Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Actors, Awards, & Directors (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Best portrayal of Selina Kyle/Catwoman (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=45206)

Ange1e4e5 04-06-16 06:38 PM

Best portrayal of Selina Kyle/Catwoman

Julie Newmar

Lee Meriwether

Eartha Kitt

Michelle Pfeiffer

Anne Hathaway

Camren Bicondova

Gideon58 04-06-16 06:42 PM

Julie Newmar was always my favorite Catwoman on TV...loved Michelle Pfeiffer, but hated Anne Hathaway. No mention of Halle Berry here? She wore the hell out of the costume.

CiCi 04-06-16 06:43 PM

Re: Best portrayal of Selina Kyle/Catwoman

Julie Newmar! :love::love::love:

She portrayed the villainous and playful sides of Selina perfectly. On top of that, she's most the most striking, tantalising and stunning Catwoman there has ever been, but I'm a bit biased there because I genuinely believe she's one of the most beautiful actresses of all time.

I really like Michelle Pfeiffer too, I think I'd choose her if her character was represented a bit more accurately. I also loved Pfeiffer's contrast between Selina and her alter ego. She's a very very close second.

EDIT: I totally agree about Anne Hathaway, Gideon. I didn't like her very much in that role at all.

Ange1e4e5 04-06-16 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Gideon58 (Post 1490675)
Julie Newmar was always my favorite Catwoman on TV...loved Michelle Pfeiffer, but hated Anne Hathaway. No mention of Halle Berry here? She wore the hell out of the costume.
Halle Berry's Catwoman wasn't Selina Kyle.

SeeingisBelieving 04-06-16 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Ange1e4e5 (Post 1490670)
Julie Newmar

Lee Meriwether

Eartha Kitt

Michelle Pfeiffer

Anne Hathaway

Camren Bicondova
I'm going with Michelle Pfeiffer for the simple reason that I haven't seen enough of the others to be fair to them. Julie Newmar's the best Catwoman from the Sixties show, but I'm going with the more serious takes on Batman.

…saying that, when the inevitable "Best Riddler" thread comes along, Frank Gorshin should own it :D.

NextScorsese 04-07-16 09:14 AM

Michelle Pfeiffer, without a question.

Thank you for not even making Halle Barry an option.

Ange1e4e5 04-07-16 09:40 AM

Offhand, does Catwoman always wind up dancing with Bruce Wayne? Seems to happen often.

earlsmoviepicks 04-07-16 10:59 AM

Julie Newmar is the Sean Connery of Catwoman

SeeingisBelieving 04-07-16 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by CiCi (Post 1490676)
I also loved Pfeiffer's contrast between Selina and her alter ego. She's a very very close second.
It's comparable to Christopher Reeve doing Clark Kent – never thought of that before.

Optimus 04-07-16 11:36 AM

Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman is the sexiest movie character of all time. That costume :willem:

Captain Steel 04-07-16 01:09 PM

Eartha Kitt actually looked like a cat.

colejwalker 04-07-16 01:14 PM

I feel like Hathaway is the only one I took seriously in the role, so I have to go with her, but I do enjoy the Pfeiffer performance. I just think she got a little too out of control and lost the character in being crazy, which I partially blame Burton for in that film.

Marlon Brando 04-07-16 01:19 PM

Michelle Pfeiffer by far. She was a great Selina and by far the sexiest Catwoman. I have no idea who the Carmen chick is. Must be something new.

DalekbusterScreen5 04-07-16 02:10 PM

I actually really like Camren Bicondova as Catwoman. I've seen some who dislike her with a passion but her portrayal is true to the character to me. Selina Kyle was never an out-and-out Batman villain but always a thief with a dubious moral compass and an on/off romance/friendship with Bruce Wayne.

Captain Steel 04-07-16 02:47 PM

WEIRD...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...2fa85cbdbd.jpg

Ange1e4e5 04-07-16 03:31 PM

Perhaps that's the point.

Ange1e4e5 04-07-16 05:04 PM

So what's the big deal with Michelle Pfeiffer?

SeeingisBelieving 04-07-16 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Optimus (Post 1491040)
Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman is the sexiest movie character of all time. That costume :willem:
It's difficult deciding whether she was sexier in this or The Fabulous Baker Boys.

SeeingisBelieving 04-07-16 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Post 1491153)
She does look good, the girl in Gotham. You've got to have that feline look and I suppose Anne Hathaway has it too, to a lesser degree.

SeeingisBelieving 04-07-16 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Ange1e4e5 (Post 1491236)
So what's the big deal with Michelle Pfeiffer?
How do you mean:p?