Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   General Movie Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What movie you wouldn't want to watch by yourself? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=48851)

Dirk120 03-31-17 12:01 PM

What movie you wouldn't want to watch by yourself?

So I am going to end up having to see Beauty and the Beast by myself this Saturday because neither my wife and family and friends would be able to make it.

I thought to myself it would be weird to walk into the theatre alone to watch a movie like that...

It could be a horror because it is too scary, or it could be a romance because it is too cheesy, or it could be a cartoon because it is too childish, or simply because it is too brokeback mountain that you just refuse to watch - What movie you wouldn't watch by yourself? :D

Gideon58 03-31-17 12:05 PM

There is no such movie

Blix the Goblin 03-31-17 12:07 PM

Re: What movie you wouldn't want to watch by yourself?

I don't like watching laugh-out-loud comedies alone, when I do all I can think is "this would be so much more fun with a friend here." I very much prefer to laugh with company instead of alone.

As for going to the movie theater, I'd definitely feel weird going to see a family/children's film by myself, at least in a normal theater. It would make me self-conscious wondering if the parents in the audience think I'm some kind of weirdo looking for cute little kids to abduct. Fortunately I can just go to the Alamo Drafthouse where you don't see many kids except at special "baby-friendly" showings.

Nestorio_Miklos 03-31-17 12:59 PM

I actually prefer all movies by myself. this way nobody distracts me. Although i must admit that watching Orphan by myself was very scary experience and i felt truly afraid checking my doors and dark corners. I wonder if there's similar movie that would give me this chill to the bone.

Dani8 03-31-17 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Nestorio_Miklos (Post 1679492)
I actually prefer all movies by myself. this way nobody distracts me. Although i must admit that watching Orphan by myself was very scary experience and i felt truly afraid checking my doors and dark corners. I wonder if there's similar movie that would give me this chill to the bone.
Which Orphan, Nesto?

I can watch anything on my own but will wait for husband if he wants to see it.

Ultraviolence 03-31-17 01:11 PM

I prefer watching movies alone in the movie theaters!

Rhys 03-31-17 01:14 PM

I don't think there is any movie that I would not watch alone.

I think that sometimes it is better to watch films alone because then I don't have to discuss what film to watch with whoever I am watching it with. I can just watch whatever I want.

Nestorio_Miklos 03-31-17 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Dani8 (Post 1679496)
Which Orphan, Nesto?

I can watch anything on my own but will wait for husband if he wants to see it.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1148204/?ref_=nv_sr_2

Nestorio_Miklos 03-31-17 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Nestorio_Miklos (Post 1679508)
from this one i was really scared, especially at the end when all was revealed. that was just crazy

Blix the Goblin 03-31-17 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Rhys (Post 1679503)
I don't think there is any movie that I would not watch alone.

I think that sometimes it is better to watch films alone because then I don't have to discuss what film to watch with whoever I am watching it with. I can just watch whatever I want.
My favorite thing about watching movies alone is that if I really enjoy it, I don't have to worry about the other person hating it and ruining my fun. Is there anything worse than loving a movie but then having to endure someone making snarky comments about it every 5 minutes? Even if they're being polite you can tell how bored and disinterested they are which is a buzzkill.

Several of my favorite films I would never want to watch with someone else unless I knew they had already seen it and liked it. They're such personal movies that are precious to me and hearing them be criticized is like hearing someone insult a close friend.

Dani8 03-31-17 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Nestorio_Miklos (Post 1679509)
from this one i was really scared, especially at the end when all was revealed. that was just crazy
Thank you, champ. I've been meaning to watch this.

Rhys 03-31-17 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Blix the Goblin (Post 1679513)
My favorite thing about watching movies alone is that if I really enjoy it, I don't have to worry about the other person hating it and ruining my fun. Is there anything worse than loving a movie but then having to endure someone making snarky comments about it every 5 minutes? Even if they're being polite you can tell how bored and disinterested they are which is a buzzkill.

Several of my favorite films I would never want to watch with someone else unless I knew they had already seen it and liked it. They're such personal movies that are precious to me and hearing them be criticized is like hearing someone insult a close friend.
I completely agree with this! There have been many occasions where I have shown a film to a friend, girlfriend or family member and they have actually annoyed me because they have not enjoyed the film and started to criticise it. Me being annoyed at them is probably not a good reaction though hahaha. I often feel like it is a personal dig at my film taste. :rotfl:

Nestorio_Miklos 03-31-17 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Dani8 (Post 1679514)
Thank you, champ. I've been meaning to watch this.
dani, u gonna watch it first time?

Little Devil 03-31-17 01:36 PM

Romance. I don't like them at all. But my wife makes me watch them. :(

Dani8 03-31-17 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Nestorio_Miklos (Post 1679520)
dani, u gonna watch it first time?
Yeah I havent seen either of them. There's a french version as well from what I recall.

Derp. I was thinking of the spanish horror Orphanage. Might watch them both this weekend.

Nestorio_Miklos 03-31-17 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Blix the Goblin (Post 1679513)

hear hear, I totally agree with you in this, however i kind of miss those times with one VCR in neighborhood and movie parties :D

Nestorio_Miklos 03-31-17 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dani8 (Post 1679525)
Yeah I havent seen either of them. There's a french version as well from what I recall.

Derp. I was thinking of the spanish horror Orphanage. Might watch them both this weekend.
no shite .. whats the name of the French version?

Dani8 03-31-17 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Nestorio_Miklos (Post 1679528)
no shite .. whats the name of the French version?
I mixed it up with a spanish movie called Orphanage.

Nestorio_Miklos 03-31-17 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Dani8 (Post 1679525)

dani dont read any spoilers and reviews please if you wanna truly enjoy this horror

Dani8 03-31-17 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Nestorio_Miklos (Post 1679532)
dani dont read any spoilers and reviews please if you wanna truly enjoy this horror
Thanks for the headsup, Nesto.