Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   General Movie Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Seats in Cinema (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=36149)

windsoc 06-23-14 03:51 PM

Seats in Cinema

I may come off as sounding like someone who is neurotic and somewhat OCD but I honestly don't think I am, I just think I like doing things in life the way I like to. And that does extend to the cinema. When I go to the cinema I will always aim to sit at the back in the middle row to on the aisle. I am unsure why I do, I think it's so I can avoid having to sit next to people and can make an easy exit.

Yeah, I sound a bit weird...

Does anyone else do something similar?

TONGO 06-23-14 03:52 PM

I always take the seat by the aisle. Im 6'5" and need the leg room.

Yoda 06-23-14 04:04 PM

Re: Seats in Cinema

I rarely go to the movies any more, but when I do I tend to sit in the back. People talk, and I hate it, and it's a lot more tolerable when they're facing away from you rather than behind you. Other than that, I try to sit far away. Ya' know, because of the talking.

The Rodent 06-23-14 04:07 PM

Me too.
Back row by the aisle.

3 reasons.
1) Convenience.
2) Guaranteed to have only one idiot next to me rather than being stuck between 2 idiots.
3) Being at the back means I don't have to break my neck to see the screen.

The Gunslinger45 06-23-14 04:10 PM

I go for the back middle. Or the very back by the aisle if I need to make an emergency quick exit.

mark f 06-23-14 04:57 PM

I always sat near the front middle - total immersion. I was the last to leave the theatre anyway since I always watched the credits all the way through. :)

Holden Pike 06-23-14 04:59 PM

Depends entirely on the theater, the size of the crowd, and whether I have food or not, but generally I am in the front third of the house, on an aisle. Left or right, it doesn't matter, but I'm 6'3", so the extra leg room is a good thing to have.

Nausicaä 06-23-14 05:29 PM

I panic when I can't get an aisle seat because I hate having to walk by everyone if I need to go to the toilet during the film, it rarely happens but I still like to have that weight off my shoulders when sitting in the cinema and not constantly thinking I might need to get up to go to the toilet sometime during the showing of the film...

So my ideal spot is an aisle seat, middle rows. :)

doubledenim 06-23-14 05:50 PM

3rd or 4th row from the back in the middle, usually keeps me out of the projector wash.

The Sci-Fi Slob 06-23-14 06:04 PM

I tend to sit 3rd row from the back in the northeast quarter.

honeykid 06-23-14 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Holden Pike (Post 1109448)
Depends entirely on the theater, the size of the crowd, and whether I have food or not,
Food? Oh, HP. And here was I thinking you were a real cinema man. :(

Sexy Celebrity 06-23-14 06:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
http://www.movieforums.com/community...1&d=1403560682

Real cinema men eat.

gbgoodies 06-23-14 07:20 PM

I rarely go to the movie theater anymore unless it's a movie that I just can't wait to see, or a movie that I think should really be seen in IMAX. The ticket prices have gone sky high, and I can buy the DVD brand new for less than the price of two theater tickets. If I like the movie, then I already own the DVD, and if I don't like the movie, at least the DVD is sellable online somewhere, like eBay.

If it's a movie that I'm pretty sure that I'm going to want to own, then I just wait for the movie to come out on DVD, but if I'm not sure about the movie, I can just stream it from somewhere like Netflix, Hulu, or even YouTube. I can watch the streamed movie on my TV through the wireless streaming options on my Blu-Ray DVD player, so I still get to watch it on a full size TV, not a little laptop screen.

cricket 06-23-14 07:36 PM

I just follow my wife and let her decide. So I usually end up circling the theater a couple times and then switching seats about 3 times.

The Rodent 06-23-14 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by cricket (Post 1109542)
I just follow my wife and let her decide. So I usually end up circling the theater a couple times and then switching seats about 3 times.

That's going into the "possibilities list" for best post of 2014.

MovieGal 06-23-14 10:06 PM

I have to sit midway up and to the right side... not the far right but to the right side... so I can position my body to see correctly. I have problems with my vision for distance and if I sit in the middle or the left side.. forget it.. my eyes cant focus correctly on the film.

Miss Vicky 06-23-14 10:20 PM

If I'm with friends, it's usually somewhere in the middle or towards the back. If I'm with my mom, then it's a middle row but on the aisle, since I'm expected to go get refills.

Swan 06-23-14 10:22 PM

When I'm by myself, I sit third row from the front in the middle. When I'm with my dad, we sit in the very back in the middle. When I'm with my immediate older sister, we sit in the very back on one of the sides. When I'm with my friend, who knows where we'll sit... it's nebulous.

jrs 06-23-14 11:14 PM

I usually sit in the middle, but mostly when I'm when I'm with friends I take the end by the aisle. You know, if by any chance I really have to make an urgent pit stop. :p

Sexy Celebrity 06-23-14 11:25 PM

I can understand eating in a theater and being a real cinema man (or real cinema woman) at the same time, but, what kind of real cinema man or woman USES THE BATHROOM DURING THE MOVIE?!?!?!

Hold it.