Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   General Movie Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I've got a few questions about Terminator 2 Judgment Day! (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=8353)

Johnlindsey289 08-18-04 01:12 PM

I've got a few questions about Terminator 2 Judgment Day!

If you recalled when Miles Dyson ( Joe Morton's character, the black scientist guy) after he got shot by the swat team, what was it him making noises and holding on that device near the explosives?

How could he possibly know about the technology inside the CPU from the first terminator? and did anyone thought Miles Dyson making those funny noises was funny?

Caitlyn 08-18-04 01:40 PM

Your question is a little confusing but in answer to part of what I think you're asking… had you ever heard the noises people make when their lungs are filling with blood, you would know what those noises were and not think them too funny… And if you're asking why he was holding the device… he was the logical one to do it since he was dying anyway…

BOBA'S CLONE 08-18-04 02:40 PM

I am not sure what your asking??

Diablo 08-24-04 10:35 PM

Please rephrase your question so we know what the hell your asking. And I found it appropriate for him making those "noises". He was shot several times in the chest! He was bound to be wheezing a bit.

Escape 08-25-04 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by BOBA'S CLONE
I am not sure what your asking??
Neat looking avatar Boba's Clone. :cool:

I believe what he is asking is if anybody thought those wheezing sounds he was making just before he died sounded funny?

But as for me, no, I did not find it funny. I just always felt for the guy. He had a family and is now sacrificing himself to save the future world. A world he believed was caused by himself. :(

As for him understanding the complicated and more advanced CPU inside the teriminator, well I don't think that is an impossible accomplishment at all. Not as long as they have open minds when it comes to technology.

The Sarge 08-25-04 07:57 AM

From what i remember he didn't know what the tech from the first Terminator was...... thats why they were doing research and tests on it. If you remember it took the terminator and Sarah to tell MBD the story after Arnie cut his skin off his arm.

ipezdispenser 08-25-04 03:32 PM

A better question reguarding terminator is how Sean Connor could send back his own father in the first place? If he had to send back his own father how was he ever born. That would make time travel...ahhh it hurts my brain to figure it out.

peace

Escape 08-26-04 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by The Sarge
From what i remember he didn't know what the tech from the first Terminator was...... thats why they were doing research and tests on it. If you remember it took the terminator and Sarah to tell MBD the story after Arnie cut his skin off his arm.
Yeah but he "Will" figure it out in the future. That's what the question is about. How "Will" he figure it out since it is so much more advanced than technology of that day.

A better question reguarding terminator is how Sean Connor could send back his own father in the first place? If he had to send back his own father how was he ever born. That would make time travel...ahhh it hurts my brain to figure it out.
That always bothered me also. It's like saying there are many dimensions, with many possibilities, existing alongside of our present dimension on a continual path alongside of each other.

Now my head hurts. :confused:

projectMayhem 08-27-04 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by ipezdispenser

peace
That's the one loophole in that series that just infurriates me. Someone was seriously not paying attention when they put that to film.

Ash_Lee 08-27-04 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by ipezdispenser

peace
Also, the fact that the guy dies after travelling BACK in time, means that John wouldn't be able to send him back in time, meaning that he'd never be able to send someone back to "take part" in creating him, meaning that he wouldn't exist. And if that happened, then the machines wouldn't have needed to send someone back in time to take him out, which means that the computer chip from the first Terminator in the first film would never have been found and developed, which means that Cybernet wouldn't have been created, which means that the war with the machines wouldn't have happened anyway so there wouldn't have been any need to send someone back to protect Sara Connor...

Oh forget it, it's not worth it.