Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Home Theater Questions & Information (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Curb Your Enthusiasm on DVD? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=3247)

Nightmare Inc. 11-10-02 03:18 PM

Curb Your Enthusiasm on DVD?

I was wondering if anyone knows if any of the 3 seasons is set to come out on DVD anytime? I love this show!

Holden Pike 11-13-02 12:09 AM

Nope.

Unfortunately, HBO has not yet announced any plans to release this brilliant show on DVD.

Joel 06-07-17 09:48 AM

Sounds like sometime during or after October, we get season 9. Just figured I'd bump this for anyone interested. I love the show personally. I didn't drop the link because it was buggy with pop ups but there's a sizable list of links with a quick engine search for season 9.

Doolallyfrank 06-07-17 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Joel (Post 1714330)
Sounds like sometime during or after October, we get season 9. Just figured I'd bump this for anyone interested. I love the show personally. I didn't drop the link because it was buggy with pop ups but there's a sizable list of links with a quick engine search for season 9.
awesome, thanks :up:

Doolallyfrank 06-07-17 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Joel (Post 1714330)
on IMDb it says episode 9.2 will air September 15th

Stirchley 06-07-17 02:26 PM

Re: Curb Your Enthusiasm

I had given up hope of Season 9 actually happening. Glad I saw this thread.

Yam12 07-10-17 04:30 PM

New season starts October 1st. That feels so far away.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/curb...-1-1202490916/

Also, wouldn't this thread be more appropriate in the TV and Music forum?

Stirchley 07-10-17 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Yam12 (Post 1733573)
New season starts October 1st. That feels so far away
It really doesn't when you think how long we've waited.

RobertBlack 08-30-17 03:44 PM

There's a new season? How the heck did I miss that? :D:D:D

Camo 08-30-17 03:45 PM

Damn, this thread is 15 years old. Have to rewatch Curb at some point, has been ages.

donniedarko 09-30-17 06:52 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NK8Pr06CzI

Stirchley 10-02-17 07:02 PM

Episode 1 of the new season was pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Captain Steel 10-02-17 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Stirchley (Post 1791771)
Episode 1 of the new season was pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good.
Yeah, it was, actually. It wasn't spectacular or anything, but felt like a very typical episode from the series - which is good - it means they didn't feel the need to do something "new" to try to make it more "edgy."

I liked that there were guest appearances by a lot of the regulars (or regular guests anyway).

I always find it funny (and slightly charming) how so many plot points / gags / conundrums / minutia (or "inane observations" as Newman might say) are recycled from Seinfeld. :)

Joel 10-02-17 08:44 PM

Well, providing the world isn't blown up by then, I plan to watch them when they're all out, so I can binge!

matt72582 10-02-17 09:43 PM

I liked Episode 1... It was great how Larry would rip those Democrats made in the lab.

"The distance" (holding the door).... I loved when he helped his secretary out, lol.

matt72582 10-02-17 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Joel (Post 1791814)
Well, providing the world isn't blown up by then, I plan to watch them when they're all out, so I can binge!
"She blew Chicago!"
"The city?"
"No, the band

Larry David's movie on HBO.. "Clear History" I think.

Joel 10-02-17 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by matt72582 (Post 1791834)
"She blew Chicago!"
"The city?"
"No, the band

Larry David's movie on HBO.. "Clear History" I think.
Seen it lol!

He loves thatband

matt72582 10-02-17 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Joel (Post 1791837)
Seen it lol!

He loves thatband
I like them too, when Terry was still alive.

Stirchley 10-02-17 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Post 1791813)
I always find it funny (and slightly charming) how so many plot points / gags / conundrums / minutia (or "inane observations" as Newman might say) are recycled from Seinfeld. :)
I never saw Seinfeld so it’s all new to me. Amazing Curb began 17 years ago & was on hiatus for 6 years. Larry looks the same, but quite a bit thinner.

Captain Steel 10-03-17 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Stirchley (Post 1791891)
I never saw Seinfeld so it’s all new to me. Amazing Curb began 17 years ago & was on hiatus for 6 years. Larry looks the same, but quite a bit thinner.
Yeah, it seems like almost every episode has some little similarity to something in a Seinfeld episode. (Coincidence? Intentional? Or does Larry just like to revisit the same themes he wrote 20 years ago? I don't know.)

Speaking of Larry being thinner, the only thing I really didn't care for in the new episode was Larry in the shower (I don't need to see old man body) - although the bit with the soap was funny! Luckily, I still use bar soap in the shower, so never have frustrations like that.
But with his clothes on, he doesn't look a whole lot older than he did 6 years ago.

And what the heck did that barber do? (and for $150.00 no less!)
It looked like she barely gave him a trim - and I hate the scraggly / curly back hair look on old balding men - they always look so much better with a neat close cut as opposed to the over-the-hill hippie look. I couldn't tell if Larry had that little "tail" cut off his hair that he used to sport. I hope so.