Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Intermission: Miscellaneous Chat (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Society (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=12042)

John McClane 06-19-06 01:59 AM

Society

Please people. Tell me, what is the number one thing you hate about society as a whole?

Godsend 06-19-06 02:05 AM

American society?

The "system" will sort out any of their problems. Let's be honest here! The government is supposed to fear the people, right? *rolls his ******* eyes*

Alvin 06-19-06 06:13 AM

The people.

undercoverlover 06-19-06 06:18 AM

celebrity obsessions, they're everywhere you turn

SpoOkY 06-19-06 06:26 AM

Apathy, In my corner of the globe (Melbourne, Australia) everyone is so reactive instead of proactive.

If people just took charge of their lives and got determined about achieving an awesome future then there would be a lot more happy people around, there's no point wollowing in what you don't have and not bothering to try because then you'll never know what you were capable of.

If everyone just put in the time/effort to make something of themselves, be a person of substance and character, eager to work out why they were put on this earth and not just being a nameless face in the crowd, then maybe they could impact the world and make a difference rather than just reacting as the world pushes them along the conveyrbelt that can be their lives. (*just something I've been thinking about since I've seen 6 of my friends drop out of college, their reason "boredom" and there seems to be no purpose to their life and they can't be bothered thinking about what it could be either....... :( )

The Taxi Driver 06-19-06 10:05 AM

Racism. it seems like everywhere I turn I seem to hear another black/Hispanic/Asian joke. everyone says oh im just kidding but they are constantly saying things and I know deep down without even knowing it they are racist. At first I used to think when i heard kids in my school they were just beiung dumb teenagers and they are saying stuff they hear on tv and they would grow out of it. but many kids tell stories about how their parents go around saying the same things they do. By the way my school/town is primarily white.

adidasss 06-19-06 10:17 AM

croatian society? at the moment, widely approved homophobia...

Zeiken 06-19-06 11:47 AM

Career polititians and attorneys.

nuff said.

SamsoniteDelilah 06-19-06 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by SpoOkY
Apathy, In my corner of the globe (Melbourne, Australia) everyone is so reactive instead of proactive.

If people just took charge of their lives and got determined about achieving an awesome future then there would be a lot more happy people around, there's no point wollowing in what you don't have and not bothering to try because then you'll never know what you were capable of.

If everyone just put in the time/effort to make something of themselves, be a person of substance and character, eager to work out why they were put on this earth and not just being a nameless face in the crowd, then maybe they could impact the world and make a difference rather than just reacting as the world pushes them along the conveyrbelt that can be their lives. (*just something I've been thinking about since I've seen 6 of my friends drop out of college, their reason "boredom" and there seems to be no purpose to their life and they can't be bothered thinking about what it could be either....... :( )
Great post!
I'm signing my name below Spooky's on this.

Sedai 06-19-06 02:26 PM

Lack of nudity at the DMV. Let's face it, 'ol Margey would be just THAT much easier to deal with if she wasn't all buttoned up in the girdles and such. Boy, I would renew my stuff every week! Float those babies over the counter and I'll pay extra!

allthatglitters 06-19-06 03:45 PM

the "anything goes" additude

SamsoniteDelilah 06-19-06 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Sedai
Lack of nudity at the DMV. Let's face it, 'ol Margey would be just THAT much easier to deal with if she wasn't all buttoned up in the girdles and such. Boy, I would renew my stuff every week! Float those babies over the counter and I'll pay extra!
:rotfl:
You clearly have a different sort of people working at your DMV as here.

Sedai 06-19-06 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
:rotfl:
You clearly have a different sort of people working at your DMV as here.
Oh, believe me, the reason the joke works (hopefully) is that they are very much NOT the people you want nude in public....

SamsoniteDelilah 06-19-06 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Sedai
Oh, believe me, the reason the joke works (hopefully) is that they are very much NOT the people you want nude in public....
Ah. In that case, you are not a well man, Sedai. ;) brrr!

Pyro Tramp 06-19-06 06:46 PM

Chavs and emo kids.

Shoot 'em all i say.

Zeiken 06-19-06 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
emo kids.
"im an emo kid, non-conformist as can be, you'd be non-conformist too if you looked just like me."

;)

Purandara88 06-20-06 05:51 PM

Sand religion and the associated moral dualism...

Ash_Lee 06-20-06 06:03 PM

Lack of patience. For example, I could be driving along a country road, at night, and more importantly, at the speed limit, and then some idiot will turn up behind me and decide that the best course of action is to drive right up behind me, not only creating a hazard by giving himself f-all reaction time if I were to break, but also by severely reducing my visibility of the road ahead with his headlights.

Idiots.

Golgot 06-20-06 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Purandara88
Sand religion and the associated moral dualism...
Eh? Are you saying monotheists are all eggtimers? Do explain. (Preferably without somehow calling the rest of the world spoon-fed Visigoths).

---

What's wrong with society?

Dandruff and hair-care products.

John McClane 06-20-06 07:22 PM

Well, I think it's about time I put my voice in this thread. I'd say the thing I hate most is how religion seems to be the driving force of everything we do.