Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Intermission: Miscellaneous Chat (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Colleges You've Attended (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=285)

FL Tiger 12-29-00 11:03 PM

Okay, I am just curious where some of you went/are going/will go to college. So anyway, here's me:

I have an AA from Penn Valley College in Kansas City (radio/TV broadcasting) and an AA from Rose State College in Midwest City, Oklahoma (general studies).

I have a BA from the University of Missouri-Columbia (political science). (The mascot at MU is the Tigers, I now live in Florida so that is why I am FL Tiger.)

I attended grad school for a year at Saint Louis University and will be taking on-line classes for a master's degree through Utah State University beginning in January.

ryanpaige 12-30-00 11:38 AM

I attended college at Amarillo College in Amarillo, Texas, but I didn't get any degree from there. (I took my first college class there while I was still in high school, and took some journalism classes after I got my BBA just for fun).

I also attended Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas where I got my BBA in Accounting.

West Texas A&M University in Canyon, Texas where I got a second bachelors degree in General Business (wasn't really trying to, I just took some classes in my spare time).

University of North Texas in Denton, Texas (took a couple of classes there in my spare time when I lived and worked in Denton).

Baylor University in Waco, Texas (got halfway through a Masters of Taxation degree and decided it wasn't for me).

University of Texas at Arlington in Arlington, Texas where I started toward an MBA that I will finish in Spring, 2002.

Yoda 12-30-00 07:50 PM

I havn't attended college yet. :)

thmilin 12-31-00 01:52 AM

lol, look at these guys! that's so cute chris ... after all those listings ... ;)

hey, you'll be there soon though. as for me, uh ... not nearly so much under my belt but:

Solano Community College - no degree, a class or two during junior high

Stanford University - current, 4th yr, about to graduate with a BA in English (Creative Writing) and a Minor in Film Studies.

(Planning an MFA in Creative Writing starting next fall at either UCDavis or San Francisco State)

Yoda 12-31-00 01:55 AM

Hehe thanks. :) If I do go, it'll be as a precaution only - I think I can learn more real world skills outside of college. Am I sure of this? Nope - not totally...but I'd bet some things on it.

I wouldn't mind what would undoubtedly be some fun at times in college, but it's a LOT of time, a LOT of work, and a LOT of money.

Zephyrus 01-06-01 08:07 AM

Well, I'm not in college at the moment, we have universities instead :)

I'm doing a Bachelor's Degree in Medical Science at the University of New South Wales in Sydney.

jamesglewisf 01-06-01 07:21 PM

BS in Computer Science from Baylor University.

jungerpants 01-21-01 01:29 AM

I've just been accepted into the University of Pittsburgh. They're courting me big time, already got a big scholarship and been guaranteed admission to the Graduate School of Public and International Affairs. They even called my house the other day.

I also applied to:
Boston University
New York University
Johns Hopkins University
University of MD, College Park.
[Edited by HyperBaseball on 01-21-2001]

Yoda 01-21-01 10:05 AM

Congratulations Hyper/Jason! Maybe I'll see you around here sometime this year. :D

jungerpants 01-21-01 12:52 PM

Thanks Chris. I'm hoping that I get their Chancellor's Scholarship (Full Ride) so that my parents will buy me the car I want. Woo-hoo!

OllieO 01-30-01 07:10 PM

I'm currently doing a BA in Politics at the University of Durham.

OllieO 01-30-01 07:12 PM

And in September I shall be attending the Royal Military Academy of Sandhurst (officer training school for the British Army - about a year long). Not really college, but a great thing to graduate from - for employment post-service, and for the ladeez... ;)

lydskittles 02-23-01 10:06 PM

finishing first year at UW-Madison. . . english major

Pigsnie 03-10-01 07:09 AM

Hoo, someone going to Sandhurst! Vewy intewesting. In fact, all very good universities, I see. I highly recommend university. In the libraries, there are books most risque.

Went to Oxford, Balliol. Took Classics with Oriental Studies. Food very bad in Dining Hall. And Junior Common Room now has a Copy Machine!! (They didn't, when I was there.)

Aditya 04-07-01 02:34 PM

• I am currently doing 1st year BCom (Commerce) in the RKM Vivekananda College which is affiliated to the University of Madras.
  • Apart from college I do CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst).
  • Lastly,I work at a brokerage for work experience.I love stock markets. :)

PigsnieLite 05-11-01 05:05 PM

I went to Oxford and all I got was this lousy t shirt.

Arthur Dent 05-11-01 05:19 PM

In high school I took classes at Dakota State University. Right now I'm at South Dakota State Univerity (just finished my first year there). I am double majoring in Computer Science and Electrical Engineering.

PigsnieLite 05-11-01 05:25 PM

I know you, you like Hitch the snitch. Pigsnie cant stand him but its ok if you like him. They let all sorts of rif raf in Oxford these days---- just last week, one of me mates was admitted, hahha ha. Pigsnie will probly have to bribe a dozen dons to get me in.

Steve 05-17-01 06:09 PM

I took a videomaking/scriptwriting class at American University in DC last summer; this summer I'm taking a 16mm filmmaking class. I'm only a sophomore in high school, so I've got a little time before college.