Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Reviews (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Death Race (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=18611)

shashinarain 02-04-09 05:50 AM

Death Race

Death Race the name suggest that the race for death. And I saw this movie with my friends. Pin drop silents in the home when we seen this movie. At the last two participants
play a game together and beat the organizer.

Powdered Water 02-04-09 10:47 PM

Re: Death Race

We barely knew ya.

spudracer 02-04-09 10:49 PM

Water with powder in it, why is person at top a banned one?

Powdered Water 02-04-09 10:57 PM

Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird... :rotfl: Love that.

I don't know but if I had to guess I'd say this person was probably a dreaded "signature spammer". They are insidious. And they must be stopped. Yoda (The Man) has decided to dedicate his natural life to the destruction of this evil and for that I salute him.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y25...osterLarge.jpg

spudracer 02-04-09 10:58 PM

Now we just need a good picture of Chris to paste in there in place of Patton's head...:D Wait!! I've got an idea.

MadMan_731 02-05-09 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by shashinarain (Post 498854)
Death Race the name suggest that the race for death. And I saw this movie with my friends. Pin drop silents in the home when we seen this movie. At the last two participants
play a game together and beat the organizer.
Owned. Plus the remake of Death Race looks pretty awful. Since it appears to lack the funny satire of the original.

KasperKristensen 02-05-09 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by Powdered Water (Post 499068)
Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird... :rotfl: Love that.

I don't know but if I had to guess I'd say this person was probably a dreaded "signature spammer". They are insidious. And they must be stopped. Yoda (The Man) has decided to dedicate his natural life to the destruction of this evil and for that I salute him.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y25...osterLarge.jpg
I second that!

KasperKristensen 02-05-09 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by MadMan_731 (Post 499103)
Owned. Plus the remake of Death Race looks pretty awful. Since it appears to lack the funny satire of the original.
I would never have guessed that the original was funny based on this remake.

honeykid 02-06-09 10:14 PM

The original is great, if you like that kind of thing... Which I do. Also, it contains one of the greatest laugh/groan inducing lines I've ever heard: "It's a hand grenade." If you've seen it, you'll almost certainly remember it.

MovieMan8877445 02-06-09 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by MadMan_731 (Post 499103)
You obviously need to see the remake then, I personally love the remake just because of how fun it is. Some scenes are also very funny.

n3wt 02-07-09 07:43 AM

I really wanna see this movie.

Liquid Essence 02-17-09 02:39 AM

I saw this movie. Its pretty awsome. I enjoyed it. I think its intended for audiences that enjoy fast paced action and stuff.

The Prestige 02-17-09 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by MovieMan8877445 (Post 499647)
You obviously need to see the remake then, I personally love the remake just because of how fun it is. Some scenes are also very funny.
I second that. Was completely surprised by the remake. A lot of fun if you're not looking for anything challenging and just want a very fun time.

spudracer 02-18-09 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by The Prestige (Post 502132)
I second that. Was completely surprised by the remake. A lot of fun if you're not looking for anything challenging and just want a very fun time.
Couldn't agree more. Going into it you know you're not expecting any deep thought...so the end result was actually fun. It's a guilty pleasure of mine. :)

mediasaurusrex 02-20-09 02:00 AM

I can't believe that this movie did as poorly as it did at the box office. It was a lot of fun. It was a ridiculous amount of fun. It is a beautiful, obscene cacaphony of violence.

And I am going to memorize that Joan Allen curse and spit it out regularly for the rest of my days.

scotty16956 04-09-09 12:03 AM

you will like this movie if you like jason statham. IMO it was good,fun, and a lot of explosions. a fun fast paced movie

n3wt 06-27-09 01:02 PM

I saw this last night and I loved it, fairplay Statham is great and the cars are just phenominal :yup:

My first thoughts when I saw the trailer was OMG this is going to rock! An it didnt fail, this is a awesome speed frenzy and the story was quite predictable but the racing and the fights were great IMO.