Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Actors, Awards, & Directors (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Al Pacino vs Robert De niro (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=2011)

Cybernage 03-18-02 09:03 PM

Al Pacino vs Robert De niro

ive seen almost all of there movies which of these two men in your mind is better...

Holden Pike 03-18-02 09:05 PM

DeNiro, no contest. His eight flicks with Scorsese alone put him way in the lead of just about anybody, including Pacino.

Yoda 03-18-02 09:31 PM

Sorry, already got a thread on the subject:

Anyway, my vote goes for De Niro...though Pacino is definitely the king of rage, IMO.

Quietstorm 03-18-02 10:55 PM

Deniro. Everything you need to know about life I learned from Robert.

firegod 03-19-02 12:10 AM

De Niro is great, but HE CAN'T CRY! Learn how to to cry, you macho man, you! :p

B&W 03-19-02 01:11 AM

Who the hell gives if he can cry or not?

No one wants to see him cry. :rolleyes:

firegod 03-19-02 01:42 AM

I look at the whole package. Pacino is a better actor, in my opinion.

bigvalbowski 03-19-02 05:36 PM

Pacino's best was Dog Day Afternoon.

De Niro's best was Raging Bull.

Pacino's performance is better.

But for longevity, Pacino hasn't had a great performance since the 70s. De Niro has been great in The King of Comedy, Godfather Part II, Heat - that's at least one a decade.

But I'll go for Pacino. He seems like a nicer guy. :)

berich 03-19-02 06:27 PM

I think you can't really say one is better than the other. They are both fantastic actors. I can say that they are better than Keanu Reeves though. That is a fact.

Brad S. 03-19-02 06:36 PM

Originally posted by firegod
De Niro is great, but HE CAN'T CRY! Learn how to to cry, you macho man, you! :p
Wha!! You obviously havent seen Raging Bull then. The scene where DeNiro is banging his head against the wall and crying is probably one of his best scenes on film!

:D

Yoda 03-19-02 06:36 PM

More modern day: Analyze This! Good goofy De Niro blubbering. I dig it. Oh, and welcome you two. :) Brad/berich. :yup:

Brad S. 03-19-02 07:43 PM

Originally posted by TWTCommish
More modern day: Analyze This! Good goofy De Niro blubbering. I dig it. Oh, and welcome you two. :) Brad/berich. :yup:
Hey thanks for the welcome! Nice forums here! :D

B&W 03-21-02 05:31 AM

But for longevity, Pacino hasn't had a great performance since the 70s.
YOu didn't like Any Given Sunday?

bigvalbowski 03-21-02 06:50 AM

No, I didn't. I thought Any Given Sunday was a mess. It was Oliver Stone out of control and that's never good. His hyperactive editing worked well on JFK and Natural Born Killers but it was unnecessary for a football movie. And Pacino just shouted a lot like he's done in every movie for the last 10 years.

His best performance in the 90s was in Dick Tracy and that's not a compliment.

morbidodyssey 03-24-02 02:01 PM

I think Al Pacino is the better actor but I like De Niro better. Both are extrodianry though.

sadesdrk 03-24-02 02:07 PM

Originally posted by morbidodyssey
I think Al Pacino is the better actor but I like De Niro better. Both are extrodianry though.
That's...so enlightening. Anyone got an argument for that?

Writerdirect 03-28-02 05:19 AM

PACINO, AL. I think he is great. De niro is one of the funniest actors for me. Have you seen 15 minutes ? Craked me up when he was talking to the mirror, practising his proposal.

Ha Ha Ha HA ..... PIZZA'S HERE!

sadesdrk 03-28-02 12:47 PM

Originally posted by Writerdirect
De niro is one of the funniest actors for me. Have you seen 15 minutes ? Craked me up when he was talking to the mirror, practising his proposal.

15 Minutes was crap. I don't know what the hell DeNiro was thinking. A better example of his humor would be, Meet the Parents or Analyze This. I just really have a hard time understanding why DeNiro did such a sh!tty-@ss movie, really burns me, because he can afford to make better desicions about what he does...

Writerdirect 03-28-02 04:05 PM

15 minutes was EXCELLENT! in the words of bill and ted. EXCELLENT!:furious:

sadesdrk 03-28-02 05:29 PM

Originally posted by Writerdirect
15 minutes was EXCELLENT! in the words of bill and ted. EXCELLENT!:furious:
Okay...it so was not excellent. It totally, and completely sucked. I hated every stupid, poorly written/directed/acted, second of it.