Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   General Movie Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Which movie did you first hear the F word? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=48402)

Glenguy 03-01-17 07:52 AM

Which movie did you first hear the F word?

For me it was Thunderbolt and Lightfoot where George Kennedy tells an obnoxious kid to go f*ck a duck.

Chypmunk 03-01-17 07:58 AM

Re: Which movie did you first hear the F word?

Absolutely no feckin' idea, might as well ask me when the first time I heard someone utter "good morning" in a film was :D

TheUsualSuspect 03-01-17 08:41 AM

I don't remember either. I remember when I thought it was shocking and taboo, but now it's just whatever.

I can tell if a film is over using it to feel edgy or if it flows naturally. Taking of Pelham 123 remake felt very awkward and forced.

OdumC 03-01-17 08:50 AM

The Sound of Music, I was like 8. utterly shocking.

Yam12 03-01-17 09:29 AM

Probably Die Hard

Saunch 03-01-17 09:34 AM

Probably The Fly (1986). I remember saying it after watching an X-Men movie (could'a been a deleted scene) and getting in trouble.

Ange1e4e5 03-01-17 09:37 AM

Die Hard.

Holden Pike 03-01-17 10:11 AM

Some home movies, I reckon. "Get the fu*k down from there before you break something, and stop being such a little @sshole! Stand up straight and keep your godd@mn hands to yourself or so help me I will put this camera down and you will know pain!"

Theatrically, probably Stripes was my first. On cable, I have no idea?

cricket 03-01-17 10:11 AM

I can't remember for sure, but possibly The Exorcist since I saw it when it came out.

Camo 03-01-17 10:19 AM

Probably Goodfellas. I always remember i first saw some of it when i was 6, since i was staying with my sister and brother in-law the night before we went to Florida in 1999. I'm not sure if i actually heard Fudge since i only saw about 15 minutes of it, but then i don't think that film goes 15 minutes without saying fudge.

Citizen Rules 03-01-17 10:25 AM

The Godfather (1972) first run at the drive-in theater, I was a little kid, not sure why my parents took me to see that...I guess baby sitters were expensive back in the day:p

Camo 03-01-17 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1659353)
The Godfather (1972) first run at the drive-in theater, I was a little kid, not sure why my parents took me to see that...I guess baby sitters were expensive back in the day:p
I actually know a random bit of useless trivia that the f-word isn't said in the first one, it's said a few times in the second though. Unless that is wrong but i can't think of it being said in it.

Citizen Rules 03-01-17 10:45 AM

Oh heck! I thought for sure that would be the earliest I'd heard an F bomb.

Hmmm, I'm not sure know what movie it would be. My dad took us to a bunch of R rated movies when I was a kid. It might be this one which I also seen at the theater as a kid....Dirty Mary Crazy Larry (1974)

HashtagBrownies 03-01-17 04:14 PM

For me it was Jim Carrey's Yes Man. I was like 7 so I was very shocked

Dani8 03-01-17 04:23 PM

I dont know but it must have been pretty early because my baby brother used to talk about KenF******FriedChicken and I;m pretty sure the f bomb wasnt used in my family home back then. He certainly knew it was a bad word, too. Would say it for laughs, the lil attention whore. And he was only about two. Or he would run around the house newd yelling I Have A Stiffy. The face of an angel and the potty mouth of satan. Bless.

I hope those words are OK to use here otherwise lemme know and I'll delete.

Nestorio_Miklos 03-01-17 04:29 PM

Probably Blue Velvet. There was lots of it.

The Gunslinger45 03-01-17 04:33 PM

Thinking back to what movies I was allowed to see and at what age I viewed them, the most likely movie where I first heard the F word was probably Spaceballs.

Now I heard Marty McFly curse up a storm in Back to the Future when I was a 5, but I do not remember the F word in that trilogy.

Saunch 03-01-17 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Nestorio_Miklos (Post 1659581)
Probably Blue Velvet. There was lots of it.
Frank Booth: best teacher of the F word.

Louise1956 03-03-17 02:07 PM

I imagine it was cabaret, the first X rated film I ever saw. You wouldn't have heard the f word in anything but an X film in those days.

Miss Vicky 03-03-17 03:57 PM

Damned if I know. My parents didn't exactly shelter me from it. I was watching R rated movies at a pretty young age because my mom hates kids' movies and didn't want to get stuck watching them if she could avoid it.