Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Actors, Awards, & Directors (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Who's Your Favourite Bond? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=3370)

frutkake 12-11-02 10:14 AM

Who's You,re Favourite BOND?

I personally think that Pierce Brosnan is the best Bond. That May be because his movies made me a fan of james bond in general.

Many people I know think that Im crazy, they say that Sean Connery is the best bond, I dont think so. Maybe people like him because he was the first bond and he shaped the role.

OH, And Im not saying that Sean Connery sucks, cause he doesnt,
I just prefer Pierce Brosnan.

Holden Pike 12-11-02 10:25 AM

Connery. Sean Connery.

But of course! He is James Bond, man. All the others are mere pretenders to the throne, er, uh, rather the tuxedo and Walther PPK.

frutkake 12-11-02 10:59 AM

I think that all actors have added something extra to the Bond character, added there own spin to Bond.

jrs 12-11-02 11:10 AM

Pierce Brosnan all the way.... he defined Bond to what 007 should be.

frutkake 12-11-02 11:13 AM

Yeah! Someone finally agrees with me.:D

Nikki 12-11-02 11:18 AM

Pierce Brosnan all the way.... he defined Bond to what 007 should be....posted by jrs1013
Totally agree........

Pop Culture Kid 12-11-02 03:09 PM

1) Sean Connery
2) George Lazenby
3) Pierce Brosnan
4) Roger Moore (Man with a Golden Gun)
5) Timothy Dalton
6) Roger Moore (All of his other Bond movies)

Jonny Goodboy 12-11-02 07:04 PM

Best Bond: ~ Roger Moore

Best Bond Film: ~ The Spy Who Loved Me

LordSlaytan 12-11-02 07:21 PM

Originally posted by Jonny Goodboy
Best Bond: ~ Roger Moore
:eek: WHAAAAA?????????

Sorry, I fainted.

I think it depends sometimes on the era of Bond you grew up with. For me, Connery is Bond, with Brosnan a close runner up. :yup:

firegod 12-11-02 08:01 PM

1. Connery
2. Brosnan
3. Moore
4. Dalton
5. Lazenby

But it's very close to a three way tie. I thought Moore was very good as Bond. As far as Lazenby goes, I know a lot of Brits liked him, but.... WHY? He was so goofy! Adam West would have been as good a Bond, for crying out loud.

Henry The Kid 12-11-02 11:34 PM

Connery.

Brosnan is the closest to his amount of charm.

Caitlyn 12-12-02 02:33 AM

Sean Connery but Pierce Brosnan has carried the role on rather nicely… I never really cared for Timothy Dalton as Bond though…

Piddzilla 12-12-02 07:26 AM

My dad used to smoke a cigarette brand called Bond, so I guess he would've been the perfect Bond if they only had given him the chance. :rolleyes:

Seriously, Sean Connery is the perfect Bond with Brosnan as a great runner-up. Brosnan actually saved the whole concept during a time when they seriously considered to put Bond to sleep.

Anyway, I still claim that Clive Owen would be the best successor. :yup:

Jonny Goodboy 12-12-02 06:04 PM

Originally posted by LordSlaytan
:eek: WHAAAAA?????????...I think it depends sometimes on the era of Bond you grew up with. For me, Connery is Bond, with Brosnan a close runner up. :yup:
That`s a pretty fair assessment LS.
Moore was the first Bond I ever saw in the first Bond flick I ever saw (at the cinema) The Spy who loved me.
I liked him then and in every other Bond flick he`s done.

That first time obviously accounts for a lot....To me he`s Bond.:)

firegod 12-13-02 04:13 AM

Besides, The Spy Who Loved Me is quite possibly the most popular and praised Bond film of them all. That can't happen if Moore wasn't good.

Jonny Goodboy 12-13-02 09:17 PM

Originally posted by firegod
Besides, The Spy Who Loved Me is quite possibly the most popular and praised Bond film of them all. That can't happen if Moore wasn't good.
Concurred.

Aniko 12-16-02 11:39 PM

I grew up seeing Connery as the first Bond (mom loved him)...but I didn't really get excited in the series until Roger Moore became Bond. I loved the twinkle in his eye. So I guess what I'm saying is I prefer Roger Moore as Bond, with Sean Connery as a close second...and Pierce Brosnan third.

And I agree with you Caitlyn....I didn't care at all for Timothy Dalton as Bond.

reelhead 12-18-02 04:22 PM

Connery was Bond only because of his voice not to mention his built. Back then I guess that was considered "hottie" and chic.

But for today's time Pierce Brosnan is the man. He's a little of each past actors of Bond in one. But if you ask me, had Connery been young today playing Bond, hands down Sean is undisputed king of spies.

SST_Defiant MD 01-01-03 05:31 PM

Originally posted by frutkake
I think that all actors have added something extra to the Bond character, added there own spin to Bond.

I grew up watching Roger Moore as Bond and back then he was great. I watched Sean Connery played Bond and it was Ok but i wasn't all that excited except maybe for his last 2 Bond movies.

Then came Pierce Brosnan and saved the Bond series. I liked it when he gets Serious and Mad at the Bad guys, in contrast with Roger Moore always playing cool...:)

I never cared Timothy Dalton, i found him a little too boring. Maybe because they didn't give him his own style that separates him from the other guys who played Bond.