Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Intermission: Miscellaneous Chat (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   LIMITED SERIES & MINI-SERIES (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=62943)

Stirchley 12-21-20 02:09 PM

LIMITED SERIES & MINI-SERIES

1 Attachment(s)
This Hulu show is quite good though the premise is preposterous. Two 33 year olds portray themselves as middle schoolers in 7th grade & relive the agonies & ecstacies of that time. The premise actually works & the only reason I bailed out is because I didn’t attend an American middle school so it’s hard for me to relate.

Stirchley 12-30-20 01:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So good. Really enjoyed this limited series on Hulu. Both leads are excellent.

dadgumblah 01-18-21 02:26 AM

Re: LIMITED SERIES & MINI-SERIES

A Teacher looks good. I love me some Kate Mara!

Stirchley 03-17-21 02:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Four-parter from the BBC. Hugh Laurie carried this entire thing.

Bit of a hot mess with a ton crammed into roughly 4 hours. A cast of thousands with dozens of subplots. It ended with the potential for a second season, but I will skip that.

John-Connor 05-11-21 07:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
All time favorite mini-series:

Stirchley 05-12-21 02:05 PM

The Night of - excellent

Band of Brothers - seen it a million times

Stirchley 08-04-21 01:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Enjoyed this 7-part reality show on HBOMax.

Stirchley 08-18-21 01:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Loved this show on HBOMax.

Siddon 08-18-21 01:50 PM

You should do a limited series Hall of Fame...I think you can get 5-6 people to do it.

Stirchley 08-23-21 01:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Just bought the dvd of this so I can watch it again. Very good limited series.

honeykid 08-24-21 09:28 AM

I'm surprised to see you liked that, @Stirchley. I thnk I'm right in saying there's another series of that coming.

Rhys 08-24-21 09:33 AM

This is a fantastic series starring Riz Ahmed & John Turturro.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/...zOTE@._V1_.jpg

Stirchley 08-25-21 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Stirchley (Post 2231242)
Sat down & watched this entire thing again. Loved it.

Originally Posted by Stirchley (Post 2232660)

Just bought the dvd of this so I can watch it again. Very good limited series.
Originally Posted by honeykid (Post 2232936)
I'm surprised to see you liked that, @Stirchley. I thnk I'm right in saying there's another series of that coming.
Familiar with Piper from her previous show when she portrayed a hooker. I find her very likable & I want to watch the show again.

Unaware that a season 2 is coming. I follow these things intently & have not heard this.

Originally Posted by Rhys (Post 2232939)
This is a fantastic series starring Riz Ahmed & John Turturro.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/...zOTE@._V1_.jpg
Good show. Saw it last year. Or was it the year before?

honeykid 08-25-21 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Stirchley (Post 2233304)
Unaware that a season 2 is coming. I follow these things intently & have not heard this.
Went looking and, yes, Sky annouced in February that they've comissioned a second series. Good news as I enjoyed this too.

I don't know if you know but she directed and starred in a film called Rare Beasts, which sounds quite good and in a similar vein.

Stirchley 08-25-21 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by honeykid (Post 2233345)
Went looking and, yes, Sky annouced in February that they've comissioned a second series. Good news as I enjoyed this too.

I don't know if you know but she directed and starred in a film called Rare Beasts, which sounds quite good and in a similar vein.
Great about season 2.

I’ve put Rare Beasts in my Netflix Q though it’s the first time I’ve heard about it. Thanks!

Stirchley 08-30-21 01:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)

So disappointing. Wanted so much to like this as I’m a huge fan of Jean Smart.

Trying so hard to be funny, but not funny at all. And don’t get me started on her drippy co-star. Beyond blah.

Watched 3 episodes, but it’s not really my cuppa tea. The two leads are excellent though & the show is well-produced.

I know @AgrippinaX likes this actress, but don’t know if she’s seen the show.

AgrippinaX 08-30-21 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Stirchley (Post 2234461)

So disappointing. Wanted so much to like this as I’m a huge fan of Jean Smart.
That’s very annoying, know what you mean.

Originally Posted by Stirchley (Post 2234461)

Watched 3 episodes, but it’s not really my cuppa tea. The two leads are excellent though & the show is well-produced.

I know @AgrippinaX likes this actress, but don’t know if she’s seen the show.
I’ll check it out, I do like her, but that’s not to say everything she’s in is good. In fact, she tends to veer into comedy, which is a hard sell for me more often than not.

CringeFest 08-30-21 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Stirchley (Post 2155597)
This Hulu show is quite good though the premise is preposterous. Two 33 year olds portray themselves as middle schoolers in 7th grade & relive the agonies & ecstacies of that time. The premise actually works & the only reason I bailed out is because I didn’t attend an American middle school so it’s hard for me to relate.

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...chmentid=70404

As someone who's around that age i could relate to it pretty heavily: the AOL instant messaging and the general feelings of emabarrassment.

Stirchley 09-01-21 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by AgrippinaX (Post 2234593)
I’ll check it out, I do like her, but that’s not to say everything she’s in is good. In fact, she tends to veer into comedy, which is a hard sell for me more often than not.
I think you might like this show.

Stirchley 11-24-21 01:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)

No clue where this new show from Denmark on HBOMax is going, but I’m along for the ride so far.