Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Upcoming Movies & Sequels (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One (2023) (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=66164)

xSookieStackhouse 05-23-22 10:52 AM

Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One (2023)

heres the teaser trailer , hopefully it will be good like the other ones 😁https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m1d...amountPictures

Yoda 05-23-22 11:15 AM

Re: Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One (2023)

God help me, but I just find this franchise to be so, so enjoyable.

Chypmunk 05-23-22 11:17 AM

Who's the old geezer on the right - he looks kinda reminiscent of someone...?

Yoda 05-23-22 11:20 AM

Ahhh I just watched it. That's a very good trailer. Yeah, it's gonna be good, again. They're all good. That "floor" of quality is probably one of the reasons I like them so much. They'll all be good, they're still thrilling (which is insane, I've seen so many action films it's so rare for me to be genuinely tense watching an action sequence), and even if the film's a little on the meh-side overall, I know there's going to be two incredibly cool set pieces, at minimum.

Can't wait.

Swan 05-23-22 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Chypmunk (Post 2302625)
That's just Bob Cruise.

Holden Pike 05-23-22 11:24 AM

The John Woo entry is pretty unbearable, and I am glad that after the third entry they got away from using those impossibly perfect masks all the damn time, but overall yes, a very strong series that unlike most things has actually gotten better as it progressed. Should be a fun finale.

Yoda 05-23-22 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Holden Pike (Post 2302628)
The John Woo entry is pretty unbearable, and I am glad that after the third entry they got away from using those impossibly perfect masks all the damn time, but overall yes, a very strong series that unlike most things has actually gotten better as it progressed. Should be a fun finale.
Yeah, second one is the only one I would say is less than
. And I agree the masks should be used sparingly (Ghost Protocol was, I think, the "right" way to do it). Since the third they've all been kind of similar, but in a good way. Bird did a good job "resetting" things a bit there and McQuarrie's really run with it. Everything from the fourth film onwards is in a sense another franchise, at least stylistically.

Sedai 05-23-22 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 2302624)
God help me, but I just find this franchise to be so, so enjoyable.
Pretty much my favorite action franchise atm. What can I say?

:shrug:

MI:II is easily my least-favorite, and the one I rarely return to these days.

Love the run from IV - VI!

Thief 05-23-22 11:55 AM

I agree about the second one. A decent action film, maybe, but a poor M:I film.

Re: the masks, I like how the third one tried to ground the logistics of it during the whole setpiece where they're preparing the PSH one. I thought it was a nice touch to bring it back to something somewhat feasible.

The third one is also my favorite, so there's that as well.

Thief 05-23-22 12:17 PM

I hadn't seen the trailer, but you gotta love all the little callbacks to the previous films, especially the first one... Kittridge? top of a train?

Yoda 05-23-22 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Thief (Post 2302637)
I hadn't seen the trailer, but you gotta love all the little callbacks to the previous films, especially the first one... Kittridge? top of a train?
Yeah, same. I was half expecting (and still half-expect in the film itself) a "You've never seen me very upset."

Thief 05-23-22 12:25 PM

If McQuarrie can give us at least one dutch angle, I'll be happy :laugh:

ynwtf 05-23-22 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Chypmunk (Post 2302625)
As I've read it, that's probably Norm Macdonald having just completed his last motion picture cameo. They probably highlighted him in the trailer in respect.

RIP.

John W Constantine 05-23-22 01:01 PM

This thread will self destruct in.....

MovieMeditation 05-23-22 02:48 PM

Fallout was prime action moviemaking. I’ve seen it eight times since it came out. It’s thrilling and entertaining every single time.

I’ve always enjoyed these movies, but as others have said it was around 3 and 4 that it truly turned into something else and found its footing completely. McQuirre has proven to be a master at establishing set pieces and executing action sequences. He knows how to create tempo, balance, rhythm and realism. I’ve said it before, but I could talk about sequences like the Paris sequence in Fallout for hours, only about how the action is setup up and how it works in telling a grander story.

I absolutely cannot wait for the two-parter. It’s gonna be great I’m sure. The teaser is filled with beautiful shots and exciting sequences.

xSookieStackhouse 05-23-22 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by MovieMeditation (Post 2302696)

I absolutely cannot wait for the two-parter. It’s gonna be great I’m sure. The teaser is filled with beautiful shots and exciting sequences.
same here they choose best stops with amazing scenery and beautiful shots of the movie :D

aronisred 05-25-22 12:58 AM

I love that tom cruise is still making movies like its the 90s where he is running around with women half his age.

xSookieStackhouse 05-25-22 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by aronisred (Post 2302988)
I love that tom cruise is still making movies like its the 90s where he is running around with women half his age.
and he hasnt age old yet and always look young in all his movies!

aronisred 05-28-22 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by xSookieStackhouse (Post 2303001)
and he hasnt age old yet and always look young in all his movies!
you should look at his interviews from his latest movie....he doesn't look 40 anymore. He looks older.

xSookieStackhouse 05-28-22 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by aronisred (Post 2303815)
you should look at his interviews from his latest movie....he doesn't look 40 anymore. He looks older.
wait u serious i will check it out

Sedai 12-20-22 04:41 PM

Full trailer dropped a couple weeks ago...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhrGRjAaW-g

Jackie Daytona 12-20-22 04:54 PM

I keep thinking Cruise is too old to be making these, but the last few MI movies have been bangers!

Sedai 12-20-22 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jackie Daytona (Post 2354503)
I keep thinking Cruise is too old to be making these, but the last few MI movies have been bangers!

My wife and I just watched both Rogue Nation and Fallout again, and I must agree!

MovieMeditation 12-20-22 05:44 PM

One of my absolute most anticipated movies next yeah for damn sure. Can’t wait.

I’ve seen Fallout like 9 times since it came out. I need a replacement. :D

Yoda 12-21-22 12:09 PM

I know these do well and get a fair amount of praise, but I still think it's woefully short of what's appropriate. As I rewatch the last few and anticipate the next, I'm becoming more and more convince that these are simply some of the greatest pure action films ever made, and as going to age extremely well in that regard.

Also, Cruise's personal stuff aside, his personal and physical dedication to this particular film series is pretty remarkable.

Daniel M 12-21-22 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 2354739)
I know these do well and get a fair amount of praise, but I still think it's woefully short of what's appropriate. As I rewatch the last few and anticipate the next, I'm becoming more and more convince that these are simply some of the greatest pure action films ever made, and as going to age extremely well in that regard.

Also, Cruise's personal stuff aside, his personal and physical dedication to this particular film series is pretty remarkable.
Agreed. I rewatched Fallout the other day. The last two are fantastic and Ghost Protocol is great too.

It mind sound like hyperbole but when I think of great actions and stunts I think about people like Buster Keaton and Harold Lloyd, they were revolutionaries and geniuses of their time. Mission Impossible lives in an age where we've pretty much seen it all and nothing can be particularly surprising per se, but the way every action scene unfolds feels almost perfect to me and I love the magnetism Cruise brings to the screen. He almost feels to me like the modern-day equivalent of those people I've mentioned, some people might find that ridiculous but I think it's fitting.

Edit: I hope the series gets represented in the 2010s countdown and can't wait for the next one either.

John-Connor 06-16-23 04:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Looking forward to this one.. Release: 13-07-2023

BKB 06-17-23 07:28 AM

I'm sure this movie will have a great weekend and better than The FLASH, which as much as DC fans don't want to hear this, is pretty much a BOMB for such a disappointing opening and worse when you consider a Transformer movie made more in it's opening weekend.. As for DEAD RECKONING PART 1?? I dont think this will be any better than FALLOUT or ROGUE NATION, but I'm in line for it..

John-Connor 06-23-23 06:23 AM

^ It's the weekends after opening weekend that could be problematic..

Cruise vs. Oppenheimer..🔥🍿

https://youtu.be/ow219idh6LU

BKB 06-23-23 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by John-Connor (Post 2394089)
^ It's the weekends after opening weekend that could be problematic..

Cruise vs. Oppenheimer..🔥🍿

https://youtu.be/ow219idh6LU
Oppenheimer really strikes me as more of a Fall type of movie than a Summer movie. It'll be interesting ton see how well it does because I don't think it's going to do any better than DUNKIRK which as much as Nolan fans don't want to admit it, Bombed..

Yoda 06-23-23 10:42 AM

You should probably define "bombed" because you're seemingly used it to describe anything that doesn't produce swimming pools full of money, as opposed to the normal and sensible definition, which is a film which loses a lot of money.

Regardless, the intense preoccupation with box office as some kind of "score" to pit films against one another, or used as validation of a film, continues to make no sense to me. At all.

Sedai 06-23-23 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by BKB (Post 2394109)
Oppenheimer really strikes me as more of a Fall type of movie than a Summer movie. It'll be interesting ton see how well it does because I don't think it's going to do any better than DUNKIRK which as much as Nolan fans don't want to admit it, Bombed..
"Dunkirk still became a massive success at the box office in 2017, ultimately earning $527 million and surpassing Steven Spielberg's Saving Private Ryan as the highest-grossing World War II movie worldwide."

Your takes on films are really, really bad.

BKB 06-24-23 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 2394111)
You should probably define "bombed" because you're seemingly used it to describe anything that doesn't produce swimming pools full of money, as opposed to the normal and sensible definition, which is a film which loses a lot of money.

Regardless, the intense preoccupation with box office as some kind of "score" to pit films against one another, or used as validation of a film, continues to make no sense to me. At all.
Ok.. Do you think The FLASH Bombed?? Yes or No?? When a movie cost 200 Million to make like that one did and only musters up barely 55 Million for the weekend when DC fans were saying it was the Greatest Movie Ever Made?? LOL

Yoda 06-24-23 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by BKB (Post 2394363)
Ok.. Do you think The FLASH Bombed?? Yes or No?? When a movie cost 200 Million to make like that one did and only musters up barely 55 Million for the weekend when DC fans were saying it was the Greatest Movie Ever Made?? LOL
I guess I'd probably call that a bomb...but that wasn't the movie you were talking about. You were talking about a movie that made five times its budget, which suggests to me the term is being thrown around pretty carelessly.

Also, I don't know why "DC fans ... saying it was the Greatest Movie Ever Made" has anything to do with what I asked, or the topic of box office. But it is kind of revealing, since I guess trying to stick it to DC fans is actually the real motivator here. Like the whole idea is to try to use box office to "win" an argument with non-specific fanboys. None of it seems addressed to any actual person actually here, though.

BKB 07-01-23 09:26 AM

https://screenrant.com/tom-cruise-mi...-ceo-response/

Tom Cruise appears to not be very happy regarding his Mission:IMPOSSIBLE VII being shown in IMAX for 1 week to accomodate Nolan's "OPPENHEIMER".. They state that they hope Cruise's movie will return to IMAX after OPPENHEIMER'S run, but who knows?? I realize this is not a very popular sentiment on this site or any other movie website for that matter, but OPPENHEIMER should've moved to a new month to accomodate Cruise's movie because in the end, if OPPEHEIMER really is THAT good, then it shouldn't matter what month it opens, but it really should've opened in the Fall..

John W Constantine 07-05-23 05:24 PM

First reactions seem positive.

John-Connor 07-06-23 08:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)

BKB 07-06-23 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by John-Connor (Post 2396897)
Hopefully this will maintain it's momentum and stay well above 90%, but as always, there's going to be that 1 reviewer who has to give THAT review to bring it down a notch and it happens with every movie, even OPPENHEIMER will receive the same treatment.. I'm trying to think if there's ever been a movie that received 100% without 1 Negative Review ever?? At 1st, I would've thought TITANIC achieved this, but I don't know??:indifferent:

Sedai 07-06-23 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by BKB (Post 2396908)
Hopefully this will maintain it's momentum and stay well above 90%, but as always, there's going to be that 1 reviewer who has to give THAT review to bring it down a notch and it happens with every movie, even OPPENHEIMER will receive the same treatment.. I'm trying to think if there's ever been a movie that received 100% without 1 Negative Review ever?? At 1st, I would've thought TITANIC achieved this, but I don't know??:indifferent:
Naw, it's pretty much as you said: there is always at least one person that pushes back against the crowd, and slays a film for the politics of the film or something of that nature.

Meanwhile, really looking forward to this film!

GulfportDoc 07-07-23 08:47 PM

I too am looking forward to Mission Impossible - Dead Reckoning part I.

I watched the trailer via this site https://www.hollywoodintoto.com/miss...ng-one-review/ and watched the follow-up video of how they made the most dangerous stunt. Gave me the willies. That Cruise is something else!

Might have to head for the theater for this one...:cool:

BKB 07-10-23 09:43 AM

I have 2 tickets for myself &my sister for Saturday at 6PM in IMAX.. See it in IMAX before this loses to Nolan for OPPENHEIMER" that technically, really doesn't need IMAX for a movie like that and is only getting this treatment due to Nolan's goodwill with IMAX

BKB 07-15-23 06:12 PM

I'm seeing this in 90 Minutes.. We should have a thread specifically designed to openly discuss this movie along with SPOILERS like other websites I've seen have.. That way, someone can't say you spoiled something in the movie when the title of the thread indicates SPOILERS welcomed?? Just a thought?? Surprised there isn't more discussion of this movie which will obviously be #1 for the weekend?? What gives??

MovieMeditation 07-15-23 08:35 PM

Saw it and loved it. Fallout is still my favorite I think, but this continues in the same vein as that.

It’s very clear that it’s the same people behind that trying to build out what you know and love from the last few entries. Overall, it succeeds.

The action, as expected, is top notch. And even though it’s expected, it’s still so damn impressive. I’m just wowed by the level of excellence involved.

Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning proves that this franchise is one of the best action franchises there is. And right now, while maybe taking an ever so slightly step down, it’s operating at a level of thrills and action pretty much no one else is at the moment.

Kudos to McQ, Cruise and crew. I’m already looking forward to seeing it again. Still playing some of those set pieces through my head.

BKB 07-16-23 02:30 AM

Thisn movie was nothing short of FANTASTIC!! That had to of been the quickest almost 3 hours I've ever seen.. So much to discuss, but the entire Cast were Brilliant and Esai Morales played Gabriel who looked remarkably like he could be a stand in for George Clooney with his peppery hair.. LOL.. Also, don't know if anyone else caught this, but the Asian actress with the blond hair in 1 scene was fighting with Tom Cruise and prior to this, she had a tattoo of a tear drop underneath her left eye and when she was finished fighting with Cruise, it was gone?? Like I said, there's alot to discuss, but I don't see a SPOILER Button here to discuss this openly without spoiling anything?? Alot of people I see online hold FALLOUT in higher regards, mostly to do with the Halo Jump along with Henry Cavill, but I'd say this felt like there was more at stake in this movie than in FALLOUT and hopefully, this strike with the actors/actresses doesn't last, otherwise, we won't be seeing DEAD RECKONING PART 2 any time soon.. DEAD RECKONING PART 1 receives an "A".. I've also read where people thought the plot was too convoluted which leads me to wonder about the attention span of some moviegoers, especially one's who stare at their Smartphones throughout the movie and it's sort of annoying..

Thursday Next 07-16-23 02:50 PM

I enjoyed this. It's tense and kinetic and the action set pieces are very well done. The plot is preposterous, of course, and I'm never going to completely believe in the ridiculous fake face thing but it's all such fun. I would happily have sat through part 2 there and then.

John W Constantine 07-17-23 03:04 PM

Pretty, pretty good. Made me think of the De Palma version. Didn't seem to be an overload on the set pieces but tense throughout. They're definitely building towards a Part II.

Sedai 07-17-23 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by BKB (Post 2398873)
Like I said, there's alot to discuss, but I don't see a SPOILER Button here to discuss this openly without spoiling anything??
If you are using the Quick Reply box to reply to a post, the Spoiler tag button isn't visible. If you click the reply icon on a specific post, or use the "Go Advanced" button after the most recent post, you will see a red exclamation mark in the tools above the reply box: this is the spoiler tag button - simply highlight the text you want to put in a spoiler box, and then click the red exclamation mark. Or if you are old school, you can even write the tag/code yourself.

Three different methods to wrap spoilers. Hope that helps!

Siddon 07-17-23 08:19 PM

This might be the best Mission Impossible film, I lean towards De Palma's original because it focused on suspense and intrigue not just giant set pieces. The series has basically turned into a James Bond film but this one succeeds because of the characters.

It's odd how this film managed to have no less than four female characters that weren't insufferable. Pom Klementieff's Paris actually reminds me of old Jean-Pierrre Melville characters, her performance is mostly silent with her acting mostly through her face, It's likely going to leave an impact on viewers as well was Esai Morales' Gabriel who is a solid big bad.

One of the things that the film does really well is have a sense of restraint with the opening and closing scenes. You can see quality editing by making the first and final parts based on physics (mostly), it looks significantly better than the terrible Indiana Jones film from a few weeks ago.

It's kinda sad that the film is going to lose it's screens to Oppenheimer because word of mouth should be very good.

doubledenim 07-18-23 04:04 PM

Just found out that Pom Klementieff is Mantis.

🤯

John W Constantine 07-18-23 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by doubledenim (Post 2399462)
Just found out that Pom Klementieff is Mantis
🤯
A beautiful Mantis.

Sedai 07-19-23 09:22 AM

All dialed in for the 11am matinee this coming Sunday. Looking forward to seeing this!

BKB 07-19-23 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Sedai (Post 2399539)
All dialed in for the 11am matinee this coming Sunday. Looking forward to seeing this!
It's well worth it.. Are you seeing this in IMAX??:cool:

Sedai 07-19-23 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by BKB (Post 2399540)
It's well worth it.. Are you seeing this in IMAX??:cool:
That was the plan: either that or the Dolby DLX near me. Alas, both the IMAX and DLX have already kicked this film to the curb for the weekend shows, with either Oppenheimer or Barbie (!!!) being shown instead. Not cool!

My buddy and I will have to settle for the large central theater at the Dine-In Recliner AMC a couple of towns over. Not the best circumstances, but I am still psyched to see it!

BKB 07-20-23 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by Sedai (Post 2399542)
That was the plan: either that or the Dolby DLX near me. Alas, both the IMAX and DLX have already kicked this film to the curb for the weekend shows, with either Oppenheimer or Barbie (!!!) being shown instead. Not cool!

My buddy and I will have to settle for the large central theater at the Dine-In Recliner AMC a couple of towns over. Not the best circumstances, but I am still psyched to see it!
I'd like to think Tom Cruise is a good sport about his movie getting booted from IMAX, which really does qualify to be seen in IMAX more than BARBIE or OPPENHEIMER, though, Nolan obviously has a good relationship with IMAX and filmed the movie this way, but in the end, it's still nothing more than a story about the creation of the atomic bomb that hardly warrants IMAX like seeing Tom Cruise and his stunts in MI:7.. I realize everyone here at Movie Forum will disagree strongly with this, but oh well..

Sedai 07-20-23 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by BKB (Post 2399788)
I'd like to think Tom Cruise is a good sport about his movie getting booted from IMAX, which really does qualify to be seen in IMAX more than BARBIE or OPPENHEIMER, though, Nolan obviously has a good relationship with IMAX and filmed the movie this way, but in the end, it's still nothing more than a story about the creation of the atomic bomb that hardly warrants IMAX like seeing Tom Cruise and his stunts in MI:7.. I realize everyone here at Movie Forum will disagree strongly with this, but oh well..
Not sure why you would assume that , since it is a fair point, really. I really need to see both films (the Cruise and the Nolan pictures) before I know for sure, but on first blush, I would agree that MI:7 seems to be the best fit for the format. I presume the Nolan film has several detonation sequences that warrant the IMAX treatment, but I don't see much beyond the scope of the detonation stuff that will utilize the massive aspect ratio to its full extent.

I am just annoyed I am stuck on a regular screen, albeit a larger one at this particular venue. I am sure I will enjoy MI anyway, as Cruise and McG always deliver on the entertainment front.

BKB 07-20-23 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Sedai (Post 2399817)
Not sure why you would assume that , since it is a fair point, really. I really need to see both films (the Cruise and the Nolan pictures) before I know for sure, but on first blush, I would agree that MI:7 seems to be the best fit for the format. I presume the Nolan film has several detonation sequences that warrant the IMAX treatment, but I don't see much beyond the scope of the detonation stuff that will utilize the massive aspect ratio to its full extent.

I am just annoyed I am stuck on a regular screen, albeit a larger one at this particular venue. I am sure I will enjoy MI anyway, as Cruise and McG always deliver on the entertainment front.
It's really good and does deserve to make alot of $$$$ for being a 7th film in a franchise and all the difficulties that came with shooting this movie.. I hope you enjoy it!!:cool:

Sedai 07-24-23 10:12 AM

I was up bright and early Sunday to get some stuff done around the house, after which my buddy Pete (Piledriver here on the forums) picked me up and we were off to the cinema to see MI:7 - Dead Reckoning Part I. I guess neither of us were paying a ton of attention to the time, because we arrived at the theater a full 45 minutes before showtime. We grabbed some food and chatted while we ate and then went into the theater, and we were the first people in seats for the show. Even though it was the first show of the day, the theater filled up nicely.

The film itself was excellent. McQ and Cruise have this spy thriller formula pretty much perfected, with the only knock on it being that it has become a formula at this point. But hey, don't kill the goose that lays the golden egg, right? Multiple story beats in multiple locations before the opening credits have this film is firing on all cylinders right from the jump. All our old friends are back, and we even have some faces from the beginning of the franchise showing up.

https://www.denofgeek.com/wp-content...-Reckoning.png

The main premise of the story, which I won't spoil here, was right up my alley, and I am glad I avoided as much information pertaining to the narrative that I could before seeing the film. Really cool, forward thinking stuff, if not totally original. The only (very minor) complaint I had with the narrative was a mid-film data dump that ran a bit too much exposition and technical jargon my the viewer in an effort to set the stage for the final act. it wasn't poorly done, to be sure, but could have used with a bit of tightening up in the final draft. That is really it though, as I can't really think of much else to complain about.

As usual, McQ and Cruise deftly balance the plot points perfectly with exciting, pulse-pounding set pieces that are inventive, fun, and highly entertaining, with several of them bringing the audience to the literal edges of their seats. I recall looking down my row at one point near the end, and every face was just transfixed by the on-screen action. The final action sequence was brilliantly done, tremendously exciting, and Pete and I were wracking our brains trying to recall if an action film had done a scene like it previously, and neither of us could come up with one that had, or that was done anywhere near as well. Just fantastic stuff.

https://imgix.bustle.com/uploads/ima...p=faces&fm=jpg

The film has several nods and Easter eggs to the previous films in the series, signaling the approaching end of an era of a franchise that has spanned decades. Combined with some of the events in the film, I found myself feeling wistful, as I know that I for one will miss this series once it is gone. Enjoy it while it lasts, folks... see this one in theaters!

An easy
from me, but I am a shameless MI fanatic at this point, and it is easily my favorite spy/action series of all time.

AKA23 09-11-23 08:12 PM

I saw this over the past weekend. I usually like these "Mission Impossible" films. Like some have said, I think they are more original and entertaining than the recent Bond films. Two films ago I think the movie was particularly good, but I really didn't like this one. I found it to be quite mediocre. I think for me the plot seemed very thin and a lot of didn't make much sense to me and many of the scenarios were quite ridiculous. They chose to focus on Artificial Intelligence, but the ways in which they did it seemed completely unbelievable to me, even when trying to suspend my disbelief. It seemed to have been written by people that know nothing about AI. I also didn't find the action set pieces, with the exception of one on a train, to be as well done as they usually are. I hadn't seen a movie in theaters for a year and a half or so, so I was really looking forward to going back to the theaters for this, but for me, this kind of missed the mark. I find it surprising because based on others opinions so far, who really liked this, my opinion seems to be unusual, and I'm not sure why. Also, the next film is a continuation of this story, so I likely won't love that either. Hope everyone else enjoys this more than I did!

Sedai 10-11-23 10:44 AM

After seeing this again, I will knock a half box off my initial rating due to a couple of clunky exposition scenes, one at the start of the film, and one at the midpoint. Still great fun though, and I think still a strong

Act III 10-26-23 04:53 AM

Mission: Impossible 7 - Dead Reckoning Part 1 is now available on Amazon to digitally purchase but not yet rent.
https://www.amazon.com/Mission-Impos...s%2C193&sr=8-1
$19.99 gets you the movie in high quality directly loaded into your Amazon account and movie watching app. I don't know if they give you a .mp4 file for your own personal use but I am guessing no.

In other news, the second part has been pushed back to a 2025 release because of the actor strikes. Also said was that the next installment will not be named Dead Reckoning Part 2 so who knows what theyre thinking with this. Will there be a Part 2? Is there an unrelated episode between the two parts?

I havent seen this movie yet. I planned to see it in theaters but time constraints and lack of funds prevented me. I dont want a digital copy so I will either wait for the rental version, the blu-disc version or wait until part two is in theaters and watch it the same day. Either way I already saw the other 6 and intend to purchase the whole series on DVD/blu-disc, so, Im not in a hurry.

Nephilim 02-14-24 10:05 AM

It saddens me to to say this film was pretty weak, the worst of the franchise (yes, worse than the 2nd one). I found it boring at most parts, it lacked the dynamics of previous films, both in action and dialogue. It looked as if it was put together quickly, cutting and pasting scenes from different movies; they didn't gel well. The dialogues, slow and long, at times went nowhere. The premise, though interesting in its essence, was confusing for the most part -- it needed a clearer explanation and execution. Hopefully the second part will pick up. Maybe it's time to call it quits after that one? And let's pray there are no reboots either.

PS: Don't get me wrong, I love Tom Cruise.

Dead2009 02-17-24 12:57 AM

Not sure if anyone is aware but it's on Paramount Plus for streaming now.