Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   General Movie Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Guilty Pleasures? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=1882)

Guy 02-27-02 08:21 PM

Guilty Pleasures:

Cabin Boy
Throw Momma From the Train
Penny Marshall flicks

sadesdrk 02-27-02 08:24 PM

No one should feel guilty about Throw Momma From the Train...it's a quality film, man. Enjoy!

Yoda 02-27-02 08:24 PM

How DARE you feel guilt over liking Cabin Boy! :)

firegod 02-28-02 12:13 AM

David Letterman's single best performance in a major motion picture!! With the possible exception of Beavis and Butt-head Do America. :)

spudracer 02-28-02 09:54 AM

Originally posted by Holden Pike
Yes, we did this topic not too long ago (you could have fixed the link rather than erase it, Spuds). HERE it is.
Enjoy.
At the time I was rushed and just took it out so people wouldn't start complaining about not being able to open it up. I forgot about it, of course, so there you go. :)

AKA23 02-28-02 12:10 PM

Karl, how can you say that A Perfect World is a guilty pleasure?? Can you expand a little bit on that? I consider it a masterpiece that was far more deserving of Oscar consideration than the majority of the other films of that year and one of Clint Eastwood's most engaging films as a director. What is it about it for you that makes it a guilty pleasure?

sadesdrk 02-28-02 12:18 PM

More guilty pleasures:
Encino Man
Clueless
She's All That

Yoda 02-28-02 12:21 PM

I despise She's All That. I despise Freddie Prinze Jr., too. But I do dig Encino Man. I saw it in the theaters when I was around 8 years old...it was hilarious.

spudracer 02-28-02 12:32 PM

I'd say of your guilty pleasures Sadie, She's All That isn't like you. :laugh:

sadesdrk 02-28-02 12:41 PM

Isn't like me? You don't think I would watch such crap? Or are you making some joke that is completely lost on me?:laugh:

Fez Wizardo 02-28-02 12:58 PM

[sarcasm] I can't stop watching "dude, wheres my car?" [/sarcasm]

just kidding.

more seriously I enjoyed 10 things I hate about you - is that normal? what about Southpark: Bigger, Longer, Uncut, I thought that was genuinely hilarious - as a matter of fact I feel like watching it now

Yoda 02-28-02 01:02 PM

I thought 10 Things I Hate About You was pretty good, too. It held my interest. Ditto for Dude, Where's My Car?, which I saw with two teenage friends, and which caused me to laugh my a** off.

Fez Wizardo 02-28-02 01:15 PM

hehehe i thought dude where's my car was criminal!

how did it get made! :)

(hold on ill insert the sarcasm tags into my post :D)

Marcellus 02-28-02 04:02 PM

South Park movie isn't a guily pleasure...............it's sheer brilliance ;)

Fez Wizardo 02-28-02 05:51 PM

mmm another one - charlies angels normally this type of flim i'd compare to wild wild west and absolutely detest but it keeps giving me a cheesy grin damnit

Steve 02-28-02 06:00 PM

How is Clueless a guilty pleasure? It's brilliant. :)

Marcellus 02-28-02 06:01 PM

*sigh*

I will admit that a guilty pleasure is Scary Movie.
I usually hate those cliched teen movies........but I laffed my *** off :laugh:

Monkeypunch 02-28-02 11:53 PM

I totally loved "Howard The Duck." Top that....if you dare!

firegod 03-01-02 12:16 AM

Ding! We have a winner!

Karl Childers 03-01-02 04:06 AM

Originally posted by AKA23
Karl, how can you say that A Perfect World is a guilty pleasure?? Can you expand a little bit on that? I consider it a masterpiece that was far more deserving of Oscar consideration than the majority of the other films of that year and one of Clint Eastwood's most engaging films as a director. What is it about it for you that makes it a guilty pleasure?
It's a guilty pleasure if anyone knows me. I typically do not like what I call "life-affirming" generic Hollywood films. These movies are usually too fake for me to enjoy.

A Perfect World was kinda like that, kind of cheesy. But it was charming and I just enjoyed it. I will say this- and I will get a lot of heat for this- I enjoy Kevin Costner more than I do Kevin Spacey or John Travolta. Those guys just nauseate me for some reason. Way overrated, too.