Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   General Movie Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sci-fi/Fantasy Faceoff. (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=28142)

The Rodent 04-01-12 11:59 AM

Sci-fi/Fantasy Faceoff.

Had a look around the site but couldn't find a faceoff like this one.
Quite simple, just vote for your favourite/s.

There would be more but only 12 answers are allowed in a poll.

Forgetting any TV series' made based on some of these, this is for the movies only.
Multiple choices are allowed so you can vote on more than one if you like.

honeykid 04-01-12 01:28 PM

Re: Sci-fi/Fantasy Faceoff.

This is a no-brainer for me. Even with two terrible films and two so-so films, the Star Wars franchise still boasts Star Wars and, more importantly, The Empire Strikes Back. Both of those films blow the rest of the other franchises away on their own.

Nausicaä 04-01-12 02:46 PM

Out of the above, I adore:

Alien series - and I am in the minority of actually liking Alien Resurrection. The first film is my favourite out of the lot.

The Chronicles of Narnia series - especially the first one with Tilda Swinton but have enjoyed all three so far.

Terminator series except the third one, didn't like it at all.

Harry Potter series - didn't like the first two films, but loved four of the later much darker films and own the four I like on blu-ray.

The others in the poll, I've either liked only one film in the series or don't see the fuss.

mark f 04-01-12 04:15 PM

Indiana Jones. Sorry.

The Rodent 04-01-12 07:27 PM

Wow, so far Alien is top of the pile, with Star Wars and Terminator coming in joint second, with The Mummy and Narnia in joint last (with exception to Transformers having 0 votes.).

I'd have thought Narnia would rate higher than joint last.

Keep voting Peeps, it's all good fun.

TylerDurden99 04-01-12 07:42 PM

Lord Of The Rings is my favourite trilogy of all time, but I also love The Terminator films (even though the third isn't that good, and I haven't seen the fourth) and Star Wars. I also like The Mummy films, even though they aren't anywhere near most of the franchises in the poll.

mark f 04-01-12 07:42 PM

I think there's something wrong with the poll results. First, I don't believe 28 people have voted in less than eight hours. Second, it says all the votes add up to 280% of the total. At least, that's what my computer says.

The Rodent 04-01-12 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by TylerDurden99 (Post 801742)
Lord Of The Rings is my favourite trilogy of all time, but I also love The Terminator films (even though the third isn't that good, and I haven't seen the fourth) and Star Wars. I also like The Mummy films, even though they aren't anywhere near most of the franchises in the poll.

So, what did you vote as your fave?

The Rodent 04-01-12 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by mark f (Post 801743)
I think there's something wrong with the poll results. First, I don't believe 28 people have voted in less than eight hours. Second, it says all the votes add up to 280% of the total. At least, that's what my computer says.

I've left it open to more than one vote per person, not sure about the % results but it may be down to individual results, singularly that discounts the other votes.

TylerDurden99 04-01-12 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 801744)
So, what did you vote as your fave?
The Lord Of The Rings, because above all else, it's the one I'd most rather watch out of all the films in the poll.

gandalf26 04-01-12 08:19 PM

If it wasn't for the Prequels I would vote Star Wars but for now its LOTR.

honeykid 04-01-12 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 801745)
I've left it open to more than one vote per person, not sure about the % results but it may be down to individual results, singularly that discounts the other votes.
What's the point of the poll if you have more than one vote per person?

SaltSlasher 04-01-12 11:25 PM

I think Star Wars 4, 5 and 6 were awesome....but 1-3 were kind of lame.

The only set of movies that i love with all my soul are the Alien movies.

I really love Predator, including the AVP's....but I despise Predator 2 hardcore. I like Predators more than it, and most people don't even like it....mainly cause Topher is a complete fag.

Star Trek is hardcore...and I love it. I love TOS, NG, and DS9. Including every movie ever made!

Nausicaä 04-02-12 07:16 AM

and most people don't even like it.... mainly cause Topher is a complete fag.
Explain...

Thursday Next 04-02-12 07:18 AM

Tough, because it depends how much you let bad movies in the franchise count against the good ones. The Star Wars prequels drag the series down, I hated the third Matrix movie and I'm less interested in Alien and Terminator with each new installment.

I went for Star Wars, because the original trilogy is unbeatable, really, but If I'd known you could vote for more than one I'd have picked Matrix and Alien as well.

bouncingbrick 04-02-12 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Thursday Next (Post 801811)
Tough, because it depends how much you let bad movies in the franchise count against the good ones. The Star Wars prequels drag the series down, I hated the third Matrix movie and I'm less interested in Alien and Terminator with each new installment.

I went for Star Wars, because the original trilogy is unbeatable, really, but If I'd known you could vote for more than one I'd have picked Matrix and Alien as well.
Ha! That's exactly what I voted!

Star Wars, Alien and The Matrix. Yes, I like all three Matrix films, though they get substantially worse as the films go on. The third one is almost silly, but I don't mind because I really enjoy the Neo/Smith face off in the end. Plus, robots vs. mechs is geeky fun, despite being kind of goofy.

Sedai 04-02-12 11:19 AM

I had to vote for Star Wars... even though it is flawed in places. LotR is close, and I really like Alien, as well... Indy Jones isn't on the list, though.... What gives?

The Rodent 04-02-12 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by honeykid (Post 801758)
What's the point of the poll if you have more than one vote per person?

So you have a choice of voting if you think there's two or three that are on a par with each other.
If you think there's just one, then you can vote for just one.

honeykid 04-02-12 02:15 PM

So this is more of a survey than a poll.

The Rodent 04-02-12 02:57 PM

In a way, I suppose it is.

Will be fun though if the thread keeps going and going to see which gets the most votes over the next number of weeks, months etc.