Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Upcoming Movies & Sequels (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=32672)

The Rodent 07-30-13 12:02 PM

Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/eddie-...ly-hills-cop-4

It's being hinted... Murphy seems to be trying anything to get his career back... even appearing in the TV series that has Axel Foley's son in the lead...

He's been rumoured to have ties with Twins sequel, Triplets... and now he's hinted at bringing Axel Foley back as well.

Teenage Mutant Ninja (Not) Aliens writer Andre Nemec is apparently penning the screenplay right now.

Can't be any worse than Beverly Hills Cop 3... can it?

AlwayzOutgunned 07-30-13 12:43 PM

Re: Beverly Hills Cop 4

I don't have much faith in Eddie anymore. His last good performance, at least in my opinion, was Dreamgirls. Seems like he is in the Nicholas 'I Just Need A Paycheck' Cage mode.

n3wt 07-30-13 01:39 PM

:rolleyes:

LP Quagmire 07-31-13 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by AlwayzOutgunned (Post 931258)
I don't have much faith in Eddie anymore. His last good performance, at least in my opinion, was Dreamgirls.

He was great in that! I don't know why he doesn't pursue more dramatic roles...

Lucas 07-31-13 04:19 PM

Eddie Murphy is awful, this film will be awful. He hasn't made a decent film in forever.

Masterman 07-31-13 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by NBAluke579 (Post 931992)
Eddie Murphy is awful, this film will be awful. He hasn't made a decent film in forever.
Beverly Hills cop 1 + 2 were great.

48 Hours is great

LP Quagmire 07-31-13 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Masterman (Post 932030)
Beverly Hills cop 1 + 2 were great.

I wonder how many people even realize there was a BEVERLY HILLS COP 3...?

foster 08-01-13 12:38 AM

I preferred 3 to 2. 2 was so god damn awful

AlwayzOutgunned 08-01-13 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by LP Quagmire (Post 931760)
He was great in that! I don't know why he doesn't pursue more dramatic roles...
Agreed. He could have a true career resurgence pursing those dramatic, supporting parts in good films as opposed to the same drivel over and over.

LP Quagmire 08-01-13 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by AlwayzOutgunned (Post 932680)
Agreed. He could have a true career resurgence pursing those dramatic, supporting parts in good films as opposed to the same drivel over and over.
Absolutely. I also love the song he sings in DREAMGIRLS ("Patience").

The Rodent 08-01-13 12:36 PM

It worked for Tom Hanks... Eddie Murphy could easily make a career from serious acting.

jrs 06-27-14 08:38 PM

Beverly Hills Cop 4 (Tentative title)

Release Date: March 25, 2016
Studio: Paramount Pictures
Director: Brett Ratner
Screenwriter: Josh Appelbaum, Andre Nemec
Starring: Eddie Murphy

The newest installment of "Beverly Hills Cop," from the ultimate "fish-out-of-water" franchise, takes Axel Foley, who has been living a cushy life as a Beverly Hills Detective, back to Detroit during the coldest winter on record to navigate the new rules and old enemies in one of America's most tenacious cities.

MonnoM 09-18-17 11:53 PM

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1704...ther-huge-name

"Directors Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah recently made an appearance on Dutch talk show "The World Turns" and revealed that the fourth Beverly Hills Cop film might find new life under their direction. Though the project remains in the very early stages of development, these rumors suggest that it will find Eddie Murphy's Axel Foley as a seasoned Beverly Hills police officer who returns to Detroit for a case -- and subsequently butts heads with a tough as nails Detroit cop as his new partner. The pair reportedly held an "audition" for Eddie Murphy to return to his iconic role as Axel Foley, and they are currently eyeing either Kingsman: The Golden Circle star Channing Tatum, or Inception star Tom Hardy to step in as the film's central villain."

Dani8 09-19-17 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 931220)
Was that the one in the amusement park? Woeful, but I would give this one a go if it's bromancey nd back to the loud mouth fast talker from the original

FL3Buff_07 09-19-17 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Dani8 (Post 1780514)
Was that the one in the amusement park? Woeful, but I would give this one a go if it's bromancey nd back to the loud mouth fast talker from the original
Yep... it's the one that co-starred Alan Young of "Mr. Ed" fame.
It's also the episode where Inspector Todd is killed.

"You on a coffee break Axel? GO GET THAT SOB!"

WorldFilmGeek 09-19-17 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by FL3Buff_07 (Post 1780518)

"You on a coffee break Axel? GO GET THAT SOB!"
I did like when Hector Elizondo got completely annoyed hearing "Wonder World! Wonder World!"

"Would someone shut that f**king song off!"

Plus, it was good to see Serge again LOL
"The art gallery is completely bankrupt! Because we had an owner who was obstinate, stupid, and ignorant. You shot him remember?"

Joel 09-19-17 11:22 AM

Part 3 was a total nightmare failure. Everything was wrong with it, yet it was made by usually competent talent, esp director Landis. Mind bogglingly horrible.

I'm not sure I can stomach the idea of a part 4. Not unless it's a work of art like part 1, and I highly doubt that's happening. You can't catch and hold a comet in a jar. Part 1 was all about the right place/right time. When will Hollywood learn? Never is my guess.

WorldFilmGeek 10-02-19 05:18 PM

It's finally happening. Eddie Murphy confirmed he will do Beverly Hills Cop 4 after wrapping up Coming 2 America:

http://collider.com/eddie-murphy-int...lls-cop-4-snl/

Wyldesyde19 10-02-19 11:33 PM

Both shouldn’t happen.
I’m so tired of retreads and endless sequels. They’re obvious attempts at grabbing past glory. Or, in some cases, cynical attempts at $$
Few franchises can ever reach what they once were, and many should just go away and never come back. And I say this as someone who enjoyed the first Beverly Hills Cop

mojofilter 10-03-19 01:41 PM

Beverly Hills Cop 2 was mediocre. Part 3 was terrible. Not sure what the point of a 4th one is other than for Eddie Murphy to grasp some of his 80's glory.

Coming 2 America might work, and I hope it does. I'm just skeptical about a 4th Cop film, but I will still see it when it comes out.

Other than that, I'm excited that Eddie is making a comeback with Dolemite is my Name and the standup specials on Netflix, and that he'll be back on the big screen with 2 potential box office hits.

rambond 10-07-19 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by mojofilter (Post 2039214)
Beverly Hills Cop 2 was mediocre. Part 3 was terrible. Not sure what the point of a 4th one is other than for Eddie Murphy to grasp some of his 80's glory.

Coming 2 America might work, and I hope it does. I'm just skeptical about a 4th Cop film, but I will still see it when it comes out.

Other than that, I'm excited that Eddie is making a comeback with Dolemite is my Name and the standup specials on Netflix, and that he'll be back on the big screen with 2 potential box office hits.
beverly hills cop 2 has probably one of the best intro sequences to an action movie, and a guilty pleasure although a lot could have been done with the ending...

mojofilter 11-14-19 12:42 PM

Netflix picked it up

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...edium=referral

Naisy 12-02-19 04:49 AM

If you take Beverly Hills Cop seriously, you are in for a bad time.

They are what they are, stupid, comedy action but they don't pretend to be anything different. Like how The Expendables are a nod to the 80's action heroes of old with pointless over the top action. I would watch Beverly Hills Cop 4 with the same expectations. Just nostalgia stroking, nothing groundbreaking but doesn't mean it can't be enjoyed.

mattiasflgrtll6 12-02-19 05:38 AM

Yeah, but a Beverly Hills Cop movie without Gilbert R. Hill or Judge Reinhold? I think there's good reason to be skeptical.

I'm a fan of the first two movies, but the third one wasn't even good, so I'm not sure why there's been such an extreme push for a fourth to get made.

rambond 12-02-19 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by mattiasflgrtll6 (Post 2050393)
Yeah, but a Beverly Hills Cop movie without Gilbert R. Hill or Judge Reinhold? I think there's good reason to be skeptical.

I'm a fan of the first two movies, but the third one wasn't even good, so I'm not sure why there's been such an extreme push for a fourth to get made.
I agree wouldn t work without those two...

Naisy 12-02-19 07:24 AM

I don't think there has been an extreme push to get made. It has been 25 years since the last one. Studios haven't been begging for one but it had enough success in it's time. Like Die Hard and Rambo, it has it's following, it may not be as iconic as those two but still if a franchise had any success in its time or is a comic book hero you can usually get a bit of money to make another one.

WorldFilmGeek 09-23-22 12:49 PM

Shooting began a few weeks ago with the official title Beverly Hills Cop: Axel Foley. Eddie Murphy returns to California to reunite with his daughter and join forces with her ex-boyfriend, a by-the-book cop to discover corruption within the force. Taylour Paige and Joseph Gordon-Levitt co-star and it was officially announced we are seeing the return of Rosewood, Taggart, Jeffrey, and Serge.

Jerry Bruckheimer returns to producer after skipping on BHC3 and Mark Molloy is directing from a script by Will Beall.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/b...el-1235379225/

xSookieStackhouse 09-23-22 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by WorldFilmGeek (Post 2335060)
Shooting began a few weeks ago with the official title Beverly Hills Cop: Axel Foley. Eddie Murphy returns to California to reunite with his daughter and join forces with her ex-boyfriend, a by-the-book cop to discover corruption within the force. Taylour Paige and Joseph Gordon-Levitt co-star and it was officially announced we are seeing the return of Rosewood, Taggart, Jeffrey, and Serge.

Jerry Bruckheimer returns to producer after skipping on BHC3 and Mark Molloy is directing from a script by Will Beall.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/b...el-1235379225/
omg yes so happy the original cast is back but hopefully it will be good *

John Dumbear 09-23-22 01:21 PM

To bad they couldn't coax Lisa Eilbacher out of retirement, for a cameo.

Ash TheStrangeOne 09-23-22 01:27 PM

**eddie murphy laugh**

Breakem 09-30-22 01:26 PM

I feel like Murphy lost his touch a long time ago. He hasn't made me laugh in decades.

mojofilter 10-02-22 11:12 PM

Kevin Bacon has joined the cast of Beverly Hills Cop 4

https://about.netflix.com/en/news/ke...cop-axel-foley

Rockatansky 10-02-22 11:22 PM

I don’t have high hopes, but Eddie can still turn it on if he feels like it. I thought he was very good in Dolemite is My Name.

rambond 10-10-22 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by John Dumbear (Post 2335067)
To bad they couldn't coax Lisa Eilbacher out of retirement, for a cameo.
I second that, she s one hot broad

John-Connor 12-13-23 11:02 AM

Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F | Official Teaser Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBG3iyr5N70

John Dumbear 12-13-23 11:57 AM

LOL! You get a "Teaser" one day before you get the "Teaser".

xSookieStackhouse 12-14-23 09:34 AM

heres the teaser trailer of it https://youtu.be/qBG3iyr5N70?si=C2dSbkYcDJo_wpyI

MovieMeditation 12-14-23 01:51 PM

I think the teaser looks great tbh.

Corax 12-14-23 01:57 PM

Re: Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F

The space between posts in this thread seems to indicate that this film was in development hell.

Gideon58 12-14-23 02:43 PM

It can't possibly be any worse than his Coming to America sequel last year.

Holden Pike 12-14-23 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Corax (Post 2427539)
The space between posts in this thread seems to indicate that this film was in development hell.
It is also true that once they finally got everything in place they had to deal with COVID regulations and then the writers/actors strikes.

But after how lousy Beverly Hills Cop III was as the last distant entry and how lame Coming to America 2 was for Netflix, obviously tempered expectations would be wise. Because it is on Netflix and so many of us have access, surely most of us will watch it. If it is even just "OK" it will seem like a minor triumph.

Corax 12-14-23 03:26 PM

[quote=Holden Pike;2427553If it is even just "OK" it will seem like a minor triumph.[/quote]
I will have to hear reconnaissance reporting better than OK to click view on this one. Murphy was the king, once upon a time. I think we all still love him, but his time appears to have passed.

WrinkledMind 12-14-23 03:43 PM

Not getting my hopes high, because it's Netflix, but it's nice to see they got Taggart, Rosewood & even Serge.

doubledenim 12-14-23 05:06 PM

Eddie will always hold a place in my heart because of Delirious, the age he was when he made it and the age I was when I saw it.

That out of the way, his standing ($70m?) offer for a comedy special that he doesn’t want to do, tells me where he is as an artist now.

John W Constantine 12-14-23 07:47 PM

His girl really didn't want to party all the time.

ActionRocks 04-15-24 10:43 PM

I am so excited for this film. I just finished the trilogy, and heard that the film will release 5 days before my birthday.

I just have to use all my strength to wait to watch it

FilmBuff 04-15-24 10:44 PM

It will probably take all of one's strength to watch the thing

ActionRocks 04-15-24 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by The Rodent (Post 931220)

Why does everyone crap on this film..? Sure the first one is best, but i actually think this one comes in a close second.

ActionRocks 04-15-24 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by FilmBuff (Post 2454824)
It will probably take all of one's strength to watch the thing
Will it? Will it really?
I'm an Eddie fan. It might be the fact I've seen all the 'Shrek', 'Daddy Day Care' & 'Beverly Hills Cop' films, but nothing can convince me this will be a bad movie.

FilmBuff 04-15-24 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by ActionRocks (Post 2454828)
Will it? Will it really?
https://media.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2l...5uuo/giphy.gif