Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Intermission: Miscellaneous Chat (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Are you Australian ? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=18765)

zedlen 02-24-09 10:59 AM

Are you Australian ?

For all us Oz forum goers.

n3wt 02-24-09 11:01 AM

Re: Are you Australian ?

Sadly No I come from sunny S.Wales in UK.

http://bp2.blogger.com/_MTGbAa__9Vg/...ainingHard.JPG

Caitlyn 02-24-09 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by n3wt (Post 504000)
Sadly No I come from sunny S.Wales in UK.
Why sadly? The pictures I've seen of Wales are beautiful... :)

and zedlen... are you a stalker? :suspicious:

;)

zedlen 02-24-09 11:24 AM

Yes I am.

Post your addresses and phone numbers below, Thanks :p

n3wt 02-24-09 11:24 AM

Wales is a very beutiful place to live but the weather is not so nice as it is in Oz :laugh:

zedlen 02-24-09 11:28 AM

The weather in Oz hasn't been that nice lately. Have you seen the floods and bushfires that have been going on lately ?

n3wt 02-24-09 11:33 AM

Yeah the bushfires are dreadfull I feel so sorry for all the people that it has affected.

Caitlyn 02-24-09 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by zedlen (Post 504014)
The weather in Oz hasn't been that nice lately. Have you seen the floods and bushfires that have been going on lately ?

I've been hearing bits and pieces of the news since Mardi Gras got into full swing... but the last time I heard anything, they said over 200 people had been killed in the fires... :(

zedlen 02-24-09 11:44 AM

Thats right. Most of rural Victoria has been effected and there are still fires burning, its horrible. In Queensland we have floods and towns without power or food. But on the up side I don't think Ive ever seen Australia so united behind a cause.

Caitlyn 02-24-09 12:07 PM

My heart goes out to those affected by both disasters... most of the fires I've ever been around involved either a home or business... but I was in New Orleans during hurricane Katrina so know a little about being cut off without power or food... and considering I'm dumb enough to hang out in a city that is below sea level and, for the most part, completely surrounded by water, minor flooding is a way of life...

Discussing this has me wondering if all our Australian MoFos and MoFoetts have checked in since this all started....

n3wt 02-24-09 02:12 PM

I hope all the Australian MoFo's are ok and havent been affected by the current tragedy's affecting your home.

:up::up:

KasperKristensen 02-24-09 02:21 PM

Sorry to hear about your countrymen Zed.

Never been to Australia but it's definetly on my list of places I want to visit.

As for me being Australian -
We're all a bit Australian :D

mark f 02-24-09 02:30 PM

God Bless my friends from Oz. Although I'm not an Australian, I am an austere alien who occasionally works in a patio. :)

http://theurbanprofessional.com/wp-c...8/09/alien.jpg

n3wt 02-24-09 02:38 PM

I want that table in my front room :yup:

Ðèstîñy 02-24-09 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Caitlyn (Post 504021)
Discussing this has me wondering if all our Australian MoFos and MoFoetts have checked in since this all started....
FernTree hasn't been around since 08-23-2008. He is from Australia. According to his profile . . . "Location: I hail from Tasmania, the island state of the island continent Australia"

Caitlyn 02-24-09 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Ðèstîñy (Post 504055)
FernTree hasn't been around since 08-23-2008. He is from Australia. According to his profile . . . "Location: I hail from Tasmania, the island state of the island continent Australia"

I ran across a post of his the other day and wondered about him... hope he's okay and that he decides to come back...

Sir Toose 02-25-09 10:46 AM

Not Australian.

100% Backwater, farm raised, american hillbilly.

:D

Iroquois 02-25-09 11:33 PM

What the hell, Zedlen, Queensland's not good enough for your poll?

zedlen 02-26-09 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by Iroquois (Post 504455)
What the hell, Zedlen, Queensland's not good enough for your poll?

Beacause everyone hates Queensland..

I'm joking. I deserve a lashing for that. I realised after I posted. Editing as we speak.

Iroquois 02-26-09 08:26 AM

Damn right.