Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   General Movie Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Best Trilogy (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=5702)

led_zeppelin 11-01-03 05:14 PM

Best Trilogy

What is the best trilogy of all time. This can be movies or books.

Piddzilla 11-01-03 05:43 PM

The Godfather Trilogy

Ezikiel 11-01-03 05:48 PM

The Star Wars Trilogy!!

matrix_squared 11-01-03 08:16 PM

back to the future...
I dont think that any trilogy really connects and gels together the way that the back to the future trilogy does.

the only contender on my opinion would be the matrix trilogy... but i'll have to wait until thursday to really find out

The Silver Bullet 11-01-03 08:29 PM

I've added a few more into the poll so that we can at least choose from something worthy of being chosen.

Caitlyn 11-01-03 10:12 PM

I went with LOTR’s … I love the way they did this one… shooting back to back instead of making us wait for years to see the next part…

LordSlaytan 11-01-03 10:50 PM

I went with The Lord of the Rings as well. The Godfather trilogy is almost perfect, but I didn't care for the third all that much. Back to the Future and Indiana Jones both have the same problem. I have always loved the Star Wars trilogy as well, but it has been edged out.

linespalsy 11-01-03 11:03 PM

mine is the mobile suit gundam trilogy. great movies, those. that red comet, char, quite the fop, that char.

of the ones listed up there, poihaps i go with star wars. i havent seen the three colors.

[EDIT]: oh wait, by "dollars trilogy" did you mean the man with no name movies? if so, i'll take that one over star wars i reckon.

Jenny*B 11-02-03 01:44 AM

I'm going with Lord of the Rings. The others just didn't do it for me.

Muzzy 11-02-03 01:55 AM

Well all those movies are great, but in my opinion none are on the same level as The Godfather movies. Even the 3rd one is still a great movie.

Fugitive 11-02-03 02:15 AM

I haven't seen the last installments on a couple of these. So I'll wait until I do to give my vote.

The Silver Bullet 11-02-03 02:44 AM

I love how some of you can complain about the third films in many of these trilogies, and then vote for The Lord of the Rings, which hasn't even released it's third film yet.

jrs 11-02-03 03:17 AM

I vote for The Indiana Jones Trilogy

LordSlaytan 11-02-03 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
I love how some of you can complain about the third films in many of these trilogies, and then vote for The Lord of the Rings, which hasn't even released it's third film yet.
Wow, you're so smart...I went under an assumption, since they were all filmed together, that it would not disappoint. Go figure.

The Silver Bullet 11-02-03 03:34 AM

Ah, but Brian!

That may well be the case, and there's a very, very good chance that it will be. But still, you're assuming, and assumption, Snatch tells us, is the mother of all f_ck-ups.

Go ahead! Waste your vote on an assumption!

See you in Hell, Xanadu!

:laugh:

I wasn't trying to be smart.

Hondo333 11-02-03 03:45 AM

Dollars for me, Three of the greatest movies of all time,

I personaly don't even consider part 3 of The Godfather Series, its more of a Epiloge.

Liked Moulin Rouge and Romeo + Juliet but hate Strickley Ballroom.

The Indinana Jones and The Back to the future ones where also fantasic both dont have a bad movie in the series.

I also lkie the first 3 Rocky Movies

LordSlaytan 11-02-03 04:16 AM

Ah, but Brian!

That may well be the case, and there's a very, very good chance that it will be. But still, you're assuming, and assumption, Snatch tells us, is the mother of all f_ck-ups.

Go ahead! Waste your vote on an assumption!

See you in Hell, Xanadu!

:laugh:

I wasn't trying to be smart.
I know bro, Ima drunk AGAIN!!!

Aniko 11-02-03 11:17 AM

I voted for The Lord of the Rings Trilogy. Sorry Silver...I'm going on the assumption theory also. :D

One thing I don't have to assume is my eagerness (wanting, needing, drooling) to see more of Viggo as Aragorn. ;D

Next would be....Indiana Jones and Back to the Future.

7thson 11-02-03 12:05 PM

"What is the best trilogy of all time. This can be movies or books."

I think I will go with Lord of the Rings, and hope someone doesnt assume I mean the movie, assumptions are a bitc*

Spoon 11-02-03 12:25 PM

Oh lordiness. You just HAD to put the 3 trilogies I love on there. I can't decide... can't decide.... :eek:

Indiana Jones, LotR, Star Wars... it's a threeway tie for first place.