Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Home Theater Questions & Information (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   How big is your DVD collection? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=12946)

Nausicaä 06-09-11 07:41 PM

Re: How big is your DVD collection?

At the moment around 750+ DVDs and 50+ Blu rays.

Marky2011Movies 06-12-11 11:43 AM

I have 2 DVD'S Batman Begins and The Dark knight
Just moved into my new house so new DVD collection and home theater set up!

Sexy Celebrity 06-12-11 01:19 PM

1,000 or more, DVDs and Blu-rays. Although, people are telling me I could have 100,000 on an external hard drive and I wouldn't have had to pay a penny for anything except the external hard drive.

rauldc14 06-12-11 02:01 PM

117 now, but more to come!

Matcat 09-15-11 07:23 AM

I started collecting in May so I have only got around 60 dvds (movies) and then I've got some tv-series.

MSHax 09-29-11 02:24 AM

I see this is a really old thread but it's still going. :)

I have a little over 721. I keep them organized Alphabetically. I use a barcode scanner and a database/web app I built so that if something gets out of line, I know exactly what's missing and more importantly, I can figure out if I already have a certain DVD. Everyone here with over 100 has been at the store and saw a good deal, bought it, went home and said "oh crap! Well looks like I have 2 copies of...". With my web app, I can check my DVD collection from my iPhone and see if I have it to prevent that.

j751 10-30-13 01:22 PM

Somewhere in the neighbourhood of a thousand.I'll have to count and have never got around to that.There are many I gave away.Many more were loaned and never came back.

Voigan 11-06-13 10:16 AM

I own about 30-35ish. It’s kind of unnecessary with such a small collection but I’m a bit of neatness freak so I like to organize them by separating the animated movies from the live action then sorting them by genre; EG musical, fantasy, romance, action, drama and so on.

Soul Surfer 12-28-13 12:22 AM

I like to say my collection is more quality not quanity at the moment. I have 31 DVD/Blu Rays.

RepentantSky 12-30-13 12:46 AM

Right now I have 14 Blu-ray's and 20 DVD's. I'd have a lot more but I'm also a gamer (although that's taking a backseat right now) so I don't buy them as often because games are more expensive. That said, there aren't a lot of games I want right now and I haven't even played in a while, so I'm probably gonna work on getting more for the next few months.