Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Actors, Awards, & Directors (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Actors with annoying accents (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=16228)

FILMFREAK087 06-08-08 09:33 PM

Actors with annoying accents

I think that Minnie Driver's Southern accent on The Riches is really annoying.

mack 06-09-08 12:58 AM

Re: Actors with annoying accents

Wow. I used to like Minnie Driver. Then I watched The Riches first 2 episodes. :(

..so I guess Im saying you're probably right.

Anytime Angelina Jolie tries a British accent annoys me.

TheDarkKnight 06-15-08 10:39 AM

I don't like it when Robert Downey Jr tries to do an Australian accent. It pisses me off.:mad:

film_days xYz 06-15-08 12:18 PM

Leonardo Dicaprio's accent in Blood Diamond wasn't all that convincing. It was hard to take it seriously at times.

TheDarkKnight 06-15-08 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by film_days xYz (Post 440526)
Leonardo Dicaprio's accent in Blood Diamond wasn't all that convincing. It was hard to take it seriously at times.
Seriously? I thought he did a good job personally. I was surprised how decent the accent was considering it's very difficult.

The Spirit 06-15-08 03:44 PM

Cate Blanchett in the new Indy movie. I swear every time she said "Dr. Jones" it was in a british accent. need a new voice coach lady!

Darth Stujitzu 06-15-08 06:57 PM

Christopher Lambert doing Scottish, and Sean Connery doing Spanish in Highlander, so bad it's actually genius!!!
Don Cheadle doing his cockney accent in the Oceans' films.

Best Scottish accent is still Mike Myers in So I married an axe murderer, still makes me laugh everytime, Shrek too.

film_days xYz 06-15-08 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight (Post 440557)
Seriously? I thought he did a good job personally. I was surprised how decent the accent was considering it's very difficult.
I know. He did do a good job with it actually, but I was just so used to his usual American-man roles and his accent that it threw me for a loop, and to be honest the accent he was trying to create was a very odd one. Guess it's just how weird it seemed to me. I can get it with other actors, but for him it was too new to get used to I guess. :modest:

7thson 06-15-08 09:46 PM

Russell Crow - in a few films.

Caitlyn 06-16-08 02:12 PM

We have a thread similar to this one:

Bad accent=Bad acting

And I still say Kevin Costner's accent in Robin Hood was horrible.... and I think I'd also have to add Brad Pitt in The Devil's Own...

Darth Stujitzu 06-16-08 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Caitlyn (Post 440739)
We have a thread similar to this one:

Bad accent=Bad acting

And I still say Kevin Costner's accent in Robin Hood was horrible.... and I think I'd also have to add Brad Pitt in The Devil's Own...

Brad Pitt in Devil's Own was an absolute joke, but I thought he nailed Pikey pretty well in Snatch.
What about Harrison Ford trying a Russian accent in the Widowmaker......:eek:

n3wt 07-04-08 08:13 AM

Jason Statham in the "Transporter and Transporter 2" his accent is laughable it is really bad. I enjoyed the films but his accent annoys the hell out of me. Im form UK and it still getts on my nerves.