Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Actors, Awards, & Directors (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   RIP Chadwick Boseman (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=62222)

ahwell 08-28-20 11:27 PM

RIP Chadwick Boseman

aka Black Panther... :(

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.eon...h-colon-cancer

Wow, this is such a loss, he was so young and an amazing actor.

TheUsualSuspect 08-28-20 11:32 PM

Re: RIP Chadwick Boseman

This is shocking.

Way too young.

Captain Steel 08-28-20 11:39 PM

My gosh! I also find this so shocking.
The guy is so young and had a very athletic body (of course, to play a superhero).
It seemed like his career was hitting a peak.
The irony is I just finally saw Black Panther (2018) about a month ago and enjoyed it. For a character I've been familiar with most my life, I thought he was very well cast.

Does this mean there will be no Black Panther II (already announced)?

Derek Vinyard 08-28-20 11:55 PM

I don't like the movie but way too young to die that's tragic

RIP

Siddon 08-28-20 11:55 PM

The guy played Jackie Robinson and died on Jackie Robinson day

Swan 08-29-20 12:11 AM

Rest in peace.

mark f 08-29-20 12:46 AM

jiraffejustin 08-29-20 03:47 AM

This one really bums me out. I've never seen Black Panther and I don't even remember if I've ever seen anything he's been in, but I know what colon cancer can do to people. It's what my mom died of when she was only 46. They were both too young to go, especially like they did. Rest in peace.

Chypmunk 08-29-20 03:59 AM

Only watched him recently in both Get On Up and Gods Of Egypt, played his part in both quite nicely :(

Requiescat in pace Chadwick.

gandalf26 08-29-20 04:12 AM

This is absolutely awful news. RIP.

John-Connor 08-29-20 04:16 AM

Shocking, very talented, gone too soon, RIP.

xSookieStackhouse 08-29-20 05:29 AM

im sooo sad that he died D= hes one of my favorite person on MCU as black panther :( D= wakanda forever

Mr Minio 08-29-20 05:35 AM

Cancer is a bitch!

mattiasflgrtll6 08-29-20 05:54 AM

Black Panther did get overrated by the Academy, but it was still a fun movie and he did a really good job in it. Ive been interested in the James Brown biopic, but haven't gotten around to it.

Even if I never had seen him in anything however, this is an awful tragedy either way. Nobody should have to die of colon cancer in the best years of their life. Nobody.

What the **** is happening with this year, folks?

MovieMeditation 08-29-20 06:29 AM

Completely insane news... damn.

Rest in piece, Chadwick.

FromBeyond 08-29-20 07:09 AM

Sad and unexpected news, I really liked him in da 5 bloods, get on up and 21 bridges and don't think we'd seen the best from him yet, RIP Chadwick.

Yoda 08-29-20 08:23 AM

Was genuinely surprised to hear this. I thought he looked really slight in Da 5 Bloods. but it's a movie, that's just what actors do. It's not as alarming as it would be in other contexts, except now it seems probably related. Amazing to think this was a secret. I wonder if he would have been Black Panther if it was known, since he was the centerpiece of a huge new franchise?

Either way, a charismatic and talented actor and I'm really sad we won't get to see what he would have done over the next few decades.

Rest in Peace.

cricket 08-29-20 08:51 AM

I didn't know who he was by name because I haven't seen any of his movies but was shocked when I just saw it on the news. Very very sad.

RIP

xSookieStackhouse 08-29-20 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Minio (Post 2120618)
Cancer is a bitch!
i agree

Holden Pike 08-29-20 08:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)