Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   General Movie Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Okay, the Ring is not scary! (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=5795)

led_zeppelin 11-09-03 05:39 PM

Okay, the Ring is not scary!

I watched this movie by myself, in the dark, (and I'm 14) and I wasn't scared at all. The only part that COULD have almost scared me was
WARNING: "The Ring" spoilers below
when she comes out of the t.v.
Other than that, :nope: NOT SCARY!

LordSlaytan 11-09-03 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by led_zeppelin
I watched this movie by myself, in the dark, (and I'm 14) and I wasn't scared at all. The only part that COULD have almost scared me was
WARNING: "The Ring" spoilers below
when she comes out of the t.v.
Other than that, :nope: NOT SCARY!
Why didn't you reply in the ring thread instead of starting a new one?

r3port3r66 11-09-03 09:07 PM

Also, for the courtesy of others, please DO NOT give away main plot points! Just because you didn't find it entertaining, doesn't mean you should ruin it for others.

led_zeppelin 11-11-03 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by r3port3r66
Also, for the courtesy of others, please DO NOT give away main plot points! Just because you didn't find it entertaining, doesn't mean you should ruin it for others.
Man, if somebody is on this thread, chances are they've seen the movie.

LordSlaytan 11-11-03 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by led_zeppelin
Man, if somebody is on this thread, chances are they've seen the movie.
Maybe to see if you liked the darn thing, that doesn't mean they want to know the ending. And again, please use the search function. You have started multiple threads now even though you've been asked to use the searh function.

MuzikQueen79 11-18-03 05:45 PM

I hated it, i thought it was dumb.

DrenaiWarrior 11-18-03 05:49 PM

I didn't think it was bad or good, i was indifferent i guess, some parts of the movie I like, for instance:

-The first time they show that girl that died at the beginning (god it was gruesome looking)
-When the kid tweaks and was like "You're not suppose to help her, SHE NEVER SLEEPS" or whatever he said...i don't remember but he is awesome for just that one part of the movie
-The actual ring movie itself was kidnda fun to watch (especially when the fly is on the TV

parts I didn't like

-pretty much most of the characters
-the fact that it tried to be scary, (no I too didn't think it was scary)
-The ending

Beale the Rippe 11-18-03 07:28 PM

I thought it was pretty scary, but not nearly as scary and Ringu.

It had really awesome editing though.

torie 11-19-03 09:59 PM

Funny how when it first came out everybody said it was scary but now, acouple moths latter people don't. Just like when Britteny was like god or somthing to many girls and now she is trash and only 5 year olds like her.

Me, I have learned to ignore most pplz reviews on movies. Especially post reviews. That way I know I haven't been some how brain washed.

Yeah, I thought it was scary. And I loved it. I loved the adrenline(sp) rush I get from it when ever I thought about it. Sadly the adreniline is gone and I'm still looking for a new movie.

Beale the Rippe 11-19-03 10:17 PM

See The Eye..or maybe Ringu.

Nirvana9641 11-20-03 07:09 PM

i thought the idea of it was freaky. ringu was better. ring was freakier than scary.

Beale the Rippe 11-20-03 07:15 PM

It scared me, but Ringu scared me more...

DJ-MONEY 11-21-03 12:20 AM

yo

the ring does anyone know where i can get a pic of the girl coming out the tv if ya can give me a link thanks

Caitlyn 11-21-03 12:41 AM

What are we talking about here... The Ring or Scarface... :p

Nirvana9641 11-21-03 09:11 AM

the ring i think

DJ-MONEY 11-21-03 03:26 PM

yo

Scarface Is Just My Signutre...

Monkeypunch 11-21-03 03:50 PM

The ring scared the CRAP out of me. Seriously. I watched it the first night in my new apartment with my buddy jeremy, and we were scared out of our minds the whole time.

projectMayhem 11-21-03 03:57 PM

I thought it was very creepy, and scary. Also, though, it just looked cool. The cinematography was very well done.

Caitlyn 11-21-03 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by DJ-MONEY
Scarface Is Just My Signutre...

I actually figured that out… I was trying to hint that your signature was a little big and that it overpowered your post…

LordSlaytan 11-21-03 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
I actually figured that out… I was trying to hint that your signature was a little big and that it overpowered your post…
It's just plain ol' friggin' rediculous. A signature is written, not a damn DVD poster. Why don't you just put, "I love Scarface, it's my favorite movie" instead? Christ on the crapper!