Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Ongoing Tournaments & Brackets (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Mafia forum game (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=66933)

WrinkledMind 09-30-22 12:21 PM

I asked this on Shoutbox, but I think it would be better if I make a thread.
If the mods have an issue they can delete it or move it to the proper part of the forum.

Basically I have a free weekend and most of next week. I was thinking I could run a Mafia game here, if people are interested.

I will try to keep it simple - town vs mafia, where, depending on the participants, a large group will be town and few mafia. Players, depending on their role, will have certain powers.
There won't be any complex roles, considering this would be the first time, and I am assuming that, unless people have played mafia games on this forum before.

The goal is for both the groups to find and eliminate the other group. The ones remaining in the end win.

It's a fun game, if played in the right spirit - that is no cheating or fights.

So, is anyone interested? I need minimum 10 players. More than that would be welcome too.

Chypmunk 09-30-22 12:41 PM

Re: Mafia forum game

I've moved this to the Ongoing Tournaments & Brackets subforum as that is where the Survivor threads reside. Knowing how some of those sadly deteriorated I think its best left to @Yoda to decide how suitable something like this might be.

Yoda 09-30-22 01:06 PM

Yeah, we're gonna have a quick hook if anybody gets too invested. :laugh: I've played Mafia and its many many variants before, and I think it stands less risk of causing any big fights, but I definitely want everyone to go in remembering that this is just a game and if it feels really really important, best not to play at all. 'Sposed to be fun and all that. :)

Okay, now that I've ruined the fun with warnings and caveats, have fun anyway!

SpelingError 09-30-22 01:40 PM

I don't believe I've played this before, so I'm not quite sure how this game works.

WrinkledMind 09-30-22 02:01 PM

@Yoda
Experienced players would actually help the cause. Not that this is a difficult game.

Originally Posted by SpelingError (Post 2336682)
I don't believe I've played this before, so I'm not quite sure how this game works.

Fairly easy. If you are town, guess who the mafia is, through discussion with others during day phase and collectively reach a lynch through voting. You also get to use investigative power during night phase.

All the while knowing that the person you are discussing with could well be one of the mafia.

If you are mafia, try to hide amongst the town during day phase; lie, and during night kill the town folks one by one.

I will explain the roles in details, and I will also help newbies by guiding them, if needed, without spoiling the sanctity of the game.

SpelingError 09-30-22 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by WrinkledMind (Post 2336691)
@Yoda
Experienced players would actually help the cause. Not that this is a difficult game.

Fairly easy. If you are town, guess who the mafia is, through discussion with others during day phase and collectively reach a lynch through voting. You also get to use investigative power during night phase.

All the while knowing that the person you are discussing with could well be one of the mafia.

If you are mafia, try to hide amongst the town during day phase; lie, and during night kill the town folks one by one.

I will explain the roles in details, and I will also help newbies by guiding them, if needed, without spoiling the sanctity of the game.
Thanks for the explanation. I might join this game later.

xSookieStackhouse 11-25-22 07:46 AM

at first i thought u were talking about mafia video game cause im a big fan of mafia series lol
https://i0.wp.com/thekoalition.com/i...60%2C452&ssl=1

John-Connor 02-01-23 09:08 AM

Never played it, but interested, might join this if I have the time when it starts.

seanc 02-01-23 09:26 AM

I would join something like this. We had a lot of fun with the survivor games when they first started. I would be a total newbie, but count me in if you get enough participants.

WrinkledMind 02-02-23 01:54 PM

Cheers @seanc & @John-Connor

I just need anywhere between 7-10 players. More would be good too.

I am visiting my village next week, so anytime after the 12th this month is good for me to host the game.

Hope we get the players. Everyone's welcome. If you watch the series The Traitors you will get the idea.