Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   General Movie Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Post All the Criterion Films You Own (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=62874)

Cobra 12-14-20 12:29 PM

Re: Post All the Criterion Films You Own

Chasing Amy

crumbsroom 12-14-20 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by ThatDarnMKS (Post 2151590)
https://www.blu-ray.com/community/co...n.php?u=455891

Here’s a link to my movie collection. It’s probably easier to sort by studio and look at the Criterions.

I’ve been hardcore collecting movies since I was 12 so... It’s unreasonable at this point
I don't see Merchant of Four Seasons. Entire collection negated.

Also...no Horror from Shochiku box set? Tsk tsk.

ThatDarnMKS 12-14-20 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by crumbsroom (Post 2152598)

I accept donations and will count this as you placing yourself in debt to the MKS Cinema Archive. I appreciate it.

Captain Terror 12-14-20 02:04 PM

I forgot this existed and now I'M annoyed. Thanks

Siddon 12-14-20 03:38 PM

That's Eclipse

Also I wouldn't buy any Fassbender's because you got to assume a box set is coming

Series 9: The Delirious Fictions of William Klein
Series 28: The Warped World of Koreyoshi Kurahara
Series 37: When Horror Came to Shochiku

sawduck 12-14-20 05:09 PM

Chasing Amy
Dr. Strangelove
Easy Rider
The Great Escape
It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
Kes
On the Waterfront
Rashomon
Rushmore
Seven Samurai
Straw Dogs
The Grand Budapest Hotel
The Thin Red Line
The Third Man

crumbsroom 12-15-20 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Siddon (Post 2152697)
That's Eclipse

These technicalities won't save MKS' soul.

ThatDarnMKS 12-15-20 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by crumbsroom (Post 2153154)
These technicalities won't save MKS' soul.
*plays Sarah Mclachlan*

For the low cost of a single eclipse set, you could donate to the MKS Cinema Archive and save the soul of one cinephile.

ThatDarnMKS 12-15-20 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Torgo (Post 2151769)
My favorite Criterion is one I don't own anymore: Silence of the Lambs. It has commentary tracks by Anthony Hopkins and a consulting FBI agent as well as disturbing yet interesting essays from actual serial killers. I foolishly got rid of it because it didn't look good on widescreen TVs. I'm sure it's worth a fortune now.
Actually, it got a Blu-ray upgrade and the long OOP dvd is now worth nothing! Cheers!

Torgo 12-15-20 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by ThatDarnMKS (Post 2153268)
Actually, it got a Blu-ray upgrade and the long OOP dvd is now worth nothing! Cheers!
Awesome, good to know. You won't get the hose again.

Allaby 02-03-21 12:44 AM

I have around 300 so instead of listing them individually, here is the link to my list:

https://letterboxd.com/steveallaby/l...on-collection/

ironpony 02-03-21 12:52 AM

Just M (1931), and The Battle of Algiers (1966) so far. Although I may get High and Low (1963).

BooBooKittyFock 02-03-21 12:55 AM

•Stalker by Andrei Tarkovsky

•Tokyo Story by Yasujiro Ozu

•8 1/2 by Ferico Fellini

•Hakakiri by Masaki Kobayashi

•Tree of Life by Terrence Malick

Persona was sold out 😓

Mesmerized 02-03-21 01:23 AM

The Blob (1958)

Corax 02-03-21 02:27 AM

Troll 2

Stirchley 02-03-21 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 2151562)
I've never understood the obsession with Criterion, so only have like a handful of them.
Me either. I mean, it’s a very classy website & all that, but I don’t feel the need to always shop there. In fact, I rarely do. Persona, for example, can be bought from Amazon.

SpelingError 02-03-21 02:36 PM

I don't shop at the Criterion website per se (I generally buy films off of Amazon), but I love buying Criterion discs. In addition to all the hard work they put into upgrading the video and audio, I also love the special features, interviews, and essays which come with the discs. They're truly a marvelous company.

Stirchley 02-03-21 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by SpelingError (Post 2174936)
I don't shop at the Criterion website per se (I generally buy films off of Amazon), but I love buying Criterion discs. In addition to all the hard work they put into upgrading the video and audio, I also love the special features, interviews, and essays which come with the discs. They're truly a marvelous company.
I don’t disagree. Over the years though I’m not so enamored of special features. So many of them are just fillers. I can cheerfully live without them at all.

There are exceptions of course. My dvd of The Passenger has commentary from Jack Nicholson & it’s priceless. At the end of the movie he hopes he didn’t bore anyone. As if he could.

SpelingError 02-03-21 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Stirchley (Post 2174941)
I don’t disagree. Over the years though I’m not so enamored of special features. So many of them are just fillers. I can cheerfully live without them at all.

There are exceptions of course. My dvd of The Passenger has commentary from Jack Nicholson & it’s priceless. At the end of the movie he hopes he didn’t bore anyone. As if he could.
I don't care much for special features as well. However, Criterion is the only dvd company I'm familiar with that has quality special features I enjoy checking out.

Whammy 02-06-21 11:30 AM

The Silence of the Lambs
Robocop
Armageddon
Chasing Amy
The Blob
The Rock
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Pan's Labyrinth
The Breakfast Club