Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Actors, Awards, & Directors (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Which is your favorite Charlton Heston film? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=54373)

Achoo42 06-04-18 10:16 PM

Which is your favorite Charlton Heston film?

Favorite Heston film and why?

(please don't bring politics into this by the way- discuss purely from a cinematic standpoint)

Citizen Rules 06-04-18 10:25 PM

Re: Which is your favorite Charlton Heston film?

I love all those films in the poll...I think Chuck is a highly underrated actor. My choice isn't on the poll, it would be Soylent Green.

rauldc14 06-04-18 10:37 PM

Only seen 4 of the 8. Ben-Hur for me.

Stirchley 06-04-18 11:03 PM

Never had the least desire to see a Charlton Heston movie.

Saunch 06-04-18 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Stirchley (Post 1907555)
There’s a “cold dead hands” joke somewhere here...

cricket 06-04-18 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1907536)
I love all those films in the poll...I think Chuck is a highly underrated actor. My choice isn't on the poll, it would be Soylent Green.
One of the choices is in your top 10, and that would be my choice.

Gideon58 06-04-18 11:43 PM

Of the ones that are listed, I enjoyed him the most in The Big Country but my favorite is also Soylent Green.

Achoo42 06-05-18 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Stirchley (Post 1907555)
Curious as to why?

SeeingisBelieving 06-05-18 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Achoo42 (Post 1907524)
Favorite Heston film and why?

(please don't bring politics into this by the way- discuss purely from a cinematic standpoint)
The Agony and the Ecstasy. I say this all the time about films but it's yet another one I like that I haven't seen for years. I watch very very little now. All I can remember about it is liking the part where Michelangelo decides to look at the people around him in order to represent the characters on what will become the Sistine ceiling.

Ben-Hur would be second. Excellent film.

hell_storm2004 06-05-18 10:56 AM

If it was a movie then Ben Hur. But if it was only his acting Agony and Ecstasy. I voted for Ben Hur though.

mattiasflgrtll6 06-05-18 11:05 AM

I love Charlton Heston. I agree he's kind of an underrated actor. He gets his fair share of respect, but not as much compared to other stars of the period.

I've only seen three movies where he has a significant role (one of them being Beneath The Planet Of The Apes), but my favorite so far has to be Soylent Green. A truly classic dark science fiction piece.

Some of the movies I want to see the most is The Ten Commandments, Ben-Hur and The Greatest Show On Earth.

SeeingisBelieving 06-05-18 11:12 AM

Of course he was also in The Three Musketeers and The Four Musketeers playing Cardinal Richelieu. It's odd really as Christopher Lee could no doubt have played the part – instead he was the henchman, Rochefort.

Citizen Rules 06-05-18 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by cricket (Post 1907563)
One of the choices is in your top 10, and that would be my choice.
I can't remember Heston in that movie, very well. But yeah great movie!

lenslady 06-05-18 01:24 PM

I don't know that I've seen a lot of his films, but certainly would admire him in The Ten Commandments. Didn't really enjoy this movie as a child, but I think I was too young to fully appreciate it- saw it recently on tv and thought it was excellent.

And I'd forgotten about Soylent Green. Yes, very good. Ah....well .....I think I'll mosey over to the tv and turn on the cooking channel now ;D

cat_sidhe 06-05-18 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1907536)
Soylent Green would be mine, too.

Citizen Rules 06-05-18 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by cat_sidhe (Post 1907755)
Soylent Green would be mine, too.
For me, it's not the sci fi elements or story line of Soylent Green that impresses so much, but...the relationship between Heston and his again friend Edward G Robinson and the realization of things lost.

cat_sidhe 06-05-18 04:19 PM

@Citizen Rules For me it's just Soylent Green.

:lol: The simple reply.

GulfportDoc 06-06-18 10:54 AM

My favorite film which Heston was in, is Touch of Evil.

As far as his best performance in a film, he showed his range in The A & A, and Soylent Green. Ben-Hur wasn't too shabby either..;)

~Doc

Stirchley 06-06-18 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Achoo42 (Post 1907576)
Curious as to why?
So old-fashioned. Heston has always seemed like a very clunky actor to me.

Dani8 06-06-18 08:43 PM

I voted Agony and Ecstacy. Not for him but because I loved the book. I've never been a fan. I guess he was too busy playing with guns to take acting lessons...