … everyone looked at each other and busted out laughing… we had a ball after that… everyone was clapping and singing along with the songs… :D

Mostly Harmless 06-03-04 06:12 AM

i think that the music used in a knights tale was appropriate, i mean, it wasnt a secret before the movie came out that they were going to used modern rock music for the soundtrack. it gave the film an unusual, yet entertaining, contrast. whens the last time you saw a medievil movie with a rockin soundtrack?
as for the crown singing along to it in the movie..... well yeah i hated that part.