Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Reviews (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Space Jam (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=13839)

comethead 08-01-07 08:49 PM

Space Jam

I know this movie is several years old, but I rented it the other day, and my GOD, my love for this movie just came rolling back. I love the humor, which is typical Looney Toons TNT-and-anvil humor, but still less boring.
I love this movie. After watching it, me and my brother were quoting it almost non-stop! I especially loved the Monstars, or the Nerdlucks as they are known in their smaller form. When he asked my favorite, I couldn't choose.
Every time I watch this movie I get worked up at the end, even though I know what's going to happen! Its weird.
Now, call me crazy, but I've been talking to my friend, and she agrees: does any one else think that the red on (Nawt/Nada depending on who you talk to) might be a girl?? Or are we crazy?

Yoda 08-01-07 09:36 PM

Re: Space Jam

It's a fun movie, I'll give you that. There's nothing terribly impressive about it, but it's infectulously charming, and Bill Murray's presence is always appreciated:

"It's because I'm white, isn't it?"
"Larry's white."
"Larry's not white. Larry's clear."

comethead 08-02-07 02:07 PM

At the time, especially in the scene where they pump Stan full of air, that technology was considered groundbreaking. Some people say its a lot like Who Framed Roger Rabbit, but I think its really different. WFRR shines a much darker light on the concept of toons and humans coexisting.
But I am rather biased since I love the movie. I've seen in about ten times in two days and I have yet to get bored with it. It takes a special kind of movie to do that.

psyche 08-06-07 06:06 AM

I like that movie too...I think I first watched the movie when I was in grade school...I like the soundtrack of the movie "I believe I can fly"...especially when elmer make his popular dunk!!!

spudracer 08-06-07 07:49 AM

Just in case anyone wants to relive Space Jam, you can watch it online via Netflix

P-S-21 08-06-07 03:32 PM

Yeah, this is one of my favorite movies growing up. Damn, you made me reminisce my days of the old!

Ar3d 08-07-07 04:33 AM

i also agree.. it was good movie a family oriented and the same time a sport oriented..

nebbit 08-07-07 06:33 AM

It was ok :yup:

zero_digit 08-07-07 08:23 AM

hey it s good movie, remember first time watching it with my family, it is fun think of the past with your family

:)

P-S-21 08-18-07 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Ar3d (Post 378259)
i also agree.. it was good movie a family oriented and the same time a sport oriented..

Yup it is. I missed to see that it is family oriented.

psyche 10-27-07 05:26 PM

Well my favorite part in this movie is when Elmer do his flying dunk....that is awesome...

MarKus 10-29-07 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by spudracer (Post 378153)
Just in case anyone wants to relive Space Jam, you can watch it online via Netflix
Cool! thanks for the link mate! :) I really enjoyed watching this movie before.. :)

darkwell25 11-08-07 07:52 AM

I Enjoy watching this movie in my High school days....long jump dunks, crashing boards, flaming ball, what more could you wished for!

Gideon58 04-07-14 06:31 PM

I loved this movie...Michael Jordan was surprisingly charismatic for someone who is not really an actor and his interplay with the animated characters was actually very believable.