Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Intermission: Miscellaneous Chat (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Most movies watched in a single day? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=26854)

Kitsch 09-26-11 01:10 AM

Most movies watched in a single day?

The title pretty much says it all. How many movies did you watch on your most prolific day? Until about a month ago my record had remained at 7 for sometime. However, I managed to watch a bunch of old, shorter films (most around 70 minutes - stuff like The Most Dangerous Game and The Old Dark House) in about a 20 hour period for a One Day Grand Total of 14! I don't expect anybody to believe I actually watched that many movies in a single day - I don't think I'd believe it, either, had I not actually done it.

So, what's your record?

honeykid 09-26-11 02:58 AM

Re: Most movies watched in a single day?

I'm pretty sure mine's five. I've done it a few times, including once at the cinema. They showed Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Natural Born Killers, True Romance and Jackie Brown one after the other. Ran till 6am.

nebbit 09-26-11 03:07 AM

5 :yup:

mark f 09-26-11 04:11 AM

I don't recall although I do remember the most I watched in a year since they were numbered and it's easier to look at the ending of a list than to count up the ones somewhere in the middle of a list. My annual high is 1,763, and I was going to college full-time and there was no such thing as cable or personal copies of movies at the time. Yes, I graduated in four years.

Nausicaä 09-26-11 07:18 AM

5 - this was during a stage of grief though, I spent a whole week or two just sitting and watching films all day while my parents sorted out important things after my Grandpa had died.

Outside of that, usually 2 is my max.

sreenathpktr 09-26-11 10:11 AM

3 maximum...

mastermetal777 09-26-11 10:16 AM

I'd say about 4, but that was when I had nothing better to do. Now I'm lucky if I can get past 2 movies without getting distracted by something else.

honeykid 09-26-11 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by mark f (Post 767650)
I don't recall although I do remember the most I watched in a year since they were numbered and it's easier to look at the ending of a list than to count up the ones somewhere in the middle of a list. My annual high is 1,763, and I was going to college full-time and there was no such thing as cable or personal copies of movies at the time. Yes, I graduated in four years.
That is a mentally high number of films, mark. You're one of the (very) few people I'd believe seeing that many. Not only that, but I didn't doubt it for a second. :)

Kitsch 09-26-11 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by honeykid (Post 767763)
That is a mentally high number of films, mark. You're one of the (very) few people I'd believe seeing that many. Not only that, but I didn't doubt it for a second. :)
I could believe his number. I find five movies a day to be a manageable figure.

will.15 09-26-11 04:45 PM

I dunno. I've done five easy, but not lately.

Dog Star Man 09-26-11 05:25 PM

When I received my Edison films, I watched the entire collection the next day. That was a total of 10 hours but I believe over 200+ films. So I'll say 200+.

Deadite 09-26-11 06:33 PM

I don't know. A lot.

gandalf26 09-27-11 06:39 PM

Movies probably no more than 3-4 in one day.

Tried to watch Lord of the Rings Extended(10.5 ish hours) but failed miserably.

However a couple of times I have watched a full box set of 24 over my 2 days off. Like 8 hours per day over both days.

Brodinski 09-27-11 07:02 PM

I think it was 3: the extended editions of LOTR, watched with some friends last year. It was fun, but I'm not going to do it again. I can't sit still for long periods of time, so by the end of it, I really wanted it to end.

I can't imagine watching 5 films in one day, let alone 14. 1,763 films in one year beggars belief, Mark. My annual high stands at 351 and that was when I spent over half a year in Sheffield, doing nothing but partying during the night, sleeping and watching films during the day (and the odd class). 1,763. Jesus. I don't think I watch that many in 5 years.

mark f 09-27-11 07:07 PM

Besides going to college full-time and watching movies there, my neighbors needed a babysitter to watch their kids from about 11PM to 4AM several nights a week. Needless to say, I watched lots of old movies in the middle of the night and didn't sleep very much that calendar year.

Kitsch 09-27-11 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Brodinski (Post 768056)

I can't imagine watching 5 films in one day, let alone 14.
I wanted it to end, too. Here's how it went:

1. The Social Network. A+. 120 Minutes
2. I Spit On Your Grave. B+. 101 Minutes
3. XXY. B+. 86 Minutes
4. The New Daughter. B. 108 Minutes
5. The Old Dark House. B-. 72 Minutes
6. The Most Dangerous Game. A-. 63 Minutes
7. The Amazing Transparent Man. B-. 57 Minutes
8. Rumble Fish. B. 94 Minutes
9. A Bucket of Blood. A. 66 Minutes
10. Dracula. A. 75 Minutes
11. Death Race 2000. B+. 80 Minutes
12. Hard Rain. B. 97 Minutes
13. Shoot 'Em Up. B. 86 Minutes
14. Fritt Vilt (Cold Prey). B+. 97 Minutes

Total: 14 Movies and 1202 Minutes/20 Hours

MovieMan8877445 09-27-11 10:42 PM

I'm pretty sure mine's 6, but this is when I discovered Netflix for the first time and went a bit crazy that first week. I'm sure I got over about 25 before the week was over.

gursikh11 10-27-11 06:20 AM

4 in a day.

dojo 10-28-11 05:22 AM

I don't think more than 3 or 4. But I am usually watching TV series and can watch an entire season sometimes. But I really need to be bored out of my minds and maybe sick in bed, so that I don't work on my computer ...

Warren'sShampoo 10-29-11 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Kitsch (Post 767617)
The title pretty much says it all. How many movies did you watch on your most prolific day? Until about a month ago my record had remained at 7 for sometime. However, I managed to watch a bunch of old, shorter films (most around 70 minutes - stuff like The Most Dangerous Game and The Old Dark House) in about a 20 hour period for a One Day Grand Total of 14! I don't expect anybody to believe I actually watched that many movies in a single day - I don't think I'd believe it, either, had I not actually done it.

So, what's your record?
Although your total is impressive, watching movies of B-movie length constitutes a significant qualifier. My one-day high is ten, all feature-length.