Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Forums Site Stuff (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Best Part About Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=1120)

sadesdrk 10-05-01 02:19 PM

Poll:the best part about movie forums

Here's your chance.Why do you keep coming back to Movie Forums.com?Put it out on the table for all to see.

sadesdrk 10-05-01 02:20 PM

That's my vote.If I didn't put your favorite part on there,then post it.:)

thmilin 10-05-01 06:06 PM

mine is actually a combo of 1 and 3 ...

sades, yes, i meant to tell you before - you're wanted! i want you all! you all are beautiful!!

:)

spudracer 10-05-01 10:50 PM

I would have to say mine is a combo of 1,2,3,4 & 6. Very good idea for a thread Sades. :D

Yoda 10-06-01 01:23 PM

Yes, very good idea: it allows me to bask in the glory of my own greatness, or something like that. :D And, of course, it honestly is valuable information at this point.

sadesdrk 10-08-01 04:02 PM

coolness...I actually thought this poll got deleted because I posted it in Intermission.I hope people find it over here.It took me awhile to find where it went.Thmilin-You're the one who changed my mind to stay...I love you.:)Spdrcr-thanks for the props,and thanks for defending me on the Kyra thing.I kinda shot my mouth off without thinking,and Chris deleted a post in her thread(it was pretty funny,but I'm glad it's gone:D)

spudracer 10-08-01 04:10 PM

You know you can delete your posts too Sades. I think I've posted a couple things before I regretted so I deleted them. I would rather be someone's friend rather than their enemy.

But anyways, I can't see why people find problems with this site, it's user-friendly, and everyone here is helpful in one way or another.

sadesdrk 10-08-01 04:22 PM

Yeah...I was on my way to deleting it...Chris just beat me to it.I'm glad we have that option...it feels bad to have to get an e-mail from Chris...I felt like a bad girl...:(I hope you keep the option to delete.(OG said something about not keeping it?)

Yoda 10-08-01 04:49 PM

Yeah, I might have to ditch that option in the future...because it allows people to delete entire threads that they've started, basically.

sadesdrk 10-08-01 05:30 PM

huh,that kind-of sucks.There's no way to keep the option to delete posts,and not threads?

Yoda 10-08-01 05:34 PM

Not sure...I'll have to look into it...but even the power to delete posts is a bit unnerving. It would really mess up certain discussions if a crucial post or something is deleted down the line.

OG- 10-08-01 06:13 PM

Thats what Moderators are for!
<-------- :D:D

spudracer 10-08-01 06:53 PM

Well moderators aren't always doing their job. :D

Not trying to be mean, but it seems to me that its only just a title sometimes. But like I said, not trying to be mean. I think you guys do a good job keeping the peace so to speak. :)

OG- 10-08-01 07:09 PM

I've only used my powers a few times, and mainly to censor words or phrases that shouldn't of been said. I haven't really seen much that I'd need to moderate...

Yoda 10-08-01 07:19 PM

Yeah, Spud is right...don't worry, no one is upset Spud. :) Peter has very rarely had to moderate anything...mainly because I'm so obsessed with keeping my own site running smoothly, and because the site isn't all that big just yet. It's mostly just a precaution, in case I'm not around.

ryanpaige 10-08-01 07:20 PM

Originally posted by TWTCommish
Not sure...I'll have to look into it...but even the power to delete posts is a bit unnerving. It would really mess up certain discussions if a crucial post or something is deleted down the line.
Even if the delete feature is taken away, people can still mess with continuity by editing their post to delete all the information within and thereby leaving an empty post.

Yoda 10-08-01 07:26 PM

Yeah, I know...but it's the lesser of two evils, IMO. The editing, at least, is absolutely necessary. The web development forums I frequent now and then feature people who feel the need to delete their original computer question once it's answered...why, though, is beyond me. :)

spudracer 10-08-01 11:12 PM

I have learned that even though you figure something out after posting its always good to leave it up for those that might have the same problem sooner or later and need some advice.

thmilin 10-09-01 01:51 AM

sades, i love you too. glad i convinced you to stay! :D

OG, you suck! it's not fair. now you get the big bad title and i have to run around and play second fiddle. no one will remember the glory that was Ms. Thmilin Moderator in another ... day ... or so. :(

*sob*

oh sades, hold me, hold me!!

sadesdrk 10-09-01 02:10 PM

LOL...awe thmilin,there,there*pats your head* I'll remember you.Someday you will bask in the glory that is Ms.Thmilin...these boys need titles,hon,it makes them feel special.;)