Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Birthdays and Introductions (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   what do you do? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=11617)

adidasss 02-17-06 07:56 AM

what do you do?

i'm fairly certain that in the past 5 years someone else made a thread like this, but it's a bitch trying to find it....

i was just wondering what you people do, i've managed to find out what some do ( Austruck, Chicagofrog....and that's about it...) what about the rest?

i'm a student ( law school )

Godsend 02-17-06 08:06 AM

Junior at Wheeling High School

Afterwards I'm a business coordinator at IPA. It's basically phone marketing towards businesses. We don't sell any tangible goods at all. Only services.

The rest of the time I am just stressed.

The Sarge 02-17-06 09:29 AM

Prison Officer.

So behave! ;)

blibblobblib 02-17-06 09:35 AM

I'm currently a book seller working at Borders. But due to the ridiculous hours i have to work (Till Eleven at night on most week nights and weekends! Who wants to buy books at 11pm on a Saturday? NO ONE....well apart from the creepy guy in the red fleece who sits in the religion section. He's spooky.) Next week howevere i will be working for Norwhich Union. An insurance company. I'll be a claims advisor. It's gonna suck, but i have some friends already working there and the money and hours are a lot better so thats a plus. I'm currently debating whether to go back to university and do a masters or a PGCE in journalism.

I need more qualifications to live my dream. I watched Sideways last night and i seriously saw myself turning into Paul Giamatti's character and i nearly started crying.

gummo 02-17-06 09:45 AM

Psychology student here. And I've been on a disability pension for about 6 years now for mental illness...ironic huh?...psychology student with a mental illness.

Pyro Tramp 02-17-06 09:55 AM

Film Studies student.

adidasss 02-17-06 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by gummo
Psychology student here. And I've been on a disability pension for about 6 years now for mental illness...ironic huh?...psychology student with a mental illness.
how can you be on a pension if you're still a student? *is stupid*

Anonymous Last 02-17-06 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by The Sarge
Prison Officer.

So behave! ;)
That's like a baby sitter with a panic button.

I wash trays, pick up poop and scrub myself with a rusty cloth. Life is good.

Pyro Tramp 02-17-06 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
So you work at McDonalds?

Anonymous Last 02-17-06 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
So you work at McDonalds?
No! I got kicked out for not giving the clown a hand job. I also think they're called rags at Micky Donald's not cloths.

chicagofrog 02-17-06 11:58 AM

yeah, and i used to work at Luke's Diner...

adidasss 02-17-06 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
That's like a baby sitter with a panic button.

is the sarge your "babysister" by any chance?

Anonymous Last 02-17-06 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by adidasss
is the sarge your "babysister" by any chance?
Knowing my pops... probably.

Caitlyn 02-17-06 01:31 PM

Had she drawn a pension for a physical disability and attended college… would you have also labeled that as stupid?

As far as what I do…. I'm a cop…

gummo 02-17-06 01:34 PM

Because here in Ontario, ODSP encourages people to do what they can with their disability... work or go to school, but still have the security of knowing that if you can't handle work or school or you relapse, then you have ODSP to fall back on. It is not fraud, it is a government supporting you for trying hard to get passed your disability.

Many people look at it as fraud, but it is not fraud at all when they are supporting you to find work...they even set up programs for ppl with a disability to get work...often people will not hire you if you have a disability.

ash_is_the_gal 02-17-06 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
and a dern good one at that too! ;)

42minus71 02-17-06 02:25 PM

Don't worry about what I be doin', BRUH!

Caitlyn is Five-OH?

Dag.

As far as what I do? I'm the KING of NUNYA, i.e. NUNYA DAMN BUSINESS!! :mad: Seriously though, my daytime hustle includes being a core unix sysadmin at MIT. The rest of my format is simply livin' my format as a Black Renaissance genius.

Caitlyn is Five-OH, though?

SamsoniteDelilah 02-17-06 02:44 PM

I help AIDS patients who don't have any money get the healthcare they need.
And I'm going to be helping them use Medicare to their best advantage - promotion in the works.

adidasss 02-17-06 03:00 PM

Had she drawn a pension for a physical disability and attended college… would you have also labeled that as stupid?

haha...caitlyn, have you never seen anyone use the action stuff....that's what the ** are for...they indicate something I do....not he/she.....it's expressed in a third person like say, in a screenplay.....
Originally Posted by gummo
Because here in Ontario, ODSP encourages people to do what they can with their disability... work or go to school, but still have the security of knowing that if you can't handle work or school or you relapse, then you have ODSP to fall back on. It is not fraud, it is a government supporting you for trying hard to get passed your disability.

Many people look at it as fraud, but it is not fraud at all when they are supporting you to find work...they even set up programs for ppl with a disability to get work...often people will not hire you if you have a disability.
thanks for the explanation, it was an honest question, we don't have that stuff in croatia.....

Tacitus 02-17-06 03:14 PM

I teach and sell the odd car (some of them are very odd indeed).