Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Forums Site Stuff (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Guests (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=19013)

king_of_movies_316 03-23-09 03:27 AM

Guests

Who are the mysteriouse "guests" and why are there so many browsing Movie Forums all the time.

Do people like just to look but not sign up or is there another reason?

There is like eighty guests browsing the site sometimes, while the most members online is like 15.

So does anyone have insight into the guests?

Harry Lime 03-23-09 03:42 AM

Re: Guests

Alot of the time it's probably members who don't want to/feel like signing in.

zenderella 03-23-09 03:52 AM

Well I found this forum searching for something movie related. Honestly don't remember what it was now. So I was a guest wandering around. I did sign up eventually though.

Harry Lime 03-23-09 03:57 AM

The same way I found this place.

nebbit 03-23-09 04:34 AM

The Guests are how we get new members :yup:

mark f 03-23-09 04:37 AM

The guests are people who are probably checking out Goodle hits, but since the Guests are listed for 15 minutes, I'm guessing that many of them aren't really here anymore and that some of them may actually be the same "guest".

n3wt 03-23-09 08:34 AM

The guest's are alien entanties tracking everything we say and do in an act to study the human mind about movie's.

king_of_movies_316 03-23-09 08:58 AM

Yeah, i agree with N3wt. He is probaly right.

n3wt 03-23-09 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by king_of_movies_316 (Post 511791)
Yeah, i agree with N3wt. He is probaly right.
;)

Caitlyn 03-23-09 11:15 AM

We were all 'guests' in the land of MoFo... once upon a time... and still are... from time to time...

KasperKristensen 03-23-09 11:17 AM

The guest's are alien entanties tracking everything we say and do in an act to study the human mind about movie's.
Sometimes they do create an account though, in order order to get further insight. Also in order to find out more about specific movie fans. After all. somebody has to be the subjects.
They would probably use a completely boring user name, since they don't own any form of human humor. Probably just a first name and a surname...

Yoda 03-23-09 11:22 AM

Aye, the majority of the site's visitors don't sign-up. This is par for the course for most forums, though specific registration rates vary. Most find us through Google and are looking for a specific piece of information, or type of list, etc. If and when they find it, they usually don't have much reason to stick around longer.

Some people are specifically searching for a forum to participate in, of course. Those ones usually don't stay guests for long. :)

n3wt 03-23-09 12:12 PM

I found the site through Google as I was looking for a decent movie forum where I can talk about the love of film with like minded people, and im glad I did as this has a very friendly atmosphere :yup:

Nice one guys :up: This is the only forum that I post on regulary :yup: There is a gamer forum that me and pedz use but the site has been down for a few months now.

martian leader 03-23-09 06:29 PM

Whats funny. I have no idea how I found this site. :shrug: I guess google! :p

TheUsualSuspect 03-23-09 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 511805)
Some people are specifically searching for a forum to participate in, of course. Those ones usually don't stay guests for long. :)
That's my reason for joining.

and Holden is my reason is staying. ;)

spudracer 03-23-09 08:48 PM

Of course, then there are those who use the Movie Questions forum, ask their question, receive an answer (most of the time) and then leave.

I don't dislike people who are like that, but I wish they would at least give the site a little more time to sink in. It's almost like we're a cheap whore that they get their "pleasure" out of then scurry off.

n3wt 03-23-09 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by martian leader (Post 511960)
Whats funny. I have no idea how I found this site. :shrug: I guess google! :p
It was the alien enteties man they brought you here :laugh:

Or maybe you are a deactiveted cylon?

http://www.thegreenhead.com/imgs/bat...enturion-2.jpg

Powdered Water 03-23-09 11:40 PM

I drop in to forums off of Google searches all the time. I never stay at any of them.

martian leader 03-23-09 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Powdered Water (Post 512086)
I drop in to forums off of Google searches all the time. I never stay at any of them.

i don't either. I'm a bunch of War Plane ones. someone is gonna hate me if I leaave. :(