Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   General Movie Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   what is the longest movie you have ever had to sit through? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=46295)

Luxion 07-27-16 04:08 AM

what is the longest movie you have ever had to sit through?

was it a good or bad experience? Mine would have to be The Last Emperor. I enjoyed it, but there's no way that cricket could have lived that long is there?
Feeling that I have to sit through a movie is rare, recently I saw The Monuments Men and it seemingly went on forever because there's not a dime's worth of excitement or danger in it but I felt like I had to sit through it because I work at a theater and I wanted to know the whole film in case I'm asked about it while working.

StanleyKubrick 07-27-16 04:31 AM

Persona.it is not a long movie(1h25min)but it felt like 4 hours.it is a good movie but it was extremely boring.on the other side,the longest movie i have seen it was Once Upon a Time in America(3h49min)

MovieMeditation 07-27-16 04:35 AM

The longest movie I ever saw in one sitting (maybe outside of a 1 min pee break, I can't remember), was Once Upon a Time in America with its 4 hours and 11 minutes worth of film. I loved it though, so it was a great experience.

Another one has to be the director's cut of Lars von Trier's Nymphomaniac, which I saw at a press screening. Despite the two volumes, it is seen and intended as a complete film. There was a 20 minute break between the two volumes, but apart from that I sat through it all in its 5 hour and 30 minute glory!

neiba 07-27-16 04:48 AM

Re: what is the longest movie you have ever had to sit through?

In one sitting, Once Upon a Time in América! It felt shorter than any Woody Allen movie though!

Gideon58 07-27-16 11:05 AM

Get Him to the Greek...the movie was an hour 49 minutes, but it felt like four hours. On a more serous note, I think my real answer to this question would be Saving Private Ryan...God, I didn't think that movie was ever going to end.

TONGO 07-27-16 11:06 AM

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ine_Poster.jpg

Terrence Malick is the most overrated director in the history of cinema.

Swan 07-27-16 11:07 AM

All y'alls lives.

banality 07-27-16 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by StanleyKubrick (Post 1551213)
Persona.it is not a long movie(1h25min)but it felt like 4 hours.it is a good movie but it was extremely boring.on the other side,the longest movie i have seen it was Once Upon a Time in America(3h49min)
I'd rather be dead than rewatch Persona

Swan 07-27-16 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by banality (Post 1551274)
BANALITY *SLAP*

banality 07-27-16 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 1551276)
BANALITY *SLAP*
It's the same with half of Antonioni's films, I can't watch people sit around peeling potatoes in the peasant houses.

Swan 07-27-16 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by banality (Post 1551278)
It's the same with half of Antonioni's films, I can't watch people sit around peeling potatoes in the peasant houses.
Don't watch The Turin Horse then, you'll hate it. It's all about potatoes.

Miss Vicky 07-27-16 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by StanleyKubrick (Post 1551213)
Persona.it is not a long movie(1h25min)but it felt like 4 hours.
That's exactly how I felt about Dr. Strangelove - and it was torturous. I didn't find Persona boring at all.

The longest movie I've seen was probably Gone With the Wind but I watched half of it one night and the other half the next. Schindler's List is probably the longest movie I've sat all the way through. Both are very good films.

banality 07-27-16 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 1551279)
Don't watch The Turin Horse then, you'll hate it. It's all about potatoes.
You show me someone who likes Bela Tarr and I'll show you a liar

Swan 07-27-16 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by banality (Post 1551285)
http://i.imgur.com/7OGljtZ.gif

SeeingisBelieving 07-27-16 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Luxion (Post 1551212)
was it a good or bad experience? Mine would have to be The Last Emperor. I enjoyed it, but there's no way that cricket could have lived that long is there?
Feeling that I have to sit through a movie is rare, recently I saw The Monuments Men and it seemingly went on forever because there's not a dime's worth of excitement or danger in it but I felt like I had to sit through it because I work at a theater and I wanted to know the whole film in case I'm asked about it while working.
Probably The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, which I liked more than the other two films as there was more variety on show. I can't remember actually sitting down and watching one of the old epics, such as Ben Hur, all the way through.

Mäx 07-27-16 11:43 AM

Dancing With Wolves. The Director's Cut is just a few minutes short of four hours.

StanleyKubrick 07-27-16 11:53 AM

i find out about a movie (Sátántangó) 7h30 min.why would somone make such a long movie?

Mr Minio 07-27-16 12:01 PM

Melancholia (2008) - 450 minutes

banality 07-27-16 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by StanleyKubrick (Post 1551317)
i find out about a movie (Sátántangó) 7h30 min.why would somone make such a long movie?
Really makes you think

Movie Max 07-27-16 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mäx (Post 1551307)
Dancing With Wolves. The Director's Cut is just a few minutes short of four hours.
Just checked the back of the Collector's Edition DVD, 236 min. I actually enjoyed the additional 50 min. and the movie didn't feel that long to me. I didn't even realize it was almost 4 hours. I got the Extended Version after seeing it air on TV and realizing that I never saw certain parts, a lot of parts. Excellent movie.

Citizen Rules 07-27-16 12:39 PM

I love that movie, I actually want to watch the director's cut.:p

Ange1e4e5 07-27-16 01:03 PM

Gone with the Wind.

AboveTheClouds 07-27-16 01:10 PM

I don't know if this is legit or not, but this is still worth posting.

720 Hour(30 day) long film. The Trailer is 72 minutes.

Personally though, I think it's either the Lord of the Rings trilogy or maybe Seven Samurai.

Movie Max 07-27-16 01:20 PM

The Deluge (1974)

MovieMeditation 07-27-16 01:32 PM

Oh yeah, I saw that too. I count the DC as the first proper watch of the film. I remember the movie in some shape or form, but I'm not sure if I've ever actually seen it; especially not in full. Anyways, the director's cut of Dances with Wolves was wonderful. Really good and epic cinema.

On the whole Persona discussion... I liked it well enough and the minutes went by pretty fast for me, but it became a little repetitive and slow towards the end. Not that it bothered me too much or took away from the complete experience... but it was noticeable. Still top 3 Bergman for me.

Camo 07-27-16 01:36 PM

In one sitting, Gone With The Wind and Lawrence of Arabia which are about four hours each. Both two of my favourite films. Overall, Shoah which is nine and a half hours long, i watched that over two days in four different sittings. It was tough but i think i got quite a bit out of it even though i'd never watch the whole thing again.

Zeroth 07-27-16 01:40 PM

Sátántangó (1994)

7h 30min

Roommate 07-27-16 02:48 PM

Enter the void. Its only 2h 47min but my god is it a long haul. We use to put it on to clear people out at the end of a party thats how bad it is.

SeeingisBelieving 07-27-16 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Movie Max (Post 1551323)
Just checked the back of the Collector's Edition DVD, 236 min. I actually enjoyed the additional 50 min. and the movie didn't feel that long to me. I didn't even realize it was almost 4 hours. I got the Extended Version after seeing it air on TV and realizing that I never saw certain parts, a lot of parts. Excellent movie.
I'd probably enjoy the extended version as well – never seen it and wasn't aware it existed :p. Great film.

Mäx 07-27-16 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Movie Max (Post 1551323)
Yep, i felt the same way. Definitely need to see that movie again.

Mr Minio 07-27-16 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by banality (Post 1551274)
> Says things like these
> Has Fellini films in his top

Iroquois 07-27-16 10:05 PM

As of writing, I think it might be The Travelling Players (which is about four-and-a-half hours long).

rauldc14 07-27-16 10:07 PM

War and Peace for me

banality 07-27-16 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Minio (Post 1551435)
> Says things like these
> Has Fellini films in his top
What's the controversy?

mark f 07-27-16 10:21 PM

Some ******' long-ass thing.

rauldc14 07-27-16 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by mark f (Post 1551648)
Some ******' long-ass thing.
I'm curious on your real answer.

Swan 07-27-16 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by rauldc14 (Post 1551649)
I'm curious on your real answer.
The v is actually a u.

rauldc14 07-27-16 10:30 PM

No ****ing way!

seanc 07-27-16 10:32 PM

I started Shoah this week. If one sitting is what you want, Jesus Of Nazareth. I was in middle school got to stay home and watch it with mu grandmother. It's okay.

rauldc14 07-27-16 10:34 PM

How could you not finish Shoah in one sitting!

seanc 07-27-16 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by rauldc14 (Post 1551656)
How could you not finish Shoah in one sitting!
I got the jimmy leg

Emily185 07-28-16 04:01 AM

Longest in a theatre was Kiyoshi Kurosawa's Penance, which clocked in at 4.5 hours. But it was a miniseries (they played the episodes back to back), so it might not count.

Longest film was Carlos, which I count as a film since it was made that way (Olivier Assayas pretty much says it's a film, doesn't count it as a miniseries). Other than that, maybe Mysteries of Lisbon.

StanleyKubrick 07-28-16 04:38 PM

i forgot about Dogville.2h58min

Kilgore Trout 07-28-16 08:18 PM

Out 1, which is 12 hours and 53 minutes, saw it in one sitting at a theater. Didn't much care for the first 4-5 hours, hated much of the first 2 actually, but I'm glad I stuck around because then it got rather incredible and is so strong in its last 7 hours or so that I think it's a great movie overall.

Kilgore Trout 07-28-16 08:20 PM

http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151350

Also, what's up with this? From that thread, posted in 2014:

Originally Posted by silentasylum
Are you that same person or did you plagiarize a post from another movie forum?

adamjohnson 07-29-16 05:23 AM

If you count The Decalogue as one movie, then that's it for me. It's 9 hours and 32 minutes long. But since it's really a miniseries that just happened to receive theatrical showings in several countries (including the U.S.), then I think the longest movie not intended as a miniseries that I've seen is probably Kenneth Branagh's Hamlet, which is 4 hours and 2 minutes long. The full-length version of Fanny and Alexander is longer than that at 5 hours and 12 minutes, but again, that was originally a TV miniseries. So I think it's Hamlet.

To the OP, did you watch the theatrical cut of The Last Emperor or the TV version? Because if you watched the theatrical cut, the TV version is just about an hour longer. Also, if you watched the theatrical cut and that's the longest movie you've ever seen, that means you've never seen The Godfather, Lawrence of Arabia, Seven Samurai, or any other movies that are longer than 160 minutes, in which case I should offer you some must-see recommendations, including the three I just mentioned.

TrumpetsGo 08-01-16 06:16 AM

I think Lord of the rings... T_T but i sleep half way of the movie though and my friends are laughing at me...

MovieMad16 08-01-16 03:01 PM

Gone With The Wind for me. But its my 2nd favourite film of all time, and most times I watch it during Christmas. Beautiful cinema.

Gideon58 08-02-16 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 1551329)
I love that movie, I actually want to watch the director's cut.:p
Sorry, Citizen, but we have to agree to disagree on this one...that movie seemed like it was seven hours long and bored me to death.

Gideon58 08-02-16 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1551357)
In one sitting, Gone With The Wind and Lawrence of Arabia which are about four hours each.
For some reason, I don't really feel the four hours with Gone with the Wind I get so swept up in the story. It's one of the few classics I got to see in an actual theater...I was about 12 years old and there were about 20 people in the theater and I will never forget this as long as live, but the second that Clark Gable appeared onscreen, there was an audible gasp from every female in the theater. I have never seen Lawrence of Arabia.

Camo 08-02-16 11:59 AM

I don't feel the length of Gone With The Wind either it is one of my favourite movies. Would love to see it in the cinema. Surprised you haven't seen Lawrence it is in my top ten and Peter O'Toole's performance is my favourite male performance. Vivien Leigh in Gone with The Wind is actually my favourite female performance. You should try to get around to Lawrence of Arabia if you get the chance.

Captain Steel 08-02-16 12:48 PM

The English Patient

colejwalker 08-02-16 02:04 PM

I think it was Schindler's List.

Gmork13 08-02-16 02:30 PM

Japanese director Sion Sono's "Love Exposure", I think it's like 4 1/2 or 5 hours or so, but it's very good I loved it.
Persona is also good but its definitely not for everyone, I have seen it multiple times.

wiggywonka 08-02-16 04:32 PM

It took me weeks to finish The Fellowship of the Ring and right now its taking even longer for me to finish The Two Towers

Gabrielle947 08-02-16 05:49 PM

I think the longest was extended LOTR and Return of King which was about 4h10min. Another one was Gone With The Wind which was 4 hours.
LOTR kind of went quick cause it's part of a trilogy and plus it's quite entertaining.
GWTW was amazing, longer story provides more character development and a more vivd story and if you do get into it, it will blow you away. I always wanted to watch or read War and Peace for that reason as well.

rambond 08-02-16 07:57 PM

The hateful eight.... to be honesr i couldnt continue it...just couldn t...

SilentVamp 08-02-16 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1554054)
I don't feel the length of Gone With The Wind either it is one of my favourite movies. Would love to see it in the cinema.
I saw it in the theater when they re-released it for one of the anniversaries. I want to say it was the 55th anniversary (maybe close to 60th). If you ever do get the opportunity to see it on a big screen, you have to take advantage of it because when I saw it that way, I knew it was one that was truly made to be experienced on a big movie screen. It was fantastic.

I think the longest movie I ever sat through in a theater was Kenneth Branagh's "Hamlet". But they had an intermission which helped. I created my own double feature that day by seeing that along with the Special Edition of "Return of the Jedi". So with those two movies together, I was at the theater for about 7 1/2 hours straight. And I didn't mind it.

Citizen Rules 08-02-16 08:16 PM

Not my complete list but these were long movies.

Cleopatra (1963) 248 minutes

Lawrence of Arabia (1962) 227 minutes

Gone with the Wind (1939) 221 minutes

The Ten Commandments (1956) 220 minutes

MarkFP 09-02-16 11:02 PM

For me, it has to be the 1968 Russian epic of WAR AND PEACE directed by Sergei Bondarchuk. It was the American release version which ran more than six hours. The theater I saw it in ran the first part on a Sunday afternoon then took an hour and a half intermission for a dinner break and ran the rest in the evening. That's as close to seeing it in one sitting as I ever got

Iroquois 09-03-16 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by Iroquois (Post 1551637)
As of writing, I think it might be The Travelling Players (which is about four-and-a-half hours long).
Looking at my records, it appears that I had forgotten about 1900 when I made this post. In hindsight, this was probably for the best.

Clazor 09-03-16 05:45 AM

All three extended LORT BD movies back to back (3h 48, 3h 55, 4h 43) in one sitting with some friends. Otherwise I'll have to go with, as CR said, Cleopatra at 4h 11.

Sunomis 09-03-16 08:09 AM

A few years ago, I forced myself to watch Peter Watkins's La Commune (Paris, 1871). It's a a 5h45 historical faux documentary starring actual unprofessional Paris citizen who were encouraged to participate in their character's story and to vote on it, like the citizen of the Commune once voted.

Actual anarchy on set, if you will.

This made for a very interesting, if tedious, viewing.

Diehl40 09-09-16 12:49 AM

I have watched and liked Lawrence of Arabia 227 minutes, Once Upon a Time in America approx 230 minutes and Judgement at Nurenberg.186 minutes. Judgement at Nurenberg is the shortest of these movies, but probably posed the biggest challenging in making a long movie. Much of the film takes place in a courtroom.

TONGO 09-09-16 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by Diehl40 (Post 1575878)
I have watched and liked Lawrence of Arabia 227 minutes, Once Upon a Time in America approx 230 minutes and Judgement at Nurenberg.186 minutes. Judgement at Nurenberg is the shortest of these movies, but probably posed the biggest challenging in making a long movie. Much of the film takes place in a courtroom.
Judgement was amazing, Maxamillion Shell truly gave as good a performance as Ive ever seen an actor in a drama. He was saying his lines with such a raw tenacity, truly he was acting ahead of his time.

The Gunslinger45 09-09-16 01:22 AM

Jeanne Dielman, 23 Quai Du commerce, 1080 Bruxelles. And I hated every second.

Hitchcockian97 09-29-16 06:31 AM

Probably Gone with the Wind, but it was worth every minute. One of my favorite movies of all time.

NerdFlix&Chill 09-30-16 02:48 PM

Worth. Every. Minute.
https://oncriterion.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/27.jpg

FromBeyond 09-30-16 02:55 PM

I think probably Lawrence Of Arabia at 3:36:00

Captain Steel 09-30-16 10:17 PM

History of the World Part I (the rare "real time" version).

*rimshot!*

Mr Minio 09-30-16 10:25 PM

12 hours of Out 1, but in two sittings (days).

Iroquois 09-30-16 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by The Gunslinger45 (Post 1575888)
Jeanne Dielman, 23 Quai Du commerce, 1080 Bruxelles. And I hated every second.
I get the feeling that that was the point, like if you think it's bad that you have to watch this woman go about her day in mind-numbing detail for about three-and-a-half hours then imagine how she feels having to live such a boring life every single day.

nebbit 10-01-16 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 1551281)
That's exactly how I felt about Dr. Strangelove - and it was torturous.
WHAT :scream:

Camo 10-01-16 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by Iroquois (Post 1586471)
I get the feeling that that was the point, like if you think it's bad that you have to watch this woman go about her day in mind-numbing detail for about three-and-a-half hours then imagine how she feels having to live such a boring life every single day.
Yeah. Having not seen it i find it difficult to believe people actually enjoy it though, i probably just don't understand but it made the 70's list and that kind of blows my mind unless what i'm hearing about it is wrong.

Related to the thread, i've had Satantango ready to watch for well over a year bu i've been told i have to watch it in one sitting which is pretty impossible to me.

Iroquois 10-01-16 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1586516)
Yeah. Having not seen it i find it difficult to believe people actually enjoy it though, i probably just don't understand but it made the 70's list and that kind of blows my mind unless what i'm hearing about it is wrong.

Related to the thread, i've had Satantango ready to watch for well over a year bu i've been told i have to watch it in one sitting which is pretty impossible to me.
I imagine it's more to do with appreciating it as an artistic statement than enjoying it as straightforward entertainment. I'm sure that could be said of most films that stretch past the three-hour mark.

Camo 10-01-16 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by Iroquois (Post 1586525)
I imagine it's more to do with appreciating it as an artistic statement than enjoying it as straightforward entertainment. I'm sure that could be said of most films that stretch past the three-hour mark.
I imagine that is the case but i still don't see how some had it in their top five or whatever of the 70's. I know everyone doesn't go about it the same way as me but it is still pretty shocking. Not even watched it so i should probably stop here but from what people who are usually into these types of films both on and off this site have told me it is pretty baffling.

I remember Minio posted Apichatpong Weerasethakuls top ten and he had Andy Warhols Empire on it. Yeah, he doesn't enjoy that at all, he is definitely a liar.

Steve Freeling 10-01-16 02:03 AM

The Right Stuff

Camo 10-01-16 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by Steve Freeling (Post 1586530)
The Right Stuff
oooof. I had no idea it was that long. I've heard it is really good. Obviously you gave it at least
like every film you watch with no words so we have no idea if you thought it was anything special or not.

Steve Freeling 10-01-16 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1586532)
The Right Stuff
oooof. I had no idea it was that long. I've heard it is really good. Obviously you gave it at least
This is true.
like every film you watch with no words so we have no idea if you thought it was anything special or not.
This is an extreme ****ing exaggeration.

Camo 10-01-16 02:54 AM

It's not though? You've rated like two movies less than that on this site at least and they've usually been

Iroquois 10-01-16 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1586528)
I imagine that is the case but i still don't see how some had it in their top five or whatever of the 70's. I know everyone doesn't go about it the same way as me but it is still pretty shocking. Not even watched it so i should probably stop here but from what people who are usually into these types of films both on and off this site have told me it is pretty baffling.

I remember Minio posted Apichatpong Weerasethakuls top ten and he had Andy Warhols Empire on it. Yeah, he doesn't enjoy that at all, he is definitely a liar.
*shrug* It's not like The Godfather needed the votes that badly. I'd definitely take it over 1900 any day of the week, and 1900 actually has stuff happening in it.

I couldn't comment on other people lying about their favourites - the idea that the director of Uncle Boonmee actually does cite Empire as a favourite really does not surprise me regardless of whether or not it's justified.

Steve Freeling 10-01-16 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by Camo (Post 1586540)
It's not though? You've rated like two movies less than that on this site at least and they've usually been
Oh, yes it is. I've given out a few three-and-a-halfs during my time here.

Camo 10-01-16 03:00 AM

I'm fine with it making the list, it gives me extra incentive to watch it i just find it surprising. i don't think anyone is lying about it necessarily either i probably shouldn't have included that in the same comment, i'm just still amazed that anyone claims to get anything out of something like Empire which the thought reminded me of so i mentioned it.

Camo 10-01-16 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by Steve Freeling (Post 1586542)
Oh, yes it is. I've given out a few three-and-a-halfs during my time here.
:laugh:

Horroist 10-01-16 03:50 AM

Philosophy of a Knife

https://s9.postimg.org/5zfuhorpr/phi...knife_1510.jpg

Part documentary and part feature....though shot in black & white but still one of the most violent, disturbing & sickening flicks ever seen! Run Time: 249 minutes! Finished in 2 consecutive nights.

Steve Freeling 10-01-16 04:31 AM

The Right Stuff
Well, I just remembered it's actually the 1956 version of The Ten Commandments, which I only actually watched in its entirety once or twice, and that The Right Stuff isn't even close.

Jimbo53 10-01-16 09:18 AM

Titanic (1997)

Took my wife to see on a date night, its really not my cup of tea but she enjoyed it.

Gideon58 10-01-16 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jimbo53 (Post 1586590)
Titanic (1997)

Took my wife to see on a date night, its really not my cup of tea but she enjoyed it.
It's so weird about Titanic.[..the movie is like three hours long but it is so entertaining that I never really feel the length.

Allaby 01-03-21 03:49 PM

Longest films I have seen:

1. Les Misérables (1934) 281 minutes
2. The Wheel (1923) 273 minutes
3. Hamlet (1996) 242 minutes
4. Gone with the Wind (1939) 238 minutes
5. A Brighter Summer Day (1991) 237 minutes
6. The Ten Commandments (1956) 220 minutes
7. Lawrence of Arabia (1962) 216 minutes
8. Ben-Hur (1959) 212 minutes
9. Seven Samurai (1954) 207 minutes
10. Andrei Rublev (1966) 205 minutes

cricket 01-03-21 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Allaby (Post 2161562)
Longest films I have seen:

1. Les Misérables (1934) 281 minutes
2. The Wheel (1923) 273 minutes
3. Hamlet (1996) 242 minutes
4. Gone with the Wind (1939) 238 minutes
5. A Brighter Summer Day (1991) 237 minutes
6. The Ten Commandments (1956) 220 minutes
7. Lawrence of Arabia (1962) 216 minutes
8. Ben-Hur (1959) 212 minutes
9. Seven Samurai (1954) 207 minutes
10. Andrei Rublev (1966) 205 minutes
How is that? I loved the 1935 version.

Allaby 01-03-21 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by cricket (Post 2161563)
How is that? I loved the 1935 version.
It is excellent, a 9/10 from me. Definitely recommended.

cricket 01-03-21 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Allaby (Post 2161565)
It is excellent, a 9/10 from me. Definitely recommended.
Wow it looks like a big time classic. I'm going to see it.

SpelingError 01-03-21 04:11 PM

For me, it's Shoah (550 minutes or 9 hours).

Thunderbolt 01-03-21 04:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Silent movie Dr. Mabuse the Gambler (1922) by Fritz Lang. 4 and a half hours long. Couldn’t go there again.

crumbsroom 01-03-21 04:43 PM

Shoah, Les Vampyres, Satantango, Wreckmeister Harmonies, Brighter Summer Day, Sorrow and the Pity, Berlin Alexanderplatz

Corax 01-03-21 06:05 PM

The original Star Wars trilogy in 70mm back-to-back on a giant screen. I don't know if that counts, but it was exhausting.

Captain Terror 01-03-21 06:20 PM

Three of us once marathoned the LOTR trilogy (extended editions) in one day. Started at 11 am and ended around midnight with breaks for food. I cannot confirm that we all remained awake for the duration.

Wyldesyde19 01-03-21 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by crumbsroom (Post 2161592)
Shoah, Les Vampyres, Satantango, Wreckmeister Harmonies, Brighter Summer Day, Sorrow and the Pity, Berlin Alexanderplatz
Wasn’t Berlin Alexanderplatz a mini series? Or were they screened together at some point before being split up into mini episodes?

John W Constantine 01-03-21 06:54 PM

Satantango but I cheated a few times by playing it at 1.5x

MovieGal 01-03-21 07:01 PM

The full film of Red Cliff - 288+ minutes. It's one of the best and beautiful films I have seen. I was able to find a copy that wasn't split into Part I and Part II
https://kpbs.media.clients.ellington...09/10/18/2.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D5YH-JNU0AAlAE6.jpg