Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   The Television & Music Forum (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Better Call Saul...whatcha think? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=38961)

earlsmoviepicks 02-26-15 03:44 PM

Better Call Saul...whatcha think?

http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/a...psqe7ff4yg.jpg

This Breaking Bad spinoff recently started up by BB kings Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould, featuring Bob Odenkirk as talented attorney Saul Goodman, whose clientele consists of questionable characters bringing in bags of cash.

This one is a real treat for me. It takes its time slowly showing Saul's career baptism and growth. And of course along the way we are also treated to some of our favorite characters from Breaking Bad. Compelling character, and done up right! Love the show so far.

christine 02-26-15 03:51 PM

Re: Better Call Saul...whatcha think?

I'm loving it too! He was always a great character in BB, and this back story is perfect at starting to give us his inner Saul . Loving Mike as the miserable parking attendant , and Tuco and the grandma too. The brother is funny too. I like the way that Jimmy/Saul has his vulnerable side as well as his wiseass too.

MovieMeditation 02-26-15 03:54 PM

It's a fine show, I enjoy watching it. But obviously Breaking Bad is a thousand times better, and I guess that's also once in a lifetime stuff. But Better Call Saul is great for what it is, Saul is a great character to follow and I look forward to each new episode.

Sedai 02-26-15 04:03 PM

Great stuff so far - I plan to keep watching!

doubledenim 02-26-15 07:12 PM

I dig it. The flashbacks from the camera work on BB pull on me. There has yet to be anything with Odenkirk that I don't like. His brother and his situation are intriguing, as well as Mike's job (You know he is working there because of some ulterior motive). The only problem is I don't have time to watch it.

"You are the worst lawyer, the worst lawyer ever!" "Hey, I talked you down from a death sentence to six months' probation!" Jimmy argues. "I'm the best lawyer ever." :yup:

This and Justified are just piling up on me.

Holden Pike 02-26-15 07:32 PM

Excellent.

Arran82 03-09-15 06:27 PM

Im loving it so far.

Arran82 03-11-15 09:52 AM

Got myself up to date and i have to say this is very good, well worth watching unlike 99% of spin-offs.

90sAce 03-11-15 09:53 AM

I've been wanting to watch this - I heard it's supposed to be more comedic and lighthearted than the original Breaking Bad show, right?

Yoda 03-11-15 09:56 AM

Most of it. Last night's episode sure wasn't, though.

TONGO 03-11-15 09:57 AM

Solid and strong.

seanc 03-11-15 10:00 AM

Haven't seen Monday's yet but I have been very pleasently surprised. I thought it would end up being a farce when I first heard about it. They are doing a good job walking the line between comedy and drama. I really like the tone. Fun show thus far.

Camo 03-11-15 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1268642)
Most of it. Last night's episode sure wasn't, though.
That episode was fantastic. Breaking Bad quality episode IMO.

Sedai 03-11-15 10:05 AM

GREAT show, and last night's episode just knocked it out of the park.

Camo 03-11-15 10:08 AM

There's some award talk going on around Jonathan Banks performance in that ep.

Austruck 03-13-15 12:28 PM

As much as I adored Odenkirk in Breaking Bad, I was skeptical about this prequel. Boy, was I wrong! I love this show. And here's a fun article about Easter eggs in the show. I didn't catch any of these, but you can bet now I'll start looking for them:

http://apnews1.iwon.com//article/201...13dc22e58.html

MovieMeditation 03-13-15 12:35 PM

I enjoy watching this show, but it's a little up and down for me. My favourite episode was probably the one with Tuco in the desert and all... That is, until this weeks episode! Holy crap that was great.

I know it's a Saul prequel, but I'm glad they aren't afraid of putting light on other characters we know and love as well, and this Mike-centered episode was amazing, and you have never seen him quite like this before. This was well written, well put together, and I really enjoyed it. I hope it only rises in quality from now on!

Yoda 03-13-15 12:40 PM

You could slot that last Mike episode right into the middle of Breaking Bad, as a flashback/origin story episode, and I don't think you'd be able to guess it was from another show.

MovieMeditation 03-13-15 01:47 PM

Correct. But I don't care, as I said. I pray Mike run into Gus Fring at some point and we get to revisit his character once again - my favourite from BB and one of my fav's of all time from a TV show.

seanc 03-13-15 02:05 PM

I loved Gus as well but I don't know if I am in a hurry to see him here. Gus worked so well for me because he was this super villain that Walt was trying to aspire to. I think I want to keep him that way in mind. I don't know. I trust these guys at this point so wherever they go I am sure they will make it work. I still haven't seen the last episode BTW. I usually watch it over the weekend. Looking forward to it because of how you guys are talking about it.

earlsmoviepicks 03-16-15 02:51 PM

Missed a couple weeks and just watched the Mike/son episode, WOW. They raised the bar so high on that one.

Austruck 03-24-15 05:40 PM

I'm still loving this show and am so pleased it's doing so incredibly well in the ratings. It has its own feeling and flavor and the non-BREAKING BAD characters are all awesome in their own right, especially Michael McKean as Chuck. Understated but perfectly cast. Jimmy/Saul's ambivalence about how to treat him now that it's clear it's psychosomatic is well played by Odenkirk.

This next part of my post is a little bit "spoilery" if you are watching BETTER CALL SAUL but have not watched BREAKING BAD...

Having said all that, it's now hit me that our Jimmy is essentially a good guy at this point. He's trying to do right by people, even though he's a bit of a self-advertiser at times. (Loved the Bingo cards with his silhouette on them and the Jell-O cups with his info, etc. And the billboard scene was great.) But, he's mostly there for the little guy and I really root for him in every episode.

The fact that I know where he's going to end up makes me a little sad, to be honest. I want to see him continue to pull himself up by his own bootstraps and outsmart the corporate types and the lying, cheating client-wannabes. (The Kettlemans were hilarious and I'll miss them.) :) But at some point we'll start to see him becoming the "criminal lawyer" that Jesse Pinkman recommends to Walter White a few years down the line.

I feel a little unsettled about that upcoming change, so I hope this show lasts for a nice handful of seasons first and that Jimmy/Saul's downward spiral takes a good, long time.

Sedai 03-30-15 02:05 PM

I came to the same conclusion after watching the latest couple of episodes over the weekend; we are watching another guy break bad. The last couple of episodes have been so well done! Really starting to get into this show...

Yoda 03-30-15 02:15 PM

Yeah, I'm pretty into it at this point. I feel very confident we're in good hands here. They've got me interested everything going on, even if/when it doesn't relate to Breaking Bad.

I read an interview with Gilligan and someone else where they suggested the last two episodes (IE: the next two) of the season were different than the others. Can't wait to find out what that means.

foster 03-30-15 03:07 PM

It's okay but I feel like it's going to get better.

seanc 03-30-15 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Sedai (Post 1277961)
I came to the same conclusion after watching the latest couple of episodes over the weekend; we are watching another guy break bad. The last couple of episodes have been so well done! Really starting to get into this show...
It was sorta in the back of my mind from the slipping Jimmy stuff from episode 2 but last episode I really started thinking about what is going to push Jimmy over the edge to a full on criminal. He is trying insanely hard to stay honest and what element will do it remains to be seen.

I also agree with Yoda that they have me interested in every element of the show. Mike being involved was the initial hook but now I think I am even more interested in where the story line with his brother goes.

I will marry these two thoughts by saying my guess would be something tragic and avoidable happens with his brother and that is what starts the Jimmy to Saul break bad.

foster 03-30-15 03:18 PM

yeah his brother is his conscience.. he has to go for sal to become a criminal lawyer

earlsmoviepicks 03-30-15 06:48 PM

I am loving the way the creators went against the temptation to cash in on the momentum of BB, and took their time with the story and evolution of the characters to create a brand new original show.

Yoda 03-30-15 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by foster (Post 1278012)
yeah his brother is his conscience.. he has to go for sal to become a criminal lawyer
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/4d/4dcf...715b1d1d48.jpg

Austruck 03-31-15 01:09 AM

Well, seanc ... you were essentially right (and I thought the same thing).

The Slipping Jimmy slippery slope has begun. :(

earlsmoviepicks 03-31-15 01:19 PM

Last night's episode was so horrible and delicious at the same time

seanc 04-02-15 10:34 PM

Just watched best episode of the season so far. Really feels like we have a two pronged spin-off now which is more then fine by me. Both Saul and Mike stories were firing on all cylinders, I loved it. How about the scene with Mike and the other two goons. You pretty much know how this is going down the entire time but it never matters. The story telling keeps you mesmerized the entire time. It was just like Breaking Bad at its best. This episode cliched this show being must watch for me.

christine 04-03-15 07:09 PM

Caught up now so I can read all your posts :)
Poor Jimmy, not good enough for the law firm and not even good enough for his brother . What terrible snobs :(
He's a good guy up to now. Despite his brashness he has a way with the elderly. I'm afraid for him now :(

seanc 04-03-15 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by christine (Post 1279664)
Caught up now so I can read all your posts :)
Poor Jimmy, not good enough for the law firm and not even good enough for his brother . What terrible snobs :(
He's a good guy up to now. Despite his brashness he has a way with the elderly. I'm afraid for him now :(
They have done a phenomenal job of making Jimmy a sympathetic character. I don't think that was a small feat either. Gilligan has put together a great team of storytellers.

Sedai 05-05-15 03:39 PM

The last few episodes were so well done. Loving this show!

90sAce 05-05-15 03:49 PM

About to start watching this, going to start with the Five-O episode because I heard it is the best so far

MovieMeditation 05-05-15 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by 90sAce (Post 1303518)
About to start watching this, going to start with the Five-O episode because I heard it is the best so far
You gonna start in the middle of a show? :skeptical:

seanc 05-05-15 04:00 PM

Yeah watch the whole thing 90's Ace. Not that many episodes and none are particularly weak.

90sAce 05-05-15 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by MovieMeditation (Post 1303521)
You gonna start in the middle of a show? :skeptical:
Doesn't bother me much, I rarely watch an entire show all the way through - even ones that I love like Sopranos or Breaking Bad; just don't have time. That's what cliff notes are for.

90sAce 05-05-15 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by seanc (Post 1303522)
Yeah watch the whole thing 90's Ace. Not that many episodes and none are particularly weak.
If it's good enough I just might do that; since it's early enough in the season I won't have to spend too many hours catching up.

seanc 05-05-15 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by 90sAce (Post 1303524)
Originally Posted by seanc (Post 1303522)
If it's good enough I just might do that; since it's early enough in the season I won't have to spend too many hours catching up.
Season is over but it was only ten episodes.

MovieMeditation 05-05-15 04:32 PM

I honesty was a little disappointed overall with this show.

It had seriously many flaws, though 2-3 episodes were really great. Rest was either good enough or just a little mediocre, and the show was generally all over the place. Hopefully the second season will be better...

90sAce 05-05-15 05:16 PM

It's not as good as breaking bad, but the characters Saul and Mike are really entertaining

christine 05-06-15 01:10 AM

Watched all the episodes now and enjoyed it. I'm glad they included the laconic Mike in the series, his back story added another dimension to the plot.

Kaplan 05-12-15 08:54 AM

I finally got around to watching the first season last week, and I was hooked big time 3 episodes in, and then the show just seemed to lose focus and meander. I enjoyed it, but it was a very inconsistent season, with a terrible season finale. But obviously it has a lot of potential moving forward, and I do enjoy following the character of Saul.

90sAce 05-17-15 06:26 PM

Not sure if I'll watch this religiously as much as I like Breaking Bad; I think I'll focus more on Empire and The Blacklist - but I'm still open to including a 3rd show in my watch list.

If not I'll probably still grab an episode of this from time to time.

doubledenim 02-11-16 05:27 AM

Finally watched episode 3 :rotfl:. Glad to see these are on Netflix. I should be able to knock em' down fast enough to enjoy season 2 in something that resembles real time.

Yoda 03-02-16 06:10 PM

It's tough watching this, knowing how Jimmy's gonna end up, but still rooting for him to keep his life together. Sadface.

Also, anyone else wondering about his daughter-in-law, with the bullet thing? Is she imagining it out of grief and fear, or stringing him along? I lean towards the former, but I'm not sure.

MovieMeditation 03-02-16 06:23 PM

I have to be honest, season 1 was just not good. There was like three solid episodes and then Mike... uh, and one of those solid episodes was centered on Mike... So yeah. A part from that it was a mess with uninteresting characters, except for those we knew, and unresolved plotlines or simply plotlines that went nowhere or took too long to get going. I also think people are afraid to criticize or afraid to admit that the show isn't great, since it's the "breaking bad" universe or whatever.

I'll probably see the first 3 episodes or so of season 2, but if nothing catches me I'm not gonna bother finishing it...

foster 03-02-16 06:43 PM

eventually they could go to present day and have him pull his life back together again

earlsmoviepicks 03-09-16 08:21 PM

I am really liking season 2.

christine 03-15-16 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by earlsmoviepicks (Post 1475020)
I am really liking season 2.
Me too :)

Austruck 03-15-16 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by MovieMeditation (Post 1469859)
I have to be honest, season 1 was just not good. There was like three solid episodes and then Mike... uh, and one of those solid episodes was centered on Mike... So yeah. A part from that it was a mess with uninteresting characters, except for those we knew, and unresolved plotlines or simply plotlines that went nowhere or took too long to get going. I also think people are afraid to criticize or afraid to admit that the show isn't great, since it's the "breaking bad" universe or whatever.

I'll probably see the first 3 episodes or so of season 2, but if nothing catches me I'm not gonna bother finishing it...
See, I'm LOVING this series, and I started out with completely the opposite expectations. Meaning, I had NONE. I fully expected this spinoff to suck eggs. Sure, I adored Saul Goodman on Breaking Bad. Who didn't? But I just assumed this spinoff was just a cheap way to cash in on a fun character in a popular series.

I assumed I would NOT like it. I was pleasantly surprised. I am thoroughly enjoying watching Jimmy McGill creep ever so slowly from a (mostly) good guy toward the sheister we know he becomes. I'm rooting for Jimmy, even knowing already where he will end up. I wish it was different, but even knowing his future hasn't tarnished how I feel about learning his past.

The complexity of characters works so well here. Jimmy is nuanced -- ultimately a situational-ethics guy, but yet we root for him. Kim Wexler is a good, solid attorney who really likes our Jimmy, but we now see her resolve crumbling a little as Chuck tells her some of Jimmy's past. You can see it in her eyes as she listens that this rings true to her own experience with Jimmy.

And even the folks most typically gunning for Bad Guy status (Chuck, Howard) aren't always so bad. They are strangely principled. Even though we know Chuck is talking to Kim in the wee hours of the morning because he's trying to undermine the relationship Kim has with Jimmy, we can see his reasoning quite clearly. As charming as Jimmy is, he *does* struggle with attorney ethics... in ways Kim does not. Chuck is merely appealing to her better nature.

The same thing with Howard. He's not a completely bad guy. He's got right on his side. So does Cliff at Davis & Main.

So what do we do with these good-and-bad characters, including Jimmy? We watch it play out, fascinated with all the steps inching us slowly from Jimmy to Saul. It's like a train wreck in ultra-slow-motion.

BTW, watching Mike's slow exposure to Tuco and his thugs and relatives is a ton of fun, too. Seeing Salamanca again (and hearing him talk!) was incredibly entertaining at this stage in the story.

I'm enjoying both parts of this series... seeing how both Jimmy and Mike's stories got to where we first see them in Breaking Bad.

I don't see the characters as simplistic or undeveloped. I don't see the plotlines that way, either. Perhaps you are just not paying enough attention. There is plenty going on to keep us entertained.

My two cents. :)

cinemajack 03-15-16 11:06 PM

Can we give Rhea Seehorn an Emmy nomination for her performance last episode?

TONGO 08-17-16 01:27 AM

Whoooooa! Season 2 is much better than 1, at least so far. Ive just finished episode 4. Great scene between Mike and Tuco, and am glad theyre spending at least equal time with Mike as imo Bob Odenkirk is good, but not Brian Cranston good. Meaning it cant be a one man show to pull it off.

I hope and expect them to introduce Gus, and Im sure itll even be better. Growing strong as time goes on, just like Breaking Bad did. :yup:

TONGO 08-22-16 09:45 PM

You know who I think is sneaking up on me and Im enjoying as a character? Howard! Hes like a robot, a Stepford Lawyer, and then hes not & does something quite human/cool.
Im about to start S02E08....

http://images.amcnetworks.com/amc.co...07-800x450.jpg

seanc 08-22-16 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 1565917)
You know who I think is sneaking up on me and Im enjoying as a character? Howard! Hes like a robot, a Stepford Lawyer, and then hes not & does something quite human/cool.
Im about to start S02E08....

http://images.amcnetworks.com/amc.co...07-800x450.jpg
I hope season 2 hits Netflix soon. I really enjoyed season 1 but missed season 2 while it was airing.

cricket 08-22-16 10:01 PM

I didn't even know about this. I'm going to start it this week.

TONGO 08-22-16 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by cricket (Post 1565940)
I didn't even know about this. I'm going to start it this week.
Season 1 is....ok. No Breaking Bad by any means, but season 2 is great.

TONGO 08-23-16 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by seanc (Post 1565926)
I hope season 2 hits Netflix soon. I really enjoyed season 1 but missed season 2 while it was airing.
Same. Its noticably better.

WARNING: spoilers below
Im really enjoying Mikes dance with the mexican cartel. It shows Hector before the stroke (that actors been around forever just like Jonathan Banks, wouldnt be surprised thats how he got the job). and how Mike was loathe to kill....still had alot of cop left in him.

Even the dynamic between Chuck & Jimmy has improved now that the "cats out of the bag" in regards to Chucks true feelings about him.

Rhea Seahorn deserved an emmy nomination for her work this season.

http://www.fetchland.com/wp-content/...03/SaulKim.jpg

Halfway done with S02E09, only one more to go.

TONGO 08-23-16 11:57 AM

Oh and how can I forget?! Michael McKean who I loved all the way back in the days of Laverne & Shirley! Solid actor, I really feel good when my childhood stars get work. :)

http://www.denofgeek.us/sites/denofg...29_h352_2x.jpg

http://www.ew.com/sites/default/file...?itok=jHsHipq4

TONGO 08-23-16 03:55 PM

DEADWOOD sighting!!

Lawson the gun dealer who made an appearance in the Breaking Bad finale, has recurred his precuring role ? , and has already made a few appearances on Saul. Jim Beaver was great in Deadwood, and like all of them, I really wish he got more work.

http://www.hereistheshake.com/wp-con.../04/lawson.png

TONGO 08-23-16 04:51 PM

AUGH!

Augh! This is why I binge watch seasons, to avoid cliffhanger problems like this! They ended it there?! oh balls

Great watch! Liked it more than season 1 in bunches. :yup: People say cable has the advantage should watch the directing of this show, just the basic skills of storytelling, and point to something on the major networks that can hang. I doubt its out there.

Austruck 08-23-16 05:05 PM

Michael McKean's been working steadily since Laverne & Shirley. (All those Christopher Guest mockumentaries, for one thing.) It's ol' Squiggy who kinda fell off the face of the earth.

Factoid: Both actors attended Carnegie Mellon's drama program, but neither one graduated. Rumor has it that they got kicked out for impersonating the instructors, though I suspect that is more of an urban legend around these parts here in Pittsburgh. :)

cricket 11-06-16 09:15 PM

Just watched the first episode of season 1. It was good, not great, but I am confident it will be a very good show.

Yoda 11-06-16 09:25 PM

Yeah, it doesn't start off gangbusters. I'd say every single episode is good (which is really something, all by itself), but it was only occasionally great in the first season, and it wasn't consistently so until the second.

seanc 11-06-16 09:34 PM

I really liked the first season so am excited when I hear how much better season 2 is. I'm waiting for Netflix, some circumstances got me behind and didn't want to miss any episodes. I think the show is pretty funny.

TONGO 11-06-16 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by seanc (Post 1603416)
I really liked the first season so am excited when I hear how much better season 2 is. I'm waiting for Netflix, some circumstances got me behind and didn't want to miss any episodes. I think the show is pretty funny.
I agree with Yoda, and I think its gonna rev up even further in season 3.

seanc 11-06-16 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by TONGO (Post 1603418)
I agree with Yoda, and I think its gonna rev up even further in season 3. 99.9% sure theyll [SPOILER REDCATED].
WARNING: "Better Call Saul" spoilers below

That will be great news for me. I love Gus.

TONGO 11-06-16 09:43 PM

Ugh! I took it out and you quoted me capturing the possible spoiler for Cricket to see :eek: THE HUMANITY!

Yoda 11-06-16 09:44 PM

Did some quick edits, you're good. :up:

seanc 11-06-16 09:50 PM

My bad, didn't think that would count as a spoiler.

Yoda 01-13-17 12:46 PM

!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_3WzxpdUc0

Camo 01-13-17 12:50 PM

Love the first comment:

i feel like i've seen that guy somewhere, his face rings a bell...
Really need to watch Season 2, watched the first two episodes but i still haven't got back to it.

MovieMeditation 01-13-17 03:58 PM

I watched freaking TWO SEASONS of this show and expected Gus to come on every god damn time, especially as some sort of cliffhanger... I left disappointed each time.

BUT... is now the time?! IT SURE LOOKS LIKE I!!! If Gus's in it... this season's gonna be AMAZEBALLS!

Movie Max 01-13-17 04:10 PM

I hope they update the fashion statements within the show. A big shot like Chuck, should really only be wearing gold foil blankets.:D

Yoda 01-19-17 10:59 AM

This guerrilla marketing is really getting out of hand.

https://twitter.com/EmilKiehne/statu...95772334391297

TONGO 01-19-17 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1629901)
This guerrilla marketing is really getting out of hand.

https://twitter.com/EmilKiehne/statu...95772334391297
Uh, sorry if Im being stupid, but why did you post this in the Better Call Saul thread? Because its in Albequerque? :)

Yoda 01-19-17 07:39 PM

Well, that, and a controversial lawyer, too. Just thought it was funny how much it sounded like something from the show.

TONGO 01-19-17 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1630144)
Well, that, and a controversial lawyer, too. Just thought it was funny how much it sounded like something from the show.
Well that lawyer should have his own spinoff show. Sounds like a 21st century version of Judge Roy Bean.

Dani8 02-04-17 03:57 PM

Counting down the days. Very few shows have me hanging out for the next episode each week.

dteam6 02-04-17 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Dani8 (Post 1637238)
Counting down the days. Very few shows have me hanging out for the next episode each week.
I can't wait to see Gus again!

It's all turning out exactly as I was thinking it would: Gus will be inexeperienced and I feel that Mike will help Gus improve his operation which will, in turn, lead to Gus respecting and trusting Mike and offering him a full time job. Perhaps Mike is even the one who started the whole organization of Gus' foot soldiers.

Dani8 02-04-17 04:33 PM

He looks great in that cheesy ad. Loving it.

Yoda 02-04-17 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by dteam6 (Post 1637253)
Gus will be inexeperienced and I feel that Mike will help Gus improve his operation which will, in turn, lead to Gus respecting and trusting Mike and offering him a full time job.
This is interesting: it hadn't occurred to me that, when we meet Gus, he won't already be the cold-blooded badass he was in Breaking Bad. I'm not sure of the timeline, but I get the impression that flashback we saw to his cartel days came before whatever we're about to see in season 3, so I think he'll already be pretty Gus-like (rather than Gus-lite). But I'm eager to find out!

Dani8 02-04-17 04:45 PM

LOL @ Gus-Lite.

dteam6 02-06-17 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda (Post 1637267)
This is interesting: it hadn't occurred to me that, when we meet Gus, he won't already be the cold-blooded badass he was in Breaking Bad. I'm not sure of the timeline, but I get the impression that flashback we saw to his cartel days came before whatever we're about to see in season 3, so I think he'll already be pretty Gus-like (rather than Gus-lite). But I'm eager to find out!
The creators referred to Gus in his Better Call Saul debut as "immature". I believe that to mean that he's still building his business and not quite "there" yet.

I see him as someone who knows how to peddle product but Mike sees it as an opportunity to help Gus improve his infrastructure. We know in Breaking Bad that Mike vetted every single "thug" in Gus' organization. Mike was, more or less, the manager of the foot soldiers. I also have a running theory that Mike's connection to Nacho will lead him to having a connection with his future partner, Victor, from Breaking Bad.

Dani8 02-06-17 06:35 PM

dt, where have you been, mate. You brought me here then I ran amok without you.

dteam6 02-06-17 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Dani8 (Post 1637274)
LOL @ Gus-Lite.
Yeah, I'm thinking he will still have a bit of that naivety that he had in that flashback but with BB Gus intermingled.

dteam6 02-06-17 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Dani8 (Post 1638843)
dt, where have you been, mate. You brought me here then I ran amok without you.
Sorry, Danloki--I've been busy offline and I've been dividing my time between this board and IMDB. I'm still referring friends here and still figuring out how to find threads here.

Sorry about that! S'all good, man! ;)

Dani8 02-06-17 07:09 PM

nahhh it's fine. You know me. Not exactly the shy retiring type. Good to see you back.

dteam6 02-06-17 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Dani8 (Post 1638875)
nahhh it's fine. You know me. Not exactly the shy retiring type. Good to see you back.
No one else from the Saul board is interested in joining? None have PM'd me. Have they spoken with you at all? We could have this thread up to 50 pages in a week with the gang here. :p

Anyway, about Saul--did you hear about the increased Jesse rumors for Season 3? It sounds like it might really happen this time! My theory? That "all Gene" episode that's been rumored for Season 3 will be the one to feature Jesse. Aaron Paul can't pass for a high school teen anymore and this is a great way to utilize him. I, for one, would love to see a resolution (hopefully a happy one) to Jesse's story.

Dani8 02-06-17 07:23 PM

I spoke to a friend of yours - I mentioned him in a pm to you, but I havent seen him back on the board after the usual suspect hijacked it trying to do his usual of calling me and another poster trolls. You know, the cranky old man biatch sitting on a bowl of sour grapes.

dteam6 02-06-17 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Dani8 (Post 1638892)
I spoke to a friend of yours - I mentioned him in a pm to you, but I havent seen him back on the board after the usual suspect hijacked it trying to do his usual of calling me and another poster trolls. You know, the cranky old man biatch sitting on a bowl of sour grapes.
Ah, yes. I'm so glad to be rid of him. No love lost with "bunnyburro" or whatever his name was either.

Dani8 02-06-17 07:34 PM

I think he was just a kid. You know, the giggly teens who love to tell fans of a show they like performing fellatio on the show runners. The other one, however, is a very bitter old man. I bet he's a writer for daytime soaps and got a bug up his colon being knocked back to write on the show because he sure hates Vince. It's quite irrational..

As for Jesse, I havent seen those rumours.

dteam6 02-06-17 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Dani8 (Post 1638905)
I think he was just a kid. You know, the giggly teens who love to tell fans of a show they like performing fellatio on the show runners. The other one, however, is a very bitter old man. I bet he's a writer for daytime soaps and got a bug up his colon being knocked back to write on the show because he sure hates Vince. It's quite irrational..

As for Jesse, I havent seen those rumours.
Yeah, he clearly has a bug up his butt. There is another poster on IMDB who also hates Vince and spends 100% of his time bashing him on the X-Files boards. THAT guy was confirmed to have sent a script to the company only to have them shred it. His own words. Maybe something similar happened to the old man.

Well, Aaron Paul said something like: "Maybe I already filmed my scene" when asked in an interview. We all know that Paul likes to tease us like that but Paul had a slip up in that interview and said something like: "We just--THEY just finished filming". Again, it could be another elaborate prank of his but he seemed to actually screw up in that interview when they asked him. There were several news articles about it, so this rumor has gained a lot more traction than the past ones.

Dani8 02-06-17 08:10 PM

LOL. Good on Aaron. Have you seen The Path? He's good in that and a very different role, but I have issues with that show. It'snot coming together for me. I;m sure the showrunner is an SJW because she just lobs in different agendas for diversity.

Dani8 02-15-17 02:24 PM

Rude word warning but thought this BCS meme was funny. Going to link it rather than post as a pic due to f bomb. Hope this is ok. If not, Yoda's henchmen can smack me. I think it's Destiny's turn to paddle my derriere. Hi Destiny. Please be gentle.

https://scontent.fadl1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...80&oe=594BD515

Movie Max 02-17-17 11:47 AM

IMDB thread hijack! Gus does not like!

http://seriable.com/wp-content/uploa...b-esposito.jpg

Dani8 02-17-17 01:56 PM

I love me some Gustavo.

Sarge 02-18-17 08:55 PM

Slippin Jimmy McGill :cool: