Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Intermission: Miscellaneous Chat (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Doc almost bought the farm (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=65867)

GulfportDoc 03-17-22 02:02 PM

Doc almost bought the farm

Haven't been on the forums for a couple of weeks. Was hit with covid and pneumonia at the same time. I went completely out of it. The wife loaded me on an AMR and took me to the ER. Turns out that my kidneys were starting to shut down. They started me on I.V. fluids, and ran 14 liters of oxygen through me every day. After a couple of days I started realizing where I was.

I've never been so sick in my life. I would have had to feel better to die. They transferred me to a rehab facility, where I am now. My strength is gradually coming back. I should be able to get out of here by April 1st.

I appreciate those who contacted me, but I was just too sick to respond. BTW Bill I., I just got your message, and will phone you later today.

I'm glad to be alive and kickin'! And it sure puts things into perspective........ ~Doc

Yoda 03-17-22 02:06 PM

Re: Doc almost bought the farm

Oh dear. I noticed you hadn't been on for awhile, and while I didn't think "well they probably died," you always have to wonder when a regular stops coming around suddenly.

Really sorry to hear you went through that, but very glad you're okay. Or getting to be okay.

ScarletLion 03-17-22 02:23 PM

Jeepers, glad you've come through it.

doubledenim 03-17-22 03:06 PM

Glad to see you pulled through. Hope you’re back to full strength asap!

Captain Steel 03-17-22 03:26 PM

Welcome back, Doc!
Wishing you a speedy FULL recovery!

Sedai 03-17-22 03:27 PM

Holy shit. Glad to hear you made it through, and are on the mend!

Take care of yourself, and we will see you back around the forums for some discussion when you are feeling better!

Citizen Rules 03-17-22 03:47 PM

I'd been worried about you Doc. I even looked on the internet and your wiki page to see if it said anything about you. I'm glad you're still with us. Good to hear from you.

Allaby 03-17-22 04:08 PM

Sorry to hear you went through that, but glad to hear you are doing better. Welcome back!

ynwtf 03-17-22 04:45 PM

Well you can still write reviews laying down!?!!?!
:D

Seriously though, I'm glad y'all caught it before it got even worse. Hopefully all improves from here on out. Scary stuff, man. Rest up, recover, and just get well.

kgaard 03-17-22 05:11 PM

Dude. Get (more) well soon!

Corax 03-17-22 05:19 PM

Yep, the Rona can shred your kidneys. Glad you pulled through.

James D. Gardiner 03-17-22 08:38 PM

Very nasty, good to hear you're on the mend. Best wishes towards a full recovery.

Stirchley 03-18-22 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by GulfportDoc (Post 2289360)
Haven't been on the forums for a couple of weeks. Was hit with covid and pneumonia at the same time. I went completely out of it. The wife loaded me on an AMR and took me to the ER. Turns out that my kidneys were starting to shut down. They started me on I.V. fluids, and ran 14 liters of oxygen through me every day. After a couple of days I started realizing where I was.

I've never been so sick in my life. I would have had to feel better to die. They transferred me to a rehab facility, where I am now. My strength is gradually coming back. I should be able to get out of here by April 1st.

I appreciate those who contacted me, but I was just too sick to respond. BTW Bill I., I just got your message, and will phone you later today.

I'm glad to be alive and kickin'! And it sure puts things into perspective........ ~Doc
Keep on kickin’. You’re a strong man & I’m sure you’ll be 100% very soon.

honeykid 03-18-22 03:44 PM

So sorry to hear this, Doc, but pleased you're already gaining strength and will pull through.

Having had my own brush with death a few years ago, I know how much of a shock it can be once you start to realise how close you came. Don't be afraid to talk about it to people and rest up. I'm sure once you feel better you'll want to do more than your body will be able to. I know it sounds like a load of old hippy crap (certainly did to me) but listen to your body. It'll let you know what you can and can't do.

Glad you're still with us. :)

matt72582 03-18-22 03:59 PM

Hey Doc... I've been staring at the screen, thinking for quite a while what to say.. So sorry to hear about what's happening, but drummers always beat back and kick (b)ass.

gbgoodies 03-19-22 02:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Originally Posted by GulfportDoc (Post 2289360)

Sorry to hear how sick you were, but I'm glad to hear that you're getting better.

StuSmallz 03-19-22 04:03 AM

Glad to see you're still around, Doc!

GulfportDoc 03-20-22 11:40 AM

Thank you sincerely for y'alls well wishes and comments. It means a lot to me.

I'm still a little too weak to do much reviewing, but I'll be back soon enough with my silly ass commentaries....;)

~Doc

John Dumbear 03-20-22 11:45 AM

Good to have you back, Doc.

Best of luck in your recovery.

MovieMeditation 03-20-22 01:58 PM

Damn… who would’ve thought. Doc himself needed a doc. And badly. Glad he got it.

But seriously that’s crazy man. Glad to hear it’s going better. I wish you a speedy recovery from here on out!