Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Forums Site Stuff (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The 2010 MoFo Fantasy Football Trading Block (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=23546)

TONGO 08-28-10 04:27 PM

The 2010 MoFo Fantasy Football Trading Block

Ok Dexter you know I want Caddy. Ill give you 2 RBs Justin Forsett & Maurice Morris. Open to counteroffer ;)

Yoda 08-28-10 04:30 PM

Re: The 2010 MoFo Fantasy Football Trading Block

D'oh, already posted this in the other thread. Worth putting here, too:

If anyone's looking to trade, I'd be willing to deal some of my crazy WR depth for a high risk/high reward back. I'm primarily thinking of Mike Wallace here, who should be at least decent as Pittsburgh's only deep threat, but has lots of upside. Looking for his RB equivalent, though I'm open to anything that helps me improve at RB.
Speaking of which, you've got a couple of RBs in that general range we might be able to discuss, TONGO. But I don't have any Bucs, or anyone named after a car, to offer. :D

TONGO 08-28-10 04:45 PM

Me and Dester Riley are in mid-haggle right now. Not even an hour after the draft and the wheelin and dealing begins :laugh:

Powdered Water 08-28-10 05:03 PM

Kee-Ray-Zee.

WBadger 08-28-10 05:06 PM

Donnie Avery, anyone?

I also have Laurence Maroney available for your fantasy pleasure.

Juno MacGuff 08-28-10 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by WBadger (Post 666920)
Donnie Avery, anyone?

I also have Laurence Maroney available for your fantasy pleasure.
Bueller..... Bueller....... Bueller......

TONGO 08-28-10 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Juno MacGuff (Post 666924)
Bueller..... Bueller....... Bueller......

LOL!

Ok Dexter Riley I counterproposed your counterproposal. Jerome Harrison for Cadillac Williams.

Yoda 08-28-10 05:20 PM

Wow. That's awfully generous, TONGO...make sure the Tampa Bay thing isn't clouding your judgment!

Powdered Water 08-28-10 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 666926)
Ok Dexter Riley I counterproposed your counterproposal. Jerome Harrison for Cadillac Williams.
I thought you promised you were going to mellow out a little this year? If Cadillac was so important, why didn't you draft him early?

Juno MacGuff 08-28-10 05:37 PM

Why the hell is Cadillac so important. He really isn't that good. On my team he would be my #4 RB.

Yoda 08-28-10 05:40 PM

He's got a lot of upside/talent, and he's still a clear starter, which is exceedingly rare. That said, he's still on a bad team, and who knows when Derrick Ward will decide to get his crap together and steal some time. And Williams is a significant injury risk.

By the by, TONGO's from Florida and is a Bucs fan, so that might have something to do with it. :D

Juno MacGuff 08-28-10 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 666942)
He's got a lot of upside/talent, and he's still a clear starter, which is exceedingly rare. That said, he's still on a bad team, and who knows when Derrick Ward will decide to get his crap together and steal some time. And Williams is a significant injury risk.

By the by, TONGO's from Florida and is a Bucs fan, so that might have something to do with it. :D
I understand home favorites. I wanted Flacco and missed out on him, but got the Ravens Defense and Boldin.

DexterRiley 08-28-10 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 666888)
Ok Dexter you know I want Caddy. Ill give you 2 RBs Justin Forsett & Maurice Morris. Open to counteroffer ;)
2 for 1 trades are tenuous. I dont really care to clear a roster spot for morris.

am mulling over your counter offer now though.

Fiscal 08-28-10 06:00 PM

Oooooh a Tampa fan huh? I'm a falcons fan, this should be fun.

DexterRiley 08-28-10 06:03 PM

this year i think I'll be a packers fan.

didn't draft a single Texan i just realized.

Juno MacGuff 08-28-10 06:03 PM

I am a big Ravens fan.

Yoda 08-28-10 06:21 PM

Well, just got an email from Yahoo, so it looks like it's official: Cadillac for Harrison.

Think you gave that one away a bit, Tongs; Harrison's ranked dozens of spots higher on every draft board I can find, and the gap is even bigger in a PPR league. But I guess we'll see.

TONGO 08-28-10 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Powdered Water (Post 666930)
I thought you promised you were going to mellow out a little this year? If Cadillac was so important, why didn't you draft him early?
Cadillac went in round 7 and I picked up Jerome in round 8. I know this is weird to hear after making a trade hours after the draft, but Im going to be MUUCH MUCH mellower than last year. :D

Trade #1 is on the board! Ive gotten Cadillac Williams, and Dexter Riley has Jerome Harrison!

I love it when a plan comes together :)

http://posterous.com/getfile/files.p...-team.jpeg.jpg

DexterRiley 08-28-10 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 666980)
Well, just got an email from Yahoo, so it looks like it's official: Cadillac for Harrison.

Think you gave that one away a bit, Tongs; Harrison's ranked dozens of spots higher on every draft board I can find, and the gap is even bigger in a PPR league. But I guess we'll see.
I'm ok either way.

the Rankings are a funny thing. Harrison simply had a few high profile games to end the season last year,(against tres weak opps) so he's fresh in everyones mind. After all, if he was all that and a bag of chips, Cleveland wouldnt have moved up in the draft to go after Hardesty.

On the other hand Caddy is the no doubt starter in the backfield for a team that, like cleveland will struggle on offense.

besides which I "get" the fun of cheering for a player on a team you legit like in the real world.

...now who drafted LT again...hmmmm

Yoda 08-28-10 06:49 PM

All true, though mitigated somewhat by the fact that Hardesty's hurt, and hadn't even practiced until something like two days ago. Harrison may have just come on strong last year, but he was really fantastic in those games, so the issue is likely to be playing time over performance.

With Williams, however, both are issues; he has a ton of trouble staying on the field, and even when he does he routinely averages less than 4.0 YPC. And while he's a clear #1 now, it looked like a clear time-share last year, so I don't know if I trust him to hang onto that role even if he can stay healthy and produce. To my mind, what we got from him last year represents pretty much the absolute best-case scenario, and it wasn't that great.

Both guys have their concerns, to be sure, but I'd take Harrison in a heartbeat. Especially in a PPR, where he could easily catch twice as many passes as Williams.