Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Home Theater Questions & Information (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Do you still own and watch any films on VHS? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=20438)

TheGirlWhoHadAllTheLuck_ 08-18-09 03:05 PM

Do you still own and watch any films on VHS?

I watch some of the Disney films on video.

FILMFREAK087 08-18-09 03:07 PM

Re: Do you still own and watch any films on VHS?

I have a whole collection of old movies I recorded off of HBO and Cinemax that I still watch.

Caitlyn 08-18-09 03:29 PM

I don't have any VHS tapes left anymore... I started replacing them after seeing Highlander on DVD and realized all the stuff I had been missing on the tapes... what few I had not replaced went swimming during Katrina... so, if they haven't already, they might wash up on some foreign shore one day... ;)

1badgmc 08-18-09 03:30 PM

No. I have a VCR stacked with my cable box, but I don't even have it plugged in.

igor_is_fugly 08-18-09 03:53 PM

I just finished packing for college and foolishly brought a huge stash of vhs tapes. Theyre gonna like take up half the dorm haha. But I love all the movies and cant afford to rebuy them!

beelzebubbles 08-18-09 04:07 PM

Yes I do. I bought a DVD/VCR combo. The DVD part is broken, so I have to watch DVD's onmy computer. The VCR still works so I buy movies on used VHS tapes if they are available.

Holden Pike 08-18-09 04:58 PM

Yes.

jrs 08-18-09 05:10 PM

Yes. I own some that I don't own on DVD at the moment on VHS , as well as movies not available on any other format.

honeykid 08-18-09 05:59 PM

God yes. Hundreds of the things. Even the ones I've replaced with the dvd, I've still got the VHS for some reason. :confused:

Iroquois 08-19-09 03:44 AM

Yes.

Brother Blue 08-19-09 07:51 AM

No. When my old player finally "gave up" I didn't bother replacing it. And I sold all of my videos after that.

n3wt 08-19-09 08:42 AM

I have alot of movies on VHS that I havent transfered to DVD yet I am planning to at some point as some of the films are great, but I cant watch them anymore as we avent got a VHS player. My son has a tv video combie in his room and he watches the old greats like Button Moon, Thomas the Tank and other videos that I had when I was younger but I dont think he is old enough to start watching all the horror VHS's that I have :D

TheGirlWhoHadAllTheLuck_ 08-19-09 09:40 AM

I like videos :) Even if I hate having to fast-forward and rewind...

n3wt 08-19-09 09:50 AM

That was a pain in the ar$£ I must say :yup:

Leo_Lover 08-19-09 09:14 PM

I've still got heaps of movies on VHS but I never watch them.

Ðèstîñy 08-19-09 10:04 PM

I did switch to DVD, and have a couple thousand or so of those. However, I have over four thousand VHS, and there are still 7 working VCRs in the home. It will take me a lifetime to finish switching all of these over to DVD. Some aren't even available on DVD. Quite a few, actually.

TheGirlWhoHadAllTheLuck_ 08-20-09 04:38 PM

I know! It's really annoying!

Pawn 08-20-09 04:42 PM

Question: People who watch VHS, are you still using a PC too?

*ducks*

Golgot 08-20-09 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Pawn
Question: People who watch VHS, are you still using a PC too?
Yes, but mine doesn't have a VHS slot.

Which means I'll have to watch the JCVD 'premier' I recorded last night on my giant television. For shame.

Pawn 08-20-09 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Golgot (Post 559916)
Yes, but mine doesn't have a VHS slot.

Which means I'll have to watch the JCVD 'premier' I recorded last night on my giant television. For shame.
I'm teasing.
;)
I'm don't have a flat screen TV or anything either--just a mean bias towards Apples.