Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Forums Site Stuff (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2020 Signups (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=60898)

Yoda 02-12-20 12:59 PM

MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2020 Signups

Yay, almost baseball, whoo, et cetera.

First thing's first: if you're not in this league, there may be room for you! It's a pretty competitive league, so you'll want to have played fantasy baseball before, and playing Roto-style, in particular, is a big plus. If you want to play, just reply and say so, and we'll do our best to make room. Note that we try to give priority to a) more active users and b) returning owners. If you're a returning owner, you should have an invite in the next day or two. Please take a moment to ensure your email address with Yahoo is correct, and if it's not, please PM me the address you're using so I can update it accordingly.

Concerning the draft time: I'm thinking either Saturday, March 7th, or the following Saturday, March 14th. Probably around the usual time, 1:00 PM ET (10:00 AM PT). I'm fine with either, but please reply by letting me know your availability for both dates. IE: "I can do both the 7th and 14th" or "I can one but not the other." Every single year I ask that people do this, and put it in bold and red, and every single year people reply with stuff like "I prefer the 7th." And then I have to rudely and tersely quote the big bold red part back to them again. ;)

Please note you still need to confirm your involvement even if you're a returning team and are listed on the league site.

I'll keep a running list of confirmed owners here;
  • Yoda (Freedonia Ducks)
  • mark f (Dodgers)
  • rauldc14 (Peanuts&Crackerjacks)
  • Hey Fredereick (Roll Out The Barrel)
  • Sedai (Clockwork Angels)
  • TONGO (MONEYBALLERS)

mark f 02-12-20 01:20 PM

I'm in and can draft on both dates.

rauldc14 02-12-20 01:29 PM

Re: MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2020 Signups

In

Yoda 02-12-20 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by rauldc14 (Post 2065326)
In
Duuuude. Every time.

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 2065316)
please reply by letting me know your availability for both dates. IE: "I can do both the 7th and 14th" or "I can one but not the other." Every single year I ask that people do this, and put it in bold and red, and every single year people reply with stuff like "I prefer the 7th." And then I have to rudely and tersely quote the big bold red part back to them again. ;)

rauldc14 02-12-20 02:05 PM

Whoops. I can for sure do March 7th. 14th would be tricky but don't make me be the one holding that day back.

Hey Fredrick 02-12-20 02:13 PM

In and both days work for me.

Sedai 02-12-20 02:20 PM

In and can do either date.

I would have a slight preference for the later date if possible, but can do either.

TONGO 02-12-20 06:16 PM

Ineither *

* In and can do either date

Wyldesyde19 02-13-20 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 2065328)
Originally Posted by rauldc14 (Post 2065326)
In
Duuuude. Every time.

please reply by letting me know your availability for both dates. IE: "I can do both the 7th and 14th" or "I can one but not the other." Every single year I ask that people do this, and put it in bold and red, and every single year people reply with stuff like "I prefer the 7th." And then I have to rudely and tersely quote the big bold red part back to them again. ;)
I’m sorry. I literally got a good laugh out of this. As soon as I read the post I thought “see how many posts before Yoda has to remind everyone.”
Too funny. 😆

Yoda 02-13-20 08:36 AM

It's an annual tradition. :D

Fabulous 02-13-20 04:24 PM

In

mark f 02-13-20 05:35 PM

Duuuude

Yoda 02-13-20 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Fabulous (Post 2065701)
In
Yo:

Yoda 02-13-20 05:48 PM

If I were exponentially more ruthless I'd put something in the first post about how anyone who replies without reading it is kicked outta the league, but I worry we'd lose a third of the owners right off the bat.

Sedai 02-13-20 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 2065719)
If I were exponentially more ruthless I'd put something in the first post about how anyone who replies without reading it is kicked outta the league, but I worry we'd lose a third of the owners right off the bat.
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/64/64cb...ddb0bec50d.jpg

Fabulous 02-13-20 06:50 PM

I should be available for both dates.

Powdered Water 02-15-20 02:17 PM

In. Both dates are good. I always prefer to draft as late as possible. But either is fine.

mikeython1 02-16-20 12:14 PM

I am definitely in. :D I should be good for both dates. I edited my post to make it seem like Yoda is crazy. :)

Yoda 02-16-20 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by mikeython1 (Post 2066257)
I am definitely in. :D
Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 2065719)
what is wrong with you people

Yoda 02-16-20 12:19 PM

BTW that's literally four people, so my "third of the owners" was dead-on.

Also, if/when Adam confirms that'll be...everyone? So literally all the owners are returning? I'm not sure if that's ever happened before, we have great retention but usually there's like one. Might've happened once or twice, but pretty wild.