Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Forums Site Stuff (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   MoFo Fantasy Football 2020 - Regular Season (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=62263)

Hey Fredrick 12-26-20 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 2157791)
Yikes. What kinda system lets a 5-9 team through? Is it one of those doofy leagues that has "divisions" even though it's only like a dozen players, thereby introducing even more randomness into an aready too-random game?
Exactly what it is.

Yoda 12-26-20 12:04 PM

Re: MoFo Fantasy Football 2020 - Regular Season

Ugh, that's the worst. Exactly meaning 12, too? I guess that's better than 10, but still. I was in a league like a decade ago that:

a) had yardage bonuses (100, 200, etc), and
b) had 1 point for every 10 passing yards

The result was if some QB threw for 400+ yards (which was becoming a lot more common) they'd score like 70 points. Eli Manning would have a pretty good day and double the total of a stud RB.

I did the math after the season ended, and the team with the higher-scoring QB won like 92% of the time. Needless to say, I did not return.

TONGO 12-26-20 01:53 PM

Kamara got 54.70 points, GOOD-GOD lol! I remember talking before the draft and the thought to take Kamara instead of Elliott was there, but I decided to play it safe. Sigh.

I was floating the idea around about the no trade or one trade rule, not something I was ever wanting to lobby for. If everyone wasnt reacting with enthusiasm for it then it's a memory.

This may be the first time the most stacked team actually wins the championship. 70 points from two drafted players? Yeah, good god.

Yoda 12-27-20 02:30 PM

In all likelihood I'll end up wishing I'd played Gibson over Brown, but it wasn't clear the former would play (and he might still be limited, we'll see). Brown got a score and put up 11, and I'm all about high floors at this point. Carlson kicked for 13 last night, too, so odds are I'll have given away a little there, too, but again with Hey Fred having Watson I wanted to just mitigate whenever possible (and Miami's usually tougher than that on kickers).

Meanwhile, Tampa tossed up 12 against Detroit, mostly because Stafford left with an injury, and just now Cooks cought a 50-yard pass, but it wasn't a TD, at least.

Yoda 12-27-20 03:18 PM

Cooks with several catches on a drive, including a score, and Hey Fred gets both sides of that.

Still a ways to go, but this is exactly the kind of stuff he needs to pull this out. If he gets another one of those stuff gets pretty interesting. By interesting, I mean horrifying, of course.

Wyldesyde19 12-27-20 03:40 PM

Leveon Bell trying to steal that starting RB position with Edwards-Helaire out.
Not that it matters any to your game really.

Yoda 12-27-20 04:13 PM

Watson with another TD, but it's not to Cooks, at least.

Hey Fred still within hailing range, though, with KC's offense shockingly struggling against Atlanta.

Yoda 12-27-20 04:56 PM

Koo missing a late FG means KC's offense is done, Hill held to 8.5 points. Robinson, the guy I'd have been playing instead, scored 15.5 today.

Still in good shape, but an upset is very plausible, because of that, because of the -6 on the kicker switch (for now, game's not over), and because both Cooks and Watson have had huge days.

It'll all come down to tonight's GB-TEN game.

Wyldesyde19 12-27-20 05:00 PM

Watson injured. Hand caught in players face mask.

The happened once to Kurt Warner as I recall.

Yoda 12-27-20 05:01 PM

Bleh, one of those cringeworthy types of injuries. The football equivalent of a papercut.

Bengals in close means they probably at least kick a FG, which means it's super unlikely Fairbairn's gonna even get another chance, so that -6 on the kicker switch (after months of rolling with Carlson) is probably gonna stick.

Wyldesyde19 12-27-20 05:10 PM

Watson seems fine. How great would it be to see him connect with Cooks for a last second TD?

Powdered Water 12-27-20 05:28 PM

That ending to the Browns game was pretty messed up. This has got to be a new rule within the last year or two. Under 2 minutes and Mayfield fumbles on a sneak. They say that only Mayfield can advance the ball and the game was over. Crazy. I didn't know that fumbles were no longer fumbles under 2 minutes.

Yoda 12-27-20 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Wyldesyde19 (Post 2158286)
Watson seems fine. How great would it be to see him connect with Cooks for a last second TD?
:indifferent:

Thankfully he didn't.

Gibson has 38 yards rushing on his first six carries, though. Boy, sure wish we'd gotten word on him earlier so I could've played him over Brown, which already seems likely to have been the wrong move.

Wyldesyde19 12-27-20 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 2158293)
:indifferent:

Thankfully he didn't.

Gibson has 38 yards rushing on his first six carries, though. Boy, sure wish we'd gotten word on him earlier so I could've played him over Brown, which already seems likely to have been the wrong move.
Yeah, tonights game between Tenn-GB is going to be really interesting. Let’s see what Kupp and Myers can gain for Parrotheads, but this suddenly looks closer then it did 2 days ago.

Yoda 12-27-20 06:17 PM

Cupp keeps chippin' away. If he gets into the end zone, too, stuff's gonna get really tight.

Yoda 12-27-20 06:51 PM

Myers with another FG and the margin is 11 with a whole half left to play before tonight's games. This is the worst. :laugh:

Oh, and I guess now that it's happened I can express my surprise that Fred decided not to play Mike Davis today. I'm pretty sure I follow the logic, but on paper I think I'm glad he didn't (and I thought that before he scored a first half TD).

Hey Fredrick 12-27-20 06:53 PM

Davis has really not put up points in the flex the last few weeks so I benched him and went with MVS thinking he was the best chance to have the biggest game of my bench players. Kind of a Hail Mary play/wishful thinking on my part because he could just as easily grab me zero points. If Kamara hadn't gone off the other night MVS is probably not playing and I have Crowder in there instead. I hate those early games.

Yoda 12-27-20 06:55 PM

Yeah, early games just mean more decisions, really, which means more overthinking sometimes.

I figured you were mostly doing the Hail Mary thing (and focusing a lot on the matchup quality), though I think by the time the 4:00 games rolled around it was at least clear you were going to make a game of it tonight.

This is still very much in doubt, particularly if you get some luck with Cupp and Myers (which might be happening right now as a Rams' screwup might give him another late field goal, amazingly).

Yes, I am definitely mentally gaming out all the possible ways in which I could lose the most heartbreaking final ever.

Hey Fredrick 12-27-20 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 2158344)
Yeah, early games just mean more decisions, really, which means more overthinking sometimes.

I figured you were mostly doing the Hail Mary thing (and focusing a lot on the matchup quality), though I think by the time the 4:00 games rolled around it was at least clear you were going to make a game of it tonight.

This is still very much in doubt, particularly if you get some luck with Cupp and Myers (which might be happening right now as a Rams' screwup might give him another late field goal, amazingly).

Yes, I am definitely mentally gaming out all the possible ways in which I could lose the most heartbreaking final ever.
I lost faith in Davis' ability to nab me 20+ points which I figured I was going to need. He was pretty consistently underperforming of late and The Football Team has had a decent run def lately so... play the match ups? Tenn. gives up some receiver points and MVS is the deep threat but will Aaron give him a chance and if he does will Scantling catch it? About 50/50 on both.

But there's only a 10% chance of that

Yoda 12-27-20 07:21 PM

Yeah, I can see it. And if I'm TEN-TEN and you're GB-GB, you're sort of betting on fewer events, so to speak, as I alluded to in the preview: if GB romps and TEN can't get much going, it helps both of your guys and both of mine. Of course, GB putting up points probably means garbage time for TEN, too, but as low-percentage things go it makes sense to reduce the number of discrete things that have to happen.

Anyway, this is horrifyingly close under the circumstances.

Yoda 12-27-20 07:30 PM

Rams in close, potentially big moment.

Yoda 12-27-20 07:32 PM

Two runs from Brown, not in either time, but very close. Ahhhhh.

Yoda 12-27-20 07:37 PM

Rams don't get in on three runs and a failed sneak, though I guess ideally I want them to score (but not with Cupp). But I'll take it. Whew.

Wyldesyde19 12-27-20 07:38 PM

Stopped on downs!

Powdered Water 12-27-20 08:31 PM

I wonder whose gonna be better in the snow? Henry or Jones?

Wyldesyde19 12-27-20 09:29 PM

Here we go! Henry and Tannehill vs Scantling and Jones!
This game determines the winner, and it’s great that it will.

Yoda 12-27-20 09:55 PM

So far the snow's really suppressed offense, all four players combine for just 4.5 points in the first quarter.

Wyldesyde19 12-27-20 09:58 PM

Didn’t help that Dillon stole quite a bit of Jones carries on that last drive.

Wyldesyde19 12-27-20 10:01 PM

Tannehill with an Int that gives Hey Fred a chance for Jones to grab some more yardage.

Yoda 12-27-20 10:04 PM

Yeah given that I’ve got Tannehill and he's got MVS if the weather shuts down most passing that’s a huge net loss.

Yoda 12-27-20 10:07 PM

Adams with another TD. Thank goodness.

Wyldesyde19 12-27-20 10:07 PM

Why is Dillon carrying so much? Did I miss something about Jones?

Powdered Water 12-27-20 10:12 PM

Green bay doing the old; "Hey he's fine!" Then he gets about 6 touches.

Yoda 12-27-20 10:14 PM

He got hit and seemed ginger coming off.

Tannehill sacked twice and has a pass tipped. Not going well.

Yoda 12-27-20 10:14 PM

If I’d played Trubisky this would be over already.

That’s not an unusual sentence but usually it means something totally different.

Powdered Water 12-27-20 10:16 PM

Yeah, at this point you're probably better off if things just kinda stay where they are. Tannehill dropping back to pass 30 more times is gonna be a disaster.

Powdered Water 12-27-20 10:26 PM

Not sure how that penalty gets called but whatever. Sure would have helped Tennessee all of a sudden. Sure have seen a ton of game changing just nonsensical calls this year.

Yoda 12-27-20 10:27 PM

Eh, right now I’m a TD away from losing so I’m only good with a stalemate if I get a score first. Gotta imagine they leave another blocker in there and things improve at least a little. I don’t need much.

Powdered Water 12-27-20 10:29 PM

Yeah and Jones just came back in to. Things are getting pretty tight all the sudden.

Yoda 12-27-20 10:36 PM

Touchdownehill! Finally.

Wyldesyde19 12-27-20 11:11 PM

Huge TD run by Tannehill.
Followed by a great run by Jones, despite the fact he stepped out of bounds much further back. Refs missed it.

Yoda 12-27-20 11:14 PM

That Jones thing was nuts. Four free points, and the crazy thing is if he HAD run it in they would have been obliged to check. Nuts.

rauldc14 12-27-20 11:24 PM

I didn't see a foot out of bounds at
all

Yoda 12-27-20 11:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)

My guess is they missed it because the sideline and the snow look pretty similar.

Wyldesyde19 12-28-20 12:16 AM

Congrats Yoda!
Good season. Also, no shame in second place Hey Fred. It was close for a bit, but in the end, with MVS not getting any catches, and Jones losing carries to Dillon, Yoda was able to pull away.
Good season guys. Hope to be a part of it next year.

TONGO 12-28-20 09:23 AM

Congratulations to 11 Angry Yodas!

Of course I had to look and see what Derrick Henry and Tyreek Hill put up in the championship game (admit it, you looked too) and combined the total came to 18.30. Even when it comes to things we like to b!tch about, Fantasy Football finds a way to screw that up too. :)

Good job to Hey Fredrick. Let me ask, what's up with the name "Parrotheads"? Is there a story behind it?

Yoda 12-28-20 10:13 AM

GG Hey Fred. Great team, and making a game out of it after that Kamara effort was really something. You're more than welcome next year.

Yoda 12-28-20 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 2158562)
Of course I had to look and see what Derrick Henry and Tyreek Hill put up in the championship game (admit it, you looked too) and combined the total came to 18.30. Even when it comes to things we like to b!tch about, Fantasy Football finds a way to screw that up too. :)
:laugh: I've been doing the same thing. Yeah, both Jefferson and Robinson outscored Hill and Hunt outscored Henry.

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 2158562)
Good job to Hey Fredrick. Let me ask, what's up with the name "Parrotheads"? Is there a story behind it?
I am also curious about this but kept forgetting to ask.

Hey Fredrick 12-28-20 10:17 AM

It was closer than I thought it would be on Sunday morning. Pretty much went how I expected with Yoda hitting over 140 and me being around 120. Going in my thinking was I was going to need my highest point total of the year to win and even then it was iffy. No regrets with my line up this week even though there is one obvious "if only." Congrats Yoda for compiling one of the best Fantasy teams I've ever seen. You definitely had the best team all year (except for that ONE week!) :)

As for the Parrotheads name - I don't usually give a lot of thought to screen names and such and I didn't like Yahoo calling it Kenny's Awesome Team. I was listening to some Jimmy Buffett and thought eh, Parrotheads.

Powdered Water 12-28-20 12:42 PM

Congrats to yoder! Three cheers for yoder!!!

Powdered Water 12-28-20 06:51 PM

Look how salty this league is. Yoda smashed it this season. Where's the love? He doesn't even smack talk.
I've been playing this for a minute and havent won this thing not one time. If I ever get a team together and it dominates much as his did this year you guys are probably gonna kick me out of the league for verbal abuse.

jiraffejustin 12-29-20 03:24 PM

Congrats, Yoda. You had one of the most dominant fantasy football seasons I've ever seen, so you deserve the strap this year. You whooped my ass twice this year, so next year, I'm going to cheat.

Yoda 12-30-20 04:45 PM

Thanks dude. Good season to you. :up:

Yoda 01-01-21 04:11 PM

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/sta...40657224753152

Wyldesyde19 01-01-21 08:03 PM

Why couldn’t Kamara test positive before the championship......

Yoda 01-03-21 07:30 PM

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1345827693972094978

TONGO 02-15-21 05:56 PM

FORMER BUCS AND CHARGERS WIDE RECEIVER VINCENT JACKSON FOUND DEAD IN A HOTEL ROOM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wfl...otel-room/amp/

Yoda 02-15-21 06:58 PM

Wow. Geez. He was a star just a few years ago.

Yoda 02-18-21 12:55 PM

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...42800344752141