Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   General Movie Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What's a male version of 50 Shades of Grey? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=60477)

ironpony 12-11-19 01:34 PM

What's a male version of 50 Shades of Grey?

My gf likes the movies and really wants me to finish the trilogy. However, if I do this for her, I figure she should watch a more male version of a sexually charged drama. But are there any?

Yoda 12-11-19 01:42 PM

Re: What's a male version of 50 Shades of Grey?

The male version is just literally whatever you would normally want to watch that she wouldn't.

Miss Vicky 12-11-19 01:47 PM

A "male version?" of a movie where the man in the relationship dominates the woman? What?

mattiasflgrtll6 12-11-19 01:55 PM

There's nothing I hate more than watching a crappy movie just because someone else does. If you don't want to see any of the other Fifty Shades movies I don't think you should have to. I haven't even checked out the first one. Everything I hear about them sounds like misogynist romanticized abuse garbage anyway.

ironpony 12-11-19 02:00 PM

Well so far people talk about the third one like it's so bad that it's good, so maybe it can be enjoyed as a guilty pleasure. However, as far movies I want to watch that I know she shouldn't go, any examples of such movies?

Yoda 12-11-19 02:08 PM

Wouldn't you be the only person who could answer that?

mattiasflgrtll6 12-11-19 02:14 PM

I don't understand the plot of What's a male version of 50 Shades Of Grey?.

ironpony 12-11-19 02:19 PM

Oh I don't know either. I guess what I mean is, is that 50 Shades of Grey is some women's idea of what they want a guy to be sexually. So what would be the male equivalent movie, of what they want a woman to be sexually?

Tugg 12-11-19 02:20 PM

Fast and Furious franchise. Lots of female buts there too.

ironpony 12-11-19 02:25 PM

Oh okay, but Fast and the Furious is an action movie. I'm talking about a male version of a what they want in a woman sexually, where the character's sex life is the main premise of the story.

Mesmerized 12-11-19 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by ironpony (Post 2051989)
I'm talking about a male version of a what they want in a woman sexually

Anything with Beavis and Butthead would fit that description.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L3J8jUsHe0

Stirchley 12-11-19 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by ironpony (Post 2051984)
Oh I don't know either. I guess what I mean is, is that 50 Shades of Grey is some women's idea of what they want a guy to be sexually. So what would be the male equivalent movie, of what they want a woman to be sexually?
I’m thinking Flashdance or 9-1/2 weeks.

MovieMad16 12-11-19 02:38 PM

What you need is a film in which the woman sexually dominates the man perhaps.

ironpony 12-11-19 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by MovieMad16 (Post 2051998)
What you need is a film in which the woman sexually dominates the man perhaps.
Yeah probably.

And people say that 50 Shades of Grey is just another take on 9 1/2 weeks so I thought 9 1/2 weeks was more of a 'chick flick' therefore.

Miss Vicky 12-11-19 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by ironpony (Post 2052000)
And people say that 50 Shades of Grey is just another take on 9 1/2 weeks so I thought 9 1/2 weeks was more of a 'chick flick' therefore.
50 Shades of Grey is Twilight fanfiction with the names changed. Seriously.

Yoda 12-11-19 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by ironpony (Post 2051984)
How would we know what you want a woman to be sexually?

Also, I would caution against assuming any woman who watches these movies wants what's depicted in them.

Yoda 12-11-19 03:08 PM

If you're watching these movies as a favor to her, it's because she wants to watch them but you don't.

If it's understood she "owes" you for this, then your version of it is just a thing you want to watch that she doesn't. It doesn't have to be sexual, that's not the meaningful part of you watching it with her. The fact that you wouldn't otherwise watch it is the meaningful part.

If for whatever reason (?) you want it to be sexually-themed, then you have to pick something particularly to your desires, I suppose, which none of us have any awareness of.

Citizen Rules 12-11-19 03:15 PM

Ironpony tell your girlfriend that now you get to watch all of the James Bond films ever made.

Siddon 12-11-19 03:19 PM

9 1/2 weeks

ironpony 12-11-19 03:37 PM

Oh I don't think she owes me like it's a chore, I just thought it would be fun to get her to watching something male equivalent. It's all in good nature for sure. I was thinking maybe of Body of Evidence (1993), but the courtroom plot is so boring in between the sex scenes though. That's the thing, is trying to find one where the plot isn't a dud.