Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Forums Site Stuff (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   MoFo Fantasy Football 2021 - The Season (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=64733)

Yoda 09-03-21 04:50 PM

MoFo Fantasy Football 2021 - The Season

For in-season talk now that we're post-draft.

And random NFL stuff of course. Like this:

https://twitter.com/nflthrowback/sta...29618411139073

Wyldesyde19 09-04-21 03:49 PM

Is it Thursday yet?

Holden Pike 09-05-21 08:58 AM

Re: MoFo Fantasy Football 2021 - The Season

In both of my leagues my opening game's opponent has Russell Wilson as their QB.

jiraffejustin 09-05-21 10:30 AM

The thing that I absolutely LOVE (emphasized the sarcasm there) about being in two leagues is when you play against somebody in one league who starts the same people you start in the other. Playing against Rodgers in this league and starting him in my work league. Starting Derrick Henry in this league and playing against him in my work league.

Yoda 09-05-21 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by jiraffejustin (Post 2236037)
The thing that I absolutely LOVE (emphasized the sarcasm there) about being in two leagues is when you play against somebody in one league who starts the same people you start in the other. Playing against Rodgers in this league and starting him in my work league. Starting Derrick Henry in this league and playing against him in my work league.
This is ultimately why I stopped playing in several leagues at once. The crisscrossing interests thing just got to be too silly.

Wyldesyde19 09-05-21 01:46 PM

Yep. Starting Ekeler in my other league while Tongo has Ekeler lined up against me.
Weeeeee!

Wyldesyde19 09-06-21 03:45 PM

I don’t remember if this was asked and answered previously, and I didn’t see anything in the sign ups thread but, with 12 teams, is the playoffs still set for 6 teams or is that being lowered?

I’m fine with 6, to be honest.

Yoda 09-06-21 06:46 PM

Yeah that came up before, I replied. I said it was the same by default, but I was fine either way and asked people if they cared much and I don't think anyone said anything. So it's the same, even if it feels slightly silly to have half the league make it. Offset a little by the fact that there's still byes, though (and four would make feel like a bit too few).

Wyldesyde19 09-06-21 06:51 PM

Must have missed it, sorry.
We could do 5, with the top team receiving a bye. This wouldn’t be as bad as 6 teams getting in, and makes that first round bye all the more desired.

Yoda 09-06-21 06:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Would be fine with me, but Yahoo doesn't have that as an option. Here's what it looks like by default:

Wyldesyde19 09-06-21 06:55 PM

Laaaaaaame options.
6 it is.

TONGO 09-07-21 07:11 PM

Well after having my heart broken coming so close this Fantasy Baseball season, I get a jolt of hope for my Fantasy Football one...

Bucs head coach Bruce Arians said WR Antonio Brown is "playing at a speed I saw four or five years ago." Brown, Arians added, is "the healthiest he's been in years" headed into the regular season. Brown, 33, has struggled through a variety of injuries in recent years, and had knee surgery this offseason. The legally troubled wideout has reportedly dominated in training camp and joint practices this summer. ESPN's Jenna Laine predicted Brown -- after a full offseason with Tom Brady and the Bucs -- will lead Tampa in receiving yards this year. The Athletic's Greg Auman said last month that Brown “looks a step faster in training camp” than he did in the last half of the 2020 season. He should be locked into 12-team league lineups for the Bucs' season opener against Dallas.

Wyldesyde19 09-07-21 08:05 PM

He can totally lead the league in yards…but for our game, I hope he nets a big fat zero
😎

Wyldesyde19 09-09-21 02:15 PM

Alright! It’s finally here! The first game of football!
I fully expect Tongo to jump out to an early lead tonight, considering he has 3 players rostered for tonight's game.
Both of us have our QB’s in, so I’m hoping Brady out duels Prescot.
Also, I’m hoping Brady avoids Brown tonight when it comes to the end zone.
Can’t have his TD negated by Browns 😎

TONGO 09-09-21 02:36 PM

I might have 4 going tonight. Ekeler has a hammy issue so I may play Fournette. I dont know.

Wyldesyde19 09-09-21 02:58 PM

Yeah, I have Ekeler in my other league. Monitoring it right now. I may roll the dice on him and keep him in.
Don’t think I would risk that in this league though. I aim to make the playoffs and improve upon last years dismal finish.

Wyldesyde19 09-09-21 05:53 PM

At some point, Hunt is going to be starting for a different team. He’s way too good to function as a RB2 for the Browns.
I wonder where he might be a good fit for a team in need of his skills?

Holden Pike 09-09-21 07:04 PM

The Ravens are just snakebit this year. Like San Francisco last year.

Wyldesyde19 09-09-21 07:06 PM

Just coming to post this as well. Gus Edwards apparently suffered a “significant” knee injury

Beantown hit with serious injuries before the season even begins.

Holden Pike 09-10-21 09:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 2236836)
Well after having my heart broken coming so close this Fantasy Baseball season, I get a jolt of hope for my Fantasy Football one...

Bucs head coach Bruce Arians said WR Antonio Brown is "playing at a speed I saw four or five years ago." Brown, Arians added, is "the healthiest he's been in years" headed into the regular season. Brown, 33, has struggled through a variety of injuries in recent years, and had knee surgery this offseason. The legally troubled wideout has reportedly dominated in training camp and joint practices this summer. ESPN's Jenna Laine predicted Brown -- after a full offseason with Tom Brady and the Bucs -- will lead Tampa in receiving yards this year. The Athletic's Greg Auman said last month that Brown “looks a step faster in training camp” than he did in the last half of the 2020 season. He should be locked into 12-team league lineups for the Bucs' season opener against Dallas.
Yeah, you could not have had a much better opening night.

TONGO 09-10-21 09:25 AM

It was a good one, but i didnt play Gronk, it couldve been 25 points more if I had. Definitely looking like ill be going with 2 tight ends going forward this year. Yay :)

Sedai 09-10-21 10:49 AM

Glad my RB2 didn't get a goose egg last night. Oh wait, he got NEGATIVE POINTS.

Ahem...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Wyldesyde19 09-10-21 01:31 PM

I knew I’d be trailing at the end of the first game, with Tongo having 3 players scheduled and all, but 87 points?!

I still have 8 players to his 6 for the remaining games, but I already face an uphill battle being down 52 points. And he still has Kelce, who’s always a threat for 20 points.

Hey Fredrick 09-11-21 11:32 PM

I love waking up Friday morning, seeing all the points scored on Thursday night and thinking sweet! Got me some points! only to find out the guy you started is the only big time player who sucked Thursday night.

Wyldesyde19 09-12-21 12:11 AM

At least your opponent didn’t drop 87 points with only 3 (!) players on the FIRST night…..😒

Wyldesyde19 09-12-21 03:07 PM

Fitzpatrick heads to the locker room after a crushing sack.

Powdered Water 09-12-21 04:52 PM

I'm glad he's out. It seemingly activated 2 of my players after he left.

Wyldesyde19 09-12-21 07:54 PM

Totally didn’t see Jameis “30 interceptions” Winston outplaying Rodgers.
Good game Tongo, you drafted really well, and though it is just 1 game, it looks legit.

See you in week 12.

Powdered Water 09-12-21 09:58 PM

I'm a big fan of sitting on the sidelines and interpreting body language. Aaron Rodgers looked like A guy who didn't want to be there. And why is that? Did he not say he didn't want to play for the packers? When did he supposedly change his mind? I'd be pretty bummed if I was a packers fan. What a mess.

Hey Fredrick 09-13-21 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Powdered Water (Post 2238213)
I'm a big fan of sitting on the sidelines and interpreting body language. Aaron Rodgers looked like A guy who didn't want to be there. And why is that? Did he not say he didn't want to play for the packers? When did he supposedly change his mind? I'd be pretty bummed if I was a packers fan. What a mess.

Probably because they were down 38-3 and he got benched. If he didn't want to play for the Packers he didn't have to.

Holden Pike 09-13-21 10:26 AM

I expect Aaron Rogers will wake up next week versus the Lions. Since I have Davante Adams I certainly hope so!

Even if I had played Deebo Samuel instead of Raheem Mostert (and I flipped those two in and out of my lineup for the past two weeks) and not left Deebo's 27.40 points on the bench, I was still probably gonna lose this week. If Josh Jacobs is a gametime scratch tonight for PW, and apparently he has a non-COVID illness that is making that a possibility, Lamar Jackson would have to put up 45 points for me to eek out the win. Possible. Unlikely.

Oh, well. At least I didn't have any season-ending injuries this week. Jerry Jeudy's looked more serious but is only a high ankle sprain that should have him back in a month or so. Mostert...who knows? I have enough depth to cover them being out for a spell. And Ryan Fitzpatrick is only my back up QB so as long as he is healthy to go against Denver in Week Eight (Halloween!) when Lamar has a BYE I am good.

For now.

Sedai 09-13-21 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Powdered Water (Post 2238213)
As everyone knows, I am a Pats fan first. Alas, I am also a Packers fan, and this weekend's game was painful to behold. The Pats also lost, but they are running a rookie QB, and that was a damned good game. The Pack? What a mess, indeed...

Holden Pike 09-13-21 10:50 AM

I did win in my other league. And it was slightly ironic.

I don't know if we discussed it here before the season started, but Yahoo added a new scoring option for kickers. In my league it was hotly debated. Yahoo made it possible to give kickers the same sort of per-yard scoring as say a wide receiver, earning 0.10 points for every yard. This means if a 50-yard FG is hit you get the 3 points PLUS another 5. Eight points seems nuts to me. We previously had it set up like this league where any FG up to 39-yards is 3 points, 40-49 is four points, and 50+ is 5. To me that was fair and more than enough. I argued against the yardage. It takes a chip shot 23-yarder and turns it into 5.3 points, which I think is ridiculous. But I lost that fight. So we are trying it this year. We took the other governor off so you don't get 5-points for a 50+ yarder AND the yardage on top of it, which would have led to long kicks being worth much more than most TDs. But even so.

In Week One I played one of the guys who was rabidly in favor of adding these yardage points to the Field Goals. Before the Sunday Night game started all of his players were done and I had one remaining: Matt Gay, the Rams' kicker. He had a six-point lead. Six points out of a kicker in our league is not a lot to ask for but under the new scoring it is a laughable breeze. When Gay hit his 53-yarder in the second quarter, equaling 8.3 points (which I still say is frickin' ridiculous), that put me ahead for good. Gay finished with 17.50 points for me. Versus the 12 points he earned in this league. We have already had three kickers score over 20-points this first week and Justin Tucker is kicking in a dome tonight.

Anyway, I sarcastically thanked him for fighting so hard for the additional points.

Yoda 09-13-21 11:06 AM

Yeah, that's pretty dumb.

There are some kicker tweaks that are interesting, like losing points for a miss. I kinda like that. But the yardage bonus seems nutty. If it's going to exist it should be instead of the default three, as well.

Holden Pike 09-13-21 12:03 PM

Yeah, I argued for that, to have just the yardage but take away the 3 for the kick itself. They balked.

In my league we have always had it that your kicker gets a -2 if they miss any FG under 20 yards (not counting blocks) and -1 for misses up to 39. No penalty for missing long kicks, of course. Nor PATs.

That seemed fair to me. But they wanted to tinker, so here we are. I hope this experiment only lasts us this season.

Yoda 09-13-21 12:19 PM

I've been saying for a decade I'd be okay with us scrapping kickers entirely, but a few people always wanna keep 'em.

Wyldesyde19 09-13-21 03:28 PM

Count me as one who enjoys having a kicker.
Although my kicker last night didn’t do so well

Wyldesyde19 09-13-21 03:35 PM

Also, shout out to my bench who performed very well.

Smith and Jones Jr should produce similar numbers throughout the year, and probably will rotate into that flex position here and there along with Higgins.

Gordon did well, though most of his yardage came from ripping off a 70 yd TD run. I’m hoping he can continue to fight off Williams and get the bulk of the touches next week against Jax.

Hoping to bounce back from this week, which was disappointing, but not a lot you can do when your opponent scores over 160 points

Powdered Water 09-13-21 03:42 PM

A field goal being worth 8 points is just silly. I'm glad you won your game because of it tho. That's actually very funny.

Wyldesyde19 09-13-21 10:59 PM

Censored Clowns vs WhentheLeveonBreaks is the best matchup this week.
Both look legit as well

Holden Pike 09-14-21 08:26 AM

Drafted ninth and am starting in tenth place. Yup, that feels about right.

Sedai 09-14-21 09:36 AM

Grats the The Empire for a well-played match. It all came down to me playing Jones II instead of Hines, which made all the difference.

Holden Pike 09-14-21 09:43 AM

A player finishing in the negatives is always a killer. Ugh.

Sedai 09-14-21 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Holden Pike (Post 2238499)
A player finishing in the negatives is always a killer. Ugh.
Especially since it was the Thurs night game, which sent me into the weekend feeling like I already lost. Turns out I was right! ;)

Holden Pike 09-14-21 10:57 AM

The guy in my other league who started Jones actually wound up with the highest score for the week. Because he also has Kyler Murray, Tyreek Hill, Corey Davis, Adam Thielen, and Travis Kelce, all of whom had monster games. And he had frickin' Gronk on his bench.

He is gonna be tough to beat.

TONGO 09-15-21 10:59 AM

Yay! I nabbed Eli Mitchell who I hope will remain the starting RB for San Fran going forward. He had a fantastic game week 1. Definitely needed running depth, actually thats always needed.

Even though Sterling Shephard did great and OBJ might return I think Ill still put Grok in my swing slot. Brady pushed to get Gronk and Antonio Brown so Ill play both and hope they are steady contributors.

Them Cowboys, they did pretty good against the Super Bowl champs thursday. Could be some surprises this season.

Yoda 09-15-21 11:01 AM

Awful first week, but whatchagonnado. I make a lot of hay out of not overreacting and I ain't startin' now.

Wyldesyde19 09-15-21 12:03 PM

Yeah, it’s just one game. WhenTheLeveonBreaks lost his first 3 games last year and proceeded to finish 9-1 the rest of the way to make the playoffs.
Still a lot of games to play.

Sedai 09-15-21 12:05 PM

Y'all cheatin!

Captain Spaulding 09-16-21 06:19 AM

Third highest-scoring team last week. Too bad I faced the second highest-scoring team. Considering how strong WhentheLe'VeonBreaks looks at the moment, maybe we'd all be better off auto-drafting.

I invested heavily in Tennessee's offense across all three of my leagues. (Tannehill/Brown in our league; Henry in a standard-scoring money league; Tannehill/Henry in a long-running league with old college acquaintances.) Currently worried that I might've severely underrated the impact of the Titans losing their OC. The appeal of Tannehill was how efficient and "safe" he's been the past two seasons, but last Sunday he looked like Dolphins-era Tannehill with 3 turnovers on the day. Hopefully the poor team performance was a combination of lost practice time from their COVID outbreak a few weeks ago and the Cardinals being much better defensively than people expected this season.

Tannehill aside, I'm pleased with how my team performed -- Hockenson, especially, as I felt strongly that he was in store for a huge season as Detroit's primary pass-catcher. RBs were my concern after the draft, but so far so good; although I'm worried that Harris's late fumble will affect his usage going forward.

Trey Sermon was supposed to be my potential lottery pick as San Fran's #2 RB, but Shanahan shenanigans have already doused cold water on those hopes. To add to the frustration, I was watching ESPN's fantasy show Sunday morning when news broke of Sermon's surprising inactive status, and Adam Schefter started hyping up Elijah Mitchell. I nearly added Mitchell afterwards, but couldn't decide who to drop for him. Then Mostert goes down for the season two carries into the game, and now Mitchell is everyone's waiver priority. I'm skeptical that Mitchell will remain the guy every week going forward because of Shanahan's unpredictability, but if Mitchell turns into this year's James Robinson (or even this year's Mike Davis), I'm going to be kicking myself all season long for my hesitancy to add him when I had the chance.

Captain Spaulding 09-16-21 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Holden Pike (Post 2238295)
Oh, well. At least I didn't have any season-ending injuries this week. Jerry Jeudy's looked more serious but is only a high ankle sprain that should have him back in a month or so. Mostert...who knows? I have enough depth to cover them being out for a spell. And Ryan Fitzpatrick is only my back up QB so as long as he is healthy to go against Denver in Week Eight (Halloween!) when Lamar has a BYE I am good.
Everyone you draft in future seasons is automatically going on my Do Not Draft list when prepping for my other leagues. All those injuries you dealt with last year, and now three more in just week one . . . the Holden Pike curse is real!!! :eek:

Yoda 09-16-21 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Captain Spaulding (Post 2238944)
I invested heavily in Tennessee's offense across all three of my leagues.
This actually worried me, as I've noticed in the past you've done pretty well picking a team, more than a player. I was okay with it since I nabbed Julio but he's off to a slow start (one game, whatever, but still). I used to do something similar with baseball, I remember one year I went in really hard on Houston pitchers and they all overperformed.

But I guess it does come with its risks, too. Still early, though.

and the Cardinals being much better defensively than people expected this season.
This is always the big thing, every year: who won or lost because they're not what we thought? Maybe such-and-such's offense isn't that good, or maybe we had no idea how good the defense they were playing is. We won't know for a few weeks. I do think the latter happens a lot, though. I think surprisingly good defenses pop up out of nowhere more often than the inverse.

I'm going to be kicking myself all season long for my hesitancy to add him when I had the chance.
I can relate to this feeling, but really, it's unavoidable, yeah? This is the downside of tryharding, of being aware of every sleeper: no matter who busts out, you can specifically recall considering going for them. You'll inevitably "touch" every breakout, either by rostering them for a bit or having them on a short list for a pickup, or whatever. It can be maddening, but it seems worse than it is the more engaged you are.

TONGO 09-19-21 08:44 PM

Aw jeez, i got my ass whipped. :facepalm: And I thought this season was gonna be Tongo Camelot.

rauldc14 09-19-21 09:15 PM

Must have played vs. King Henry. I managed to lose with him on my team which seems insane.

Wyldesyde19 09-19-21 09:36 PM

Ouch. Yoda must be pulling his hair out after watching Williams fumble away that TD.

Wyldesyde19 09-19-21 11:38 PM

Justin had the worst draft grade and is looking at starting 2-0. Mahomes and Henry will do that for you.

Yoda 09-19-21 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Wyldesyde19 (Post 2239638)
Ouch. Yoda must be pulling his hair out after watching Williams fumble away that TD.
I wasn't watching, was doing an esports cast and simultaneously sweating out a fantasy baseball semifinal in a money league. I was gonna lose anyway.

I'll have to check and see if I've ever been 0-2 before. I wanna say maybe once.

jiraffejustin 09-19-21 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Wyldesyde19 (Post 2239660)
Justin had the worst draft grade and is looking at starting 2-0. Mahomes and Henry will do that for you.
I'm in a close one that could still go either way right now. I was up but then Mahomes threw that bad pick. Now I'm down less than a point. I am being completely carried by those two dudes this week.

Wyldesyde19 09-20-21 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 2239663)
I wasn't watching, was doing an esports cast and simultaneously sweating out a fantasy baseball semifinal in a money league. I was gonna lose anyway.

I'll have to check and see if I've ever been 0-2 before. I wanna say maybe once.
Just looked. 2013 (finished 6-7)
Interestingly enough, you’ve had only 3 losing seasons in this league. 2012,2013 and 2019.

Wyldesyde19 09-20-21 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by jiraffejustin (Post 2239665)
I'm in a close one that could still go either way right now. I was up but then Mahomes threw that bad pick. Now I'm down less than a point. I am being completely carried by those two dudes this week.
It is so friggin close. Really good matchup.

jiraffejustin 09-20-21 12:18 AM

Crazy way for me to seal it. I'll take it any way I can get it.

Holden Pike 09-20-21 01:26 PM

If Aaron Rogers and Davante Adams have a massive second week explosion to correct that opening debacle I still have a slight chance of eeking out a win. Adams will need just under 31 points in MNF to make that happen. In my full PPR league that is a little easier but it is still possible here. Cooper Kupp got 32.30 yesterday and Davante is certainly more than capable. The biggest hurdle likely isn't Rogers targeting him and breaking some big plays but rather the game script. If Detroit can't keep the score close there will be a limited window before it goes into run out the clock mode with the biggest stars safely on the bench for most of the second half.

I'm looking at 0-2 and hoping to at least break a hundred damn points this week. I can absorb Jarvis Landry joining Jerry Jeudy and Curtis Samuel on my IR for a while but I am already maxed out and I'm only treading water without much real chance of winning week-to-week.

Alas.

Sedai 09-20-21 01:28 PM

Another rough week for LKA. Alvin looking like a waiver guy as far as points this week. A few more underperformers sealed my 0-2 fate...

Wyldesyde19 09-21-21 01:49 PM

Definitely benefited from great matchups this past weekend, as I expected. Feeling even better about my receivers every passing week. There is some concern over RB depth, if Jones or Carson goes down for any time. But I suspected that after the draft. *
Need to keep this win streak going, but my matches are going to be tough in the next few weeks.

TONGO 09-21-21 04:02 PM

Russells Last Stand? Someone took a cue from my FBB team name lol!

Holden Pike 09-21-21 04:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)

I have not had any catastrophic, season-ending injuries yet, but I am nicked up and the stars I do have are not yet producing at their top levels. Lamar had a nice game in finally beating Kansas City, but it would have been even better without the two interceptions. I started three Wide Receivers, two Running Backs, and a Tight End in Week Two and not a one of them managed to get a touchdown. Davante Adams and Deebo Samuel both had strong games with 14 receptions and 214 yards between them, but without any scores it wasn't nearly enough. It didn't help that Jarvis Landry went out after the first series and one catch for nine yards. He now joins Jerry Jeudy and Curtis Samuel among my injured. The biggest blight so far has been George Kittle. The 49ers are 2-0 but have done it without utilizing their star TE yet. He has eight catches in the two games but less than a hundred yards total, including just seventeen against Philly.

If Adams, Deebo, Kittle, and any of my backs can actually start visiting the end zone I may get a win or two. But I am not holding out a lot of hope for this campaign already,

Powdered Water 09-22-21 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 2240048)
Russells Last Stand? Someone took a cue from my FBB team name lol!
I'm convinced he's gonna leave town after this season. I really hope he doesn't but I'm not a kid. The writing is on the wall. He damn near left this off season. It's a bummer but that's how pro sports are and a good example why we shouldn't take our home teams to seriously.

Wyldesyde19 09-23-21 11:19 PM

And down goes McCaffrey. Ouch. Hamstring is the report.

Holden Pike 09-24-21 12:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes, and sadly that now gives me a path to my first victory. Assuming all of my guys finish their games. Which I never do. Would be a crappy way to win, because of somebody else's injury, but since I usually lose that way I would certainly accept it. I went from a 60% chance to lose to a 55% chance to win.

Wyldesyde19 09-24-21 02:00 PM

I need Holden to pull off the “upset”, so it’s very fortuitous. If I can get past Parrotheads, who I owe for last years come from behind Monday night victory, (his kicker scored 12 points to pull off the victory! 🤨).
I’ll be watching your match, as well as Empire-Justin’s Bad Boys, very closely.

Wyldesyde19 09-26-21 01:23 PM

Injuries taking its toll on this weeks matchups in the hours before kick off.

Wyldesyde19 09-27-21 12:01 AM

Starting to think Holden is just cursed. Adams just took a brutal, and illegal, hit. Definitely concussed.

Edit: he came back in a few plays later so probably fine.

Sedai 09-27-21 10:19 AM

Yoda and I in the Sadboi bowl, and I just manage to pull it out, and that's with a terrible choice by yours truly at RB2. All the other backs I have did better than the goon I put in the slot. A mistake I (hope) I will not make again...

GG Yoda!

Yoda 09-27-21 11:54 AM

Yeah, not great.

Nice that Robinson finally did what he was supposed to, but I had to sit him, since there was really nothing suggesting it was coming.

0-3's tough but doable, still.

Holden Pike 09-27-21 12:42 PM

Welp, Commish, that puts us up for the Loser Bowl in Week Four. The league's only two winless teams. It'll probably be a 62-62 tie.

Yoda 09-27-21 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Holden Pike (Post 2241291)
Welp, Commish, that puts us up for the Loser Bowl in Week Four. The league's only two winless teams. It'll probably be a 62-62 tie.
The stoppable force meets the movable object.

Wyldesyde19 09-27-21 11:17 PM

Holden may win due to Hurts having a terrible game tonight.

Edit: oops. Never mind.

Fabulous 09-28-21 12:30 AM

Wow, looks like I squeaked that one out.

jiraffejustin 09-28-21 12:41 AM

I would have won this week if I would have started Alexander Mattison. I would have started Alexander Mattison if I would have known he was starting. I would have known Alexander Mattison was starting if I hadn't been driving from Oklahoma to Alabama, even then I would still have known Mattison was going to start if his player card would have been updated, notifying his owners he was starting... which seems like significant news. But f*ck it. Got my first loss.

Holden Pike 09-28-21 09:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)

I finally got some touchdowns from my position players! And even with the best Fantasy Player on the planet going down early I still couldn't manage enough points to win. Though I did break a hundred for the first time...and still lost by twenty. If McCaffrey had finished with even just an average game by his standards I would have lost by forty or more. I simply am not competitive.

And this was a week where Davante Adams finally blew up for 12/132 and a TD while Antonio Gibson had a hundred total yards, most of it on that spectacular screen pass that went for a 73-yard TD. Kittle finally had some Kittle-like YACs but did not score in the loss to Green Bay. Lamar Jackson had an OK game that would have been a wonderful game had Hollywood Brown not dropped three sure touchdowns. Alas.

Gonna be a long, sad season for my squad.

Holden Pike 09-28-21 12:24 PM

I am 2-1 and in third place in my other league, so the season isn't a complete wash. Yet. :D

Wyldesyde19 09-28-21 02:43 PM

2-1 and sitting in third. Offense is clicking. Brady being Brady. Cupp, Allen, Jones, and Carson all contribute double digit points. So why do I have this feeling of unease heading into my game with Spaulding?

Oh, and I have the lead on overall points and averaging 135 a game. I don’t expect either to last. I expect my offense to have a few bad games here and there.

Wyldesyde19 09-30-21 09:27 PM

Jags getting Robinson involved early should be a promising sign for Yoda. Until they fall behind early and they’re forced to throw it every down, that is.

rauldc14 09-30-21 09:50 PM

0-3 in one league. 2-1 in the other.

Wyldesyde19 09-30-21 11:57 PM

Owners who have Chase and Boyd were all happy tonight until Uzomah showed up…..

Wyldesyde19 10-03-21 01:01 PM

50-50 toss up with Clowns. Going to be a good matchup. Almost his entire lineup plays today during the early games, compared to my one (and it’s my D!). So basically, I’ll have a lot of catching up to do.
Brady during tonight’s game will give me a better idea of my chances at winning going into tomorrow nights game, where I will still have Allen and Cook playing.
But if it’s too much of a deficit going into Monday night, forget it.

Captain Spaulding 10-03-21 02:00 PM

I thought I'd cruise to an easy victory last week once Dalvin Cook was ruled out for Beantown Champs. He started Devontae Booker and Ty Johnson, for crying out loud. Yet I proceeded to get my ass kicked. Josh Allen nearly outscored my entire team (and too bad none of his TDs went to Diggs, who somehow finished with single digits despite the Bills scoring 43 points). Just a pitiful performance from all my dudes.

Originally Posted by Wyldesyde19 (Post 2242691)
50-50 toss up with Clowns. Going to be a good matchup. Almost his entire lineup plays today during the early games, compared to my one (and it’s my D!). So basically, I’ll have a lot of catching up to do.
Brady during tonight’s game will give me a better idea of my chances at winning going into tomorrow nights game, where I will still have Allen and Cook playing.
But if it’s too much of a deficit going into Monday night, forget it.
One of your three wins last year was against me, when bums like Jaylen Guyton randomly decided to have their best game of the season against me, so I'd love to avenge that loss. Doubt it happens, however. You've got a great team, and I'm already starting dudes I'd rather not be starting. Tannehill has underwhelmed this season, and now he's without Julio and Brown. I figure it's going to be all Derrick Henry today (which I'm okay with since I have him in my other two leagues). Can't believe I'm starting Heinicke, but that's the unenviable situation in which I find myself. You've got the better team and the better match-ups. I think you win easily unless I get lucky with TDs. Wouldn't surprise me if you already have the victory sealed before MNF.

Wyldesyde19 10-03-21 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Spaulding (Post 2242708)
One of your three wins last year was against me, when bums like Jaylen Guyton randomly decided to have their best game of the season against me, so I'd love to avenge that loss. Doubt it happens, however. You've got a great team, and I'm already starting dudes I'd rather not be starting. Tannehill has underwhelmed this season, and now he's without Julio and Brown. I figure it's going to be all Derrick Henry today (which I'm okay with since I have him in my other two leagues). Can't believe I'm starting Heinicke, but that's the unenviable situation in which I find myself. You've got the better team and the better match-ups. I think you win easily unless I get lucky with TDs. Wouldn't surprise me if you already have the victory sealed before MNF.
Yeah, Guyton. Man I was desperate for WR production last year. Didn’t help Mostert, Chubb, Brees and Goedert all spent time injured. *
I got lucky…..
My team this year is much better in comparison. Still, anything can happen. Good luck!

Powdered Water 10-03-21 02:49 PM

Another guy out in the first quarter. I am really struggling to enjoy fantasy football these last few years. I guess I just need to figure out how to get guder at being lucky.

rauldc14 10-03-21 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Powdered Water (Post 2242725)
Another guy out in the first quarter. I am really struggling to enjoy fantasy football these last few years. I guess I just need to figure out how to get guder at being lucky.
I remember like 5 years ago I got so frustrated late in the year that I started an all Free Agent squad and it legitimately was like my third best score of the year. It's a head scratch

Wyldesyde19 10-03-21 03:59 PM

Patterson having a monster day. That’s 30 points on the bench there.

rauldc14 10-03-21 04:40 PM

So much for that "vaunted" Washington D.

Wyldesyde19 10-03-21 05:47 PM

Beantown-LKA game just got interesting with the news that LKA lost his kicker (Gould) in the pregame and is out.

Yoda 10-03-21 10:17 PM

Gonna put up like 120 points and go 0-4 anyway cuz a grown man named "Deebo" just played the game of his life.

Wyldesyde19 10-03-21 10:27 PM

After back to back games with great offense, I knew I was due for a bad game.
I just didn’t realize how bad……*sigh*
Good game Spaulding. I was right to feel uneasy about this matchup.

rauldc14 10-03-21 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 2242809)
Gonna put up like 120 points and go 0-4 anyway cuz a grown man named "Deebo" just played the game of his life.
Could be worse. Could have played vs. Tyreek. Or Dawson Knox.

Holden Pike 10-04-21 09:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 2242809)
Not if Herbert scores 36 points tonight. Which considering he scored 38 just last week is certainly not beyond him, especially if it turns out to be a shoot out with Vegas.

As for Deebo, he is having a heck of a start to his season...

As for his name, he paid tribute to it before the game yesterday...

Deebo Samuel Honors Late Tommy 'Tiny' Lister With Gameday Entrance
Oct 03, 2021 at 12:15 PM
Briana McDonald, 49ers.com Contributor

Rolling into action, Deebo Samuel cruised in on two wheels just hours before kickoff against the Seattle Seahawks.
https://twitter.com/49ers/status/1444720690297331714
For his IG-worthy entrance, Samuel was dressed in a flannel that featured an art piece on his back of the late Tommy "Tiny" Lister, who played the iconic Deebo character in the 1995 movie Friday. To top it off, Samuel accessorized with a red Los Angeles Dodgers hat, including an embroidering of the name "Lil Tiny," a fitting tribute to Lister who grew up in Compton, California.

Samuel's father, Galen, gave him the nickname "Deebo" after the notorious bully because he always took things away from people as a toddler. But that's not his only nickname – In high school, his stepmother, Precious Martin, also named Samuel "Sweet Feet" due to his speed.

Sweet Feet Samuel enters Week 4 ranked second in the NFL in receiving yards, recording 334 receiving yards on 20 receptions through three weeks of the season. He aims for his third game in a row against Seattle with five-plus catches and 100-plus receiving yards.

https://www.49ers.com/news/deebo-sam...rance-seahawks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-TPxS1cVEY

Yoda 10-04-21 09:51 AM

Yeah I'm just being salty, I actually love it when athletes have weird/goofy/interesting names. I think we need more Mookies in our lives.

Sedai 10-04-21 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Wyldesyde19 (Post 2242754)
Beantown-LKA game just got interesting with the news that LKA lost his kicker (Gould) in the pregame and is out.
I managed to pull it out, as Beantown's team underperformed pretty badly. That's two wins! Let's keep it going.

We're on to next week.

TONGO 10-04-21 08:12 PM

Miles Gaskin 0.30
Odell Beckham Jr 4.10
Travis Kelce 4.30
I did not win this week.