Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   General Movie Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Never Been Watched (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=25955)

Deadite 06-25-11 06:07 PM

Never Been Watched

Something different for a topic, hopefully...

What's a movie you've been meaning to see for a long time and just never got around to it?

One I can think of off-hand is The Butcher Boy. Oh, and Brain Damage.

akatemple 06-25-11 06:11 PM

Re: Never Been Watched

Seven Samurai - I really want to see this movie, I am a big fan of some of the directors other films, but for some reason I can't bring myself to watch Seven Samurai

bobdanger 06-25-11 06:17 PM

Seven Samurai is a GREAT movie and led to the Magnificent Seven which was also a great movie, though pretty different. What is your favorite Kurosawa movie? Mine is Rashomon or Stray Dog.

bobdanger 06-25-11 06:18 PM

Also, in the spirit of this thread, a movie I have been meaning to see forever is Winter's Bone. Jennifer Lawrence was amazing in X-Men:First Class, so can't wait to see her performance here.

Saully 06-25-11 06:28 PM

Toy Story 3. Think the reason why i haven't seen it yet is because of that i've never been a big fan of the Toy Story movies. I'm not saying that i don't like them. Just don't love them, or like them enough to really want to see the third one.

bobdanger 06-25-11 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Saully (Post 739865)
Toy Story 3. Think the reason why i haven't seen it yet is because of that i've never been a big fan of the Toy Story movies. I'm not saying that i don't like them. Just don't love them, or like them enough to really want to see the third one.
I thought TS3 was good, but not as brilliant as everyone made it out to be. Up still remains my favorite of all the Pixar movies.

Deadite 06-25-11 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by akatemple (Post 739855)
Seven Samurai - I really want to see this movie, I am a big fan of some of the directors other films, but for some reason I can't bring myself to watch Seven Samurai
:eek:

Nausicaä 06-25-11 07:39 PM

Gone With The Wind, but can't bring myself to spend nearly 4 hours on this film...

TylerDurden99 06-25-11 08:08 PM

Everyone should watch Seven Samurai... I've never got around to seeing Hard Eight. It's been in my collection for a while, and I do like PTA's other work.

gandalf26 06-25-11 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by akatemple (Post 739855)
This.

Alos much to everyones complete amazement I have never sat through Shrek.

akatemple 06-25-11 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by bobdanger (Post 739860)
Seven Samurai is a GREAT movie and led to the Magnificent Seven which was also a great movie, though pretty different. What is your favorite Kurosawa movie? Mine is Rashomon or Stray Dog.
My favorite would be Yojimbo, and I have also seen Magnificent Seven which I also liked.

rauldc14 06-25-11 08:51 PM

Gone with the Wind, Lawrence of Arabia, Double Indemnity, The Apartment, etc. etc.

Deadite 06-25-11 11:54 PM

I've never sat through Shrek 3, but I loved the first one and 2 was pretty close in quality.

bobdanger 06-25-11 11:59 PM

Yojimbo is a great one too. It's no Shrek 3, but then again what is? Just kidding. Actually haven't seen Shrek 3 myself. Enjoyed the first one immensely though. It is the best thing that Eddie Murphy has been in since Nutty Professor.

akatemple 06-26-11 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Nausicaä (Post 739907)
Gone With The Wind, but can't bring myself to spend nearly 4 hours on this film...
I watched Gone With The Wind when I was around 10 years old with my family, I have not been able to watch it since. There is some scene in the movie where a guy is getting his leg amputated and for a young kid, that just completely scarred me for life. I know it's nothing compared to the Horror movies I watch now, but it did a number on me as a kid.

akatemple 06-26-11 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by bobdanger (Post 739982)
Yojimbo is a great one too. It's no Shrek 3, but then again what is? Just kidding. Actually haven't seen Shrek 3 myself. Enjoyed the first one immensely though. It is the best thing that Eddie Murphy has been in since Nutty Professor.
Oh yeah, I'll second that about Eddie Murphy

rauldc14 06-26-11 12:39 AM

For me, best thing since the movie Life. But yes, at least he has something to hang onto.

akatemple 06-26-11 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by rauldc14 (Post 739996)
For me, best thing since the movie Life. But yes, at least he has something to hang onto.
That's true LIFE was a good movie, I completely enjoyed it.

bobdanger 06-26-11 01:09 AM

I can see where some people would like Life. I thought it had some good parts, but overall I was a little underwhelmed. Thought it would be better, but I can definitely see where people enjoy it more.

"You can't have my cornbread. I'm from New York City!!!!! There's gonna be penalties and repercussions!"

MovieMan8877445 06-26-11 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by Nausicaä (Post 739907)
I was the same way for the longest time, but you're really not missing anything. I guess it's just a film you have to see if you're interested in film, but it was probably the biggest waste of four hours in my life.