Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Upcoming Movies & Sequels (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Christopher Nolan's Interstellar (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=30647)

MovieBuffering 01-10-13 02:51 AM

Christopher Nolan's Interstellar

So I'm sure there is at least someone else here who is Christopher Nolan geek like myself. The man is almost an offensively talented film maker. But anyways looks like he has settled on his next project.

http://collider.com/christopher-nola...tellar/222939/

I have heard about this project before, his brother wrote it, and it caught Spielberg's eye, but I guess Chris jumped on it. They say Spielberg still might be involved.

But I'm over the moon whatever he does immediately gets shot right up to my most anticipated films. A big space Sci-Fi movie in Nolan's hands sounds delicious. Now the fun begins, the speculation, what actor's do you think he'll use and which ones do you want him too?

TheUsualSuspect 01-10-13 02:58 AM

Re: Interstellar/Nolan

I'll plop my butt in any seat to watch a Nolan film.

MovieBuffering 01-10-13 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect (Post 869455)
I'll plop my butt in any seat to watch a Nolan film.
Amen, I'll buy the popcorn.

Harry Lime 01-10-13 03:15 AM

Sounds like you two have date.

honeykid 01-10-13 04:09 AM

Pres'll make it a threesome. :D

Yoda 01-10-13 09:20 AM

Re: Nolan to direct Interstellar?

Save me a seat, too. Really hope this turns out to be true.

I remember predicting to my wife, however, that the odds of my being majorly disappointed with a Nolan film were probably going to go way up immediately after TDKR, because he'd finished the trilogy, made his pet project already, and might be out of the movies he really wanted to make for the moment. But I guess we'll see. That'd certainly be less likely if he were working with his brother's material again.

Guaporense 01-10-13 09:56 AM

I liked Nolan's films but I wouldn't rate any of his films
. My ratings of some of Nolan's work would be:

Memento -

Batman Begins -

The Dark Knight -

Inception -

The Dark Knight Rises -

Overall, he is a very competent director but his films haven't provided me with a very powerful emotional experience.

gandalf26 01-10-13 12:44 PM

I was actually hoping that Nolan would try his hand at something Sci-Fi/Space type movie.

Sounds like another complex movie with time travel and different dimensions etc. Nolan has already proven he can tackle this kind of complex narrative.

MovieBuffering 01-10-13 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 869485)
Save me a seat, too. Really hope this turns out to be true.

I remember predicting to my wife, however, that the odds of my being majorly disappointed with a Nolan film were probably going to go way up immediately after TDKR, because he'd finished the trilogy, made his pet project already, and might be out of the movies he really wanted to make for the moment. But I guess we'll see. That'd certainly be less likely if he were working with his brother's material again.
Actually he has one more pet project that I know of, his Howard Hughes biopic. He was going make it but Scorsese beat him to it in 04. Nolan's was going be about his advance stage of his life when he was losing his mind allegedly. Said it was the best thing he has ever written, which really excites me, I hope he still does it. Think that would be his best shot at an Oscar. Jim Carrey talked about doing it with Nolan, but I'd love to see Bryan Crayston. He could balance the insanity/brilliance of Hughes perfectly and he is as old as what Nolan would want.

Anyways I'm totally pumped for Interstellar if it's true. I have some actors I want him to work with but I just have a big hunch, mark it down, that he is going pick Brad Pitt for this. When it comes to leading men it's Leo and Pitt 1-2 right now. Feel like Nolan wants to work with him, also I don't think Pitt has ever worked on a Sci-Fi movie really, I'm sure he'd be interested because of that and Nolan alone.

Deadite 01-10-13 09:49 PM

I'm stoked! Nolan & sci-fi, yeah!

The Rodent 01-10-13 09:57 PM

A movie based on Kip's ideas with Paramount, Warner and Syncopy and Nolan as Director...

Could be one of the greatest films made... maybe the 2001 movie of our generation?

I'll be there.

Dtwizzy2k8 01-12-13 02:41 PM

Yeah I was thinking about how this is Nolan's chance to make a modern-day 2001. He has the ability to redefine the space/time-travel genre, but whether or not he does remains to be seen.

The Prestige 01-17-13 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by honeykid (Post 869460)
Pres'll make it a threesome. :D
DP all the way ;)

Actually he has one more pet project that I know of, his Howard Hughes biopic. He was going make it but Scorsese beat him to it in 04. Nolan's was going be about his advance stage of his life when he was losing his mind allegedly. Said it was the best thing he has ever written, which really excites me, I hope he still does it. Think that would be his best shot at an Oscar. Jim Carrey talked about doing it with Nolan, but I'd love to see Bryan Crayston. He could balance the insanity/brilliance of Hughes perfectly and he is as old as what Nolan would want.

This is very much true. There were rumours several months ago suggesting that the project may still go ahead as some time has passed between the Scorsese Hughes film and now. I could very well happen. I'm not that fussed about Hughes as a person myself, but this would be something quite different to what Nolan is used to. Though I have to admit that Intersteller does sound mouth watering.

Must say that upon repeat viewings of TDKR, I think it's one of Nolan's weaker efforts. I'd say it's probably his weakest film after Batman Begins, which basically means it's just 'very good' as opposed to excellent. I think the toll of doing 3 consecutive big blockbuster films in a short amount of time had taken it's toll on Nolan, and I also don't think he even wanted to do the 3rd, regardless of what anyone says. If I had it my way, i'd want Nolan to tackle a nice small neo noir thriller and THEN do Intersteller or something.

MovieBuffering 03-12-13 01:35 AM

Well we have a date. November 7th 2014. Should get casting maybe closer to the summer possibly? Pretty cool.

Interesting to note. Paramont and Warner Bros are co-releasing it. With Warners handling the International disturbing and Paramont handling domestic.

SnuffStuff 03-12-13 11:15 AM

Jesus I am so sick of Nolan.

I don't even love inception anymore. Dark Knight Rises bored me to tears, and Inception annoyed me to oblivion.

hapax_legomena 03-12-13 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by SnuffStuff (Post 885554)
I don't even love inception anymore.
INSINUATING THAT YOU DID AT ONE TIME LOVE INCEPTION?!?!? I will never forget this.

But on some real levels, get Nolan OUTTA MY FACE

Yoda 03-12-13 02:08 PM

Yeah, it totally sucks that Nolan got all up in your face, forcing you to come into a thread that clearly had his name on it and read all the posts and then reply to them. What a jerk.

hapax_legomena 03-12-13 02:11 PM

I only read one post.

+ Nolan is just always in my face in general. Even once I leave this thread, he will still be in my face.

meatwadsprite 03-12-13 02:15 PM

Inception blows.

gandalf26 03-12-13 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 885603)
Yeah, it totally sucks that Nolan got all up in your face, forcing you to come into a thread that clearly had his name on it and read all the posts and then reply to them. What a jerk.
+1.

Was gonna post something similar.

Why not just do all your Nolan hating in silence?