Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Reviews (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Snatch (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=4228)

kiwi 04-30-03 09:44 AM

Snatch

Is there anyone out there who did not like this movie.

i have not yet meet anyone who hasn't. i admit i didn't like it at first but once a watched it again (a bit distracted the 1st time) i thought it was wicked.
Brad pitt just made the movie i think, he played mick brilliantly. i have to say he was my fav character then a close second was bullet tooth tony played by Vinnie Jones.

i have always had trouble watching the likes of Snatch, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels but im finaly getting the hang of them.

What are your thoughts?
Who do you think plays the best role?
Out of 5 how many stars?

Kiwi's rating - ****/5 a must see flick (Times )

verbal penguin 04-30-03 12:51 PM

You can't expect everyone to like it. I adore it (it's one of my favs), but I can tell you that my mother is not going to like it (luckily she hasn't seen it yet). My girlfriend hates it already, and she only heard some of the jokes from me.

linespalsy 05-01-03 02:19 AM

i liked it. fun movie. but i found the style sort of distracting in a mildly annoying way. another one i liked was 'sexy beast', with ben kingsley.

Kong 05-01-03 03:03 AM

Kong has found that most of the people he knows who didn't like it were mostly critical of it's similarity to Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels. The films do have some basic similarities, but Kong found both to be funny, and entertaining.

n7of9 05-01-03 10:16 AM

that would be ME....i didn't like it...i just don't get all the hype about this flick

i just didn't like it

Naisy 05-01-03 12:02 PM

I actually enjoyed it, I didnt think I was going to but pleasently surprisingly I did. The final fight scene in which Pitts character gets up and you have the freezes with the quote "Now were phucked" to me that was just classic, I didnt understand it as well as I might have liked to but all in all a good movie, with a good ending.

LordSlaytan 05-01-03 02:13 PM

Great flick. Would it have been as popular in the States without Pitt though? I wonder.

Hondo333 05-11-03 02:51 AM

Originally posted by Kong
Kong has found that most of the people he knows who didn't like it were mostly critical of it's similarity to Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels. The films do have some basic similarities, but Kong found both to be funny, and entertaining.
Thats like not liking "Pulp Fiction" coz its similar to "Reservoir Dogs"

Beale the Rippe 05-14-03 12:45 AM

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels is by far the better movie in my opinion. Brad Pitt stole Snatch. I also thought the whole concept of Noris the Blade (unkillable, sneaky Russian @U&@%#!) was very funny. I also though Brick Top made a great villian. The list goes on. One of the reasons I like the films is because (in each film) in the short amount of time the film lasts, it develops multiple characters and creates a hip and very funny movie.

4 out of 4 for both. (Although I'm thinking I'm gonna put Lock, Stock on a level above compare, as it is one of my favs).

Frank-thing 06-06-03 07:59 PM

Hi Guy's, I loved this film and I think that Brad Pitt did a great job as the pikey. :yup: .