Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Ongoing Tournaments & Brackets (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Survivor: Superheroes vs Supervillains gameplay and challenge thread (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=36589)

donniedarko 08-13-14 12:45 AM

Re: Survivor: Superheroes vs Supervillains gameplay and challenge thr

Godoggo 08-13-14 12:47 AM

Donnie is correct for 5 player points.

More questions later. :)

TONGO 08-13-14 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Godoggo (Post 1146378)
For 5 player points: What year did the comic book The Phantom debut?
The Phantom comic book debuted in 1957 with Harvey Comics. The newspaper strip has been around since the late 30's

Godoggo 08-13-14 01:21 AM

I'll give you both 5 points. I shouldn't have included the word book.

Godoggo 08-13-14 01:24 AM

From the last challenge put the correct order of the superpowers that Swan listed.

Teleportation
Flame throwing
Invisibility
Super strength
Flying

(One survivor got all 5 correct)

rauldc14 08-13-14 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by Godoggo (Post 1146391)
From the last challenge put the correct order of the superpowers that Swan listed.

4.Teleportation
2.Flame throwing
1.Invisibility
5.Super strength
3.Flying

(One survivor got all 5 correct)
That's a complete guess as I'm on my phone.

Godoggo 08-13-14 02:31 AM

Incorrect. Here is a clue: none of those are in the correct order.

TONGO 08-13-14 08:07 AM

1. Flying
2. Teleportation
3. Super strength
4. Invisibility
5. Flame throwing

rauldc14 08-13-14 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by rauldc14 (Post 1146401)
That's a complete guess as I'm on my phone.
Really?!? So all three times I did this it seems they weren't and I changed it every time :laugh:

Godoggo 08-13-14 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 1146486)
1. Flying
2. Teleportation
3. Super strength
4. Invisibility
5. Flame throwing
Incorrect but one of them is in the right place.

I will have your new challenge in just a moment.

TONGO 08-13-14 08:23 PM

1. Flying
2. Super strength
3. Teleportation
4. Flame throwing
5. Invisibility

TONGO 08-13-14 08:28 PM

If theres a merge here eventually, and if it ever comes down to individual challenges, how about a reward challenge? Perhaps an immunity challenge with a reward attached. The reward would be a superpower, but you could only win a reward superpower once. Just an idea.

rauldc14 08-13-14 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 1146749)
If theres a merge here eventually, and if it ever comes down to individual challenges, how about a reward challenge? Perhaps an immunity challenge with a reward attached. The reward would be a superpower, but you could only win a reward superpower once. Just an idea.
Like the idea :up:

Godoggo 08-13-14 08:59 PM

Two of the last attempts were correct. Think odd.

Godoggo 08-13-14 09:05 PM

Tribal Challenge

Remember the Match Game? Or if you watch Rupaul's Drag Race The Snatch
Game. That's what we are playing now. Complete the following with a word or a phrase.

Batman and Supergirl were the strangest couple on the dance floor. Everyone else was dancing cheek to cheek, but they were dancing ______ to ______."

Milton said, "I will never again take another cruise on a banana boat. Two days out I discovered the entire crew was ______."

Weird Sylvester was thrown out of the department store when they caught him ______ing the mannequins.

It looked like Scary Larry was growing a second head, but upon closer inspection it was only a __________.

I'm not going to that restaurant any more. The last time the waitress there asked me if I wanted ___________________ before my meal.

“Harriet was at work one day. She looked up from her desk and said `I am so hungry, I could eat my ________.'”

Kenny the bartender is so dumb, (how dumb is he?), the last time he used an ATM instead of using his bank card, he inserted his ____________.

Golden ________

The Police Commissioner said, "I think Batman and Robin are ________"

Question At Sir Irving's knighting, the queen slipped with her sword, so instead of being knighted, Sir Irving was ______ed.

Keep in mind that these have to be pg-13.

Scoring will be as follows: Anyone matching Swan (who has already answered) will receive 5 points. In the event that no one matches Swan's answers, 3 points will be awarded to the funniest answer, 2 to the next, 1 to the third funniest answer.

rauldc14 08-13-14 09:10 PM

I'm sorry to say I may not be able to complete this until tomorrow night. Hopefully that's OK and sorry if its a hold up.

rauldc14 08-13-14 09:15 PM

Great challenge by the way. Love Match game

Godoggo 08-13-14 09:16 PM

Idol clue

Dwight, Kramer and Bart have a couple of things in common. You need to look in the opposite of one of those.

Godoggo 08-13-14 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by rauldc14 (Post 1146780)
I'm sorry to say I may not be able to complete this until tomorrow night. Hopefully that's OK and sorry if its a hold up.
Your tribe has one extra so I'll just take the first five I get in.

7thson 08-13-14 09:19 PM

I started answering before I saw the pg13 part....redo time ;)