Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Games and Tabs (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Name the Horror Movie Quiz (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=48993)

spookiemoviemania 04-08-17 07:04 PM

Name the Horror Movie Quiz

Another movie quiz MoFos. From a short synopsis you have to name a horror (supernatural or psycho thriller) film and at least one main character.

I will kick things off with a simple one.
A 1958 film. A young man travels from England on business and meets evils beyond his imagination.

Citizen Rules 04-08-17 10:50 PM

Re: Name the Horror Quiz

A wild guess The Horror of Dracula?

spookiemoviemania 04-08-17 11:09 PM

Correct. Can you name the two main actors? Thanks anyway for getting the ball rolling here is it Citizen or CR? :D

Citizen Rules 04-08-17 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by spookiemoviemania (Post 1684756)
Correct. Can you name the two main actors? Thanks anyway for getting the ball rolling here is it Citizen or CR? :D
I can't name the actors, but I wouldn't be surprised if one was Christoper Lee, maybe also Boris Karloff.

Citizen or CR is fine. I'll check the thread tomorrow. Have a good night:)

BoxOfficePoison 04-08-17 11:16 PM

Peter Cushing goes with Christopher Lee like Boris Karloff goes with Bela Lugosi (albeit to Bela's dismay).

spookiemoviemania 04-08-17 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by BoxOfficePoison (Post 1684760)
Peter Cushing goes with Christopher Lee like Boris Karloff goes with Bela Lugosi (albeit to Bela's dismay).
Precisely. It was Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing. The first of many i the Hammer Films Dracula series. Can you name the second film?

Have a post. What do I call you bop or BOP?

Joel 04-08-17 11:39 PM

A film from 1985. A high school student has a creature of the dark living next door to him and cannot convince anyone of the horrible truth.

BoxOfficePoison 04-08-17 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by spookiemoviemania (Post 1684762)
Precisely. It was Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing. The first of many i the Hammer Films Dracula series. Can you name the second film?

Have a post. What do I call you bop or BOP?
Without cheating and looking it up, I couldn't tell you the name, but isn't that the one Christopher Lee wasn't in? (It featured Dracula's daughter, or something?)

I usually seem to go by BOP, but now that I think about it, Poison seems apt as well. ;D

BoxOfficePoison 04-08-17 11:45 PM

And is it Mr. Mania, or may I call you Spookie?

BoxOfficePoison 04-08-17 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Joel (Post 1684764)
A film from 1985. A high school student has a creature of the dark living next door to him and cannot convince anyone of the horrible truth.
No offense to Mr. Lee, but "Fright Night" is probably my favorite vampire movie.

BoxOfficePoison 04-08-17 11:47 PM

The party's starting now. (My wife's idea -- she's so amusing!)

Where are we?

Joel 04-08-17 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by BoxOfficePoison (Post 1684770)
No offense to Mr. Lee, but "Fright Night" is probably my favorite vampire movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMnT4tp-cMk

spookiemoviemania 04-09-17 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by BoxOfficePoison (Post 1684769)
And is it Mr. Mania, or may I call you Spookie?
I am good with both..take your pick.

BoxOfficePoison 04-09-17 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by BoxOfficePoison (Post 1684771)
The party's starting now. (My wife's idea -- she's so amusing!)

Where are we?
HINT: The location is also the title.

spookiemoviemania 04-09-17 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by BoxOfficePoison (Post 1684770)
Poison it is. Brides of Dracula. Correct Lee was not in it. We are obviously from different eras. Give me the Hammer classics every day of the week over some of the later copies.

BoxOfficePoison 04-09-17 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by spookiemoviemania (Post 1684776)
Poison it is. We are obviously from different eras. Give me the Hammer classics every day of the week over some of the later copies.
I hear you, but I have an irresistible soft spot for "Fright Night". I was in high school myself when I first saw it, so I related to the hero right off. Enjoyed the humor. Probably my favorite Chris Sarandon performance (NOT on a par with Chris Lee, granted) as a vampire who takes such heartwarming delight in death and mayhem. Above all, though, would have to be Roddy McDowall's performance -- greatest ever, from an already great actor.

None of which takes anything away from the Hammer lot, of course.

spookiemoviemania 04-09-17 12:14 AM

Re: Name the Horror Movie Quiz

I will say it is the best American adaptation alonside Frank Langella's Dracula interpretation. Do not remember the title just now.

spookiemoviemania 04-09-17 12:18 AM

Meanwhile I am rather in the dark over Joel's question.

BoxOfficePoison 04-09-17 12:19 AM

Langella's was just called "Dracula". Elegant, serviceable enough movie, in my opinion, and Langella was certainly debonair, if not the most frightening.

BoxOfficePoison 04-09-17 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by spookiemoviemania (Post 1684782)
Meanwhile I am rather in the dark over Joel's question.
If you mean my party question, another hint would be 1959.