Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Forums Site Stuff (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   MoFo art gallery (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=9230)

Monkeypunch 11-14-04 08:20 PM

MoFo art gallery

2 Attachment(s)
Any artists on MoFo? I thought it would be cool if there was a thread where people could post their artwork, whether its photography, drawings, paintings, etc. (I searched and could NOT find a thread like this, so i made one. if there is one, i'm sorry.)

Anyways, let me start this off....(yeah, it's fan art, but i like how they came out)

r3port3r66 11-14-04 09:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Back when I was a reporter, I used to get into all kinds of situations. My Press pass allowed me access to all kinds of news stuff. Along with writing the news I also photograhed it, and maybe not art, perhaps you might appreciate some of my camera work:

Caitlyn 11-14-04 10:28 PM

Thanks for sharing you two… and I would love to see more... :)

SamsoniteDelilah 11-14-04 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by r3port3r66
Back when I was a reporter, I used to get into all kinds of situations. My Press pass allowed me access to all kinds of news stuff. Along with writing the news I also photograhed it, and maybe not art, perhaps you might appreciate some of my camera work:
Nice work. What's going on in that pic?

OG- 11-14-04 11:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a pic I took that I like alot, though it is slightly out of focus. And a pic of the moon I find very peaceful:

SamsoniteDelilah 11-14-04 11:41 PM

OG-, those are both really cool. Did you shoot them on film or digital?
Monkeypunch, nice stuff. The first one totally reminds me of a girl I know. Great energy in the poses.

OG- 11-15-04 12:47 AM

Those were digital, here's some more from the city that raised me:

http://www.basement-films.net/Peter/chairs.jpg
http://www.basement-films.net/Peter/chair-man.jpg
http://www.basement-films.net/Peter/arch.jpg
http://www.basement-films.net/Peter/dental.jpg

Yoda 11-15-04 01:16 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I'm not much of a photographer, but I've always been very interested in it, and appreciative of it. Here are a few that I've taken.

SamsoniteDelilah 11-15-04 01:50 AM

OG, those are great!
Yoda ,the tree is spectacular, and I really like all of them. The corn is really crisply focused and I like the way you framed the newpaper boxes and the crop on the kid.

SamsoniteDelilah 11-15-04 02:03 AM

I don't take pictures or paint, but I guess I do write a bit. This is a true story from my life, from a few years ago.

The Story About The Horses

My step-dad married my mom when I was 2. We did not hit it off. Our relationship was strained at best for most of my life. I used to dread Father's Day, because I'd have to go read all those cards... "thanks for being there for me, Dad", "thanks for all the times you..." and try to find one that just made a joke about some vague thing. I always felt so gypped. For four years in my 20's, we didn't speak at all.

After that, we kind of started over. We still had our issues, and my friend Robin and I had long talks about our crazy parents. She was working on a play about her relationship with her mom and we were planning to do a staged-reading at one of the theaters in Hollywood. The play was called "Lift" and one of the characters was a little girl who dealt with her abusive mother by retreating to her attic room and drawing horses on the walls. The little girl could never get the legs right though, and they always appeared unfinished. I thought this was a brilliant metaphor for that feeling of not being able to move on that can haunt you long after you leave an abusive situation.

In January of '01, my mom had been having serious health problems and finally was diagnosed as having had a fairly impressive heart attack. She was life-flighted from their home in Az to Phoenix for an emergency quadruple bypass. I dropped everything in LA and went to Phoenix. Even after all the crap years, I couldn't stand the thought of Dad sitting there alone while Mom was in surgery, or if something went wrong.

We stayed with 'internet friends' of mine in Phoenix, and had a lot of time to talk during the week after the surgery. One morning in the car, he asked me about my acting and was saying that I needed to get back to that. I told him that as a kid, I had really needed acting, because it was a way of getting approval from people, but that as an adult, I had outgrown some of that, and I just didn't feel the drive to do it anymore. At that point, he said something unlike anything he had ever said to me. He told me that he knew that I didn't get the approval that I probably wanted from him, but that he had always been proud of me. (I damn near wrecked the car from shock.) I told him about the play that I was in, and that Robin had been gracious enough to let me play 'her' in it. He liked the horse metaphor, too. He was glad to hear I was going to perform, and that 'approval' stuff.. what do you know? It's ok.

Mom got better, they went home, I came back to LA... and 8 weeks later, Dad was fixing the plumbing under their house and died of a ruptured anneurism. I again dropped everything and went back to Az to help my mom get her things together. I called Robin on my way out of town to give her a heads-up, because this was only 3 weeks before the show. She called me mid-week to see how things were and if I thought I'd still be able to do the show. I told her I thought it was the thing to do.

Going through a box of old stuff, I had found, among Dad's things, a painting of running horses, their legs obscured by the dust, looking unfinished.

PimpDaShizzle V2.0 11-15-04 04:38 AM

I doodle things with one line. Then I color them in. It's better if I doodle it with a pen then scan it, but you know, schmit happens. Anyways, I liked the way this one was framed and the dimensions are kind of on their marks, and the color implies depth too. High five for me. Oh yeah, if I wasn't clear I did it with one line in MS Paint. MS Paint does suck, who asked?

Eyes 11-15-04 06:37 PM

i'm taking basic art in my school next quarter, so i hope to develop some level of skill

Monkeypunch 11-15-04 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Yoda
I'm not much of a photographer, but I've always been very interested in it, and appreciative of it. Here are a few that I've taken.
I love the one with all the newspaper boxes. It is so cool. I love finding art in really mundane objects we see every day! definitely post more!

PimpDaShizzle V2.0 11-15-04 07:02 PM

Same deal, I found this one I did. The color on the drop is off, it should have been dark on the left, again - schmidt happens.

Yoda 11-15-04 09:52 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Thanks guys. :)

Originally Posted by Monkeypunch
I love the one with all the newspaper boxes. It is so cool. I love finding art in really mundane objects we see every day! definitely post more!
Here's a few more, though they're not quite as good. I took all but the first one on the same day, wandering around downtown Pittsburgh.

Yoda 11-15-04 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
I don't take pictures or paint, but I guess I do write a bit. This is a true story from my life, from a few years ago.

The Story About The Horses

My step-dad married my mom when I was 2. We did not hit it off. Our relationship was strained at best for most of my life. I used to dread Father's Day, because I'd have to go read all those cards... "thanks for being there for me, Dad", "thanks for all the times you..." and try to find one that just made a joke about some vague thing. I always felt so gypped. For four years in my 20's, we didn't speak at all.

After that, we kind of started over. We still had our issues, and my friend Robin and I had long talks about our crazy parents. She was working on a play about her relationship with her mom and we were planning to do a staged-reading at one of the theaters in Hollywood. The play was called "Lift" and one of the characters was a little girl who dealt with her abusive mother by retreating to her attic room and drawing horses on the walls. The little girl could never get the legs right though, and they always appeared unfinished. I thought this was a brilliant metaphor for that feeling of not being able to move on that can haunt you long after you leave an abusive situation.

In January of '01, my mom had been having serious health problems and finally was diagnosed as having had a fairly impressive heart attack. She was life-flighted from their home in Az to Phoenix for an emergency quadruple bypass. I dropped everything in LA and went to Phoenix. Even after all the crap years, I couldn't stand the thought of Dad sitting there alone while Mom was in surgery, or if something went wrong.

We stayed with 'internet friends' of mine in Phoenix, and had a lot of time to talk during the week after the surgery. One morning in the car, he asked me about my acting and was saying that I needed to get back to that. I told him that as a kid, I had really needed acting, because it was a way of getting approval from people, but that as an adult, I had outgrown some of that, and I just didn't feel the drive to do it anymore. At that point, he said something unlike anything he had ever said to me. He told me that he knew that I didn't get the approval that I probably wanted from him, but that he had always been proud of me. (I damn near wrecked the car from shock.) I told him about the play that I was in, and that Robin had been gracious enough to let me play 'her' in it. He liked the horse metaphor, too. He was glad to hear I was going to perform, and that 'approval' stuff.. what do you know? It's ok.

Mom got better, they went home, I came back to LA... and 8 weeks later, Dad was fixing the plumbing under their house and died of a ruptured anneurism. I again dropped everything and went back to Az to help my mom get her things together. I called Robin on my way out of town to give her a heads-up, because this was only 3 weeks before the show. She called me mid-week to see how things were and if I thought I'd still be able to do the show. I told her I thought it was the thing to do.

Going through a box of old stuff, I had found, among Dad's things, a painting of running horses, their legs obscured by the dust, looking unfinished.
That's unreal. Like something out of a movie. It's amazing how often I hear that people's biggest regrets involve not saying what they thought or felt until it was too late; or, if not too late, later than it should've been.

You're a good writer, by the way. :)

PimpDaShizzle V2.0 11-15-04 10:19 PM

YODA - The one of the door with bricks around it is da' bomb. I like the lighting. The onyl thing I would have done differently would be making it straight on and level. Good eye.

r3port3r66 11-16-04 12:10 AM

I am loving this thread! More, more everyone!

Caitlyn 11-16-04 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by r3port3r66
I am loving this thread! More, more everyone!

I definitely agree... :yup:

2wrongs 11-16-04 12:25 PM

Yods, I love the pic with the door and those pipes. I like the angle; the shadows.

Yoda 11-16-04 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by 2wrongs
Yods, I love the pic with the door and those pipes. I like the angle; the shadows.
I know; the orange glow is so cool. It's like I found the utility stairwell to hell. The pipes make it look like something out of Riven.

Pyro Tramp 11-16-04 12:56 PM

I can draw a beast of a doodle (robots, monsters, general normally), although tends to be when im really really bored in college, my friends think i should have done art and teachers think i do do art and i've always had comments about them in parent evenings lol. I would scan them but well im not going to, cuz its prob quite personal and i dont have most of them.

2wrongs 11-16-04 01:04 PM

I know; the orange glow is so cool. It's like I found the utility stairwell to hell. The pipes make it look like something out of Riven.
*breathy* Yeah.......stairway to HELL. You have an eye, T.

Yoda 11-16-04 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by 2wrongs
You have an eye, T.
Two, actually.

blibblobblib 11-16-04 01:35 PM

I really like this thread. i love photography, and although im not very good at it, i try and take some piccy's myself when i remember too. Love your photos OG, r66 and Yoda. Love your one of the guy in the all those chairs OG, where was that? And i love your one of the tree Yoda, ive taken some similar ones to that as well. Im at uni at the mo but ill put mine up on here when i get home.

SamsoniteDelilah 11-16-04 01:48 PM

That's unreal. Like something out of a movie. It's amazing how often I hear that people's biggest regrets involve not saying what they thought or felt until it was too late; or, if not too late, later than it should've been.

You're a good writer, by the way. :)
:) Thanks.
He was youngish (68) and went suddenly - 15 minutes from working on the plumbing to gone - but he had felt for a few months that he was not going to be around much longer. He had wrapped up a few loose ends. I feel amazingly lucky that we got to have that conversation.

OG- 11-16-04 05:18 PM

The guy in all the chairs was in the quad at Washington University in St. Louis for my brother's graduation back in May.

Sedai 11-16-04 07:04 PM

Ah, so much talent in the forums...Great thread and great art...

Sedai 11-16-04 07:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Ok, here are some of the graphics I made for my Mix CD jacket a few years ago....

All done in Illustrator and Corel with some PS post prod.

SamsoniteDelilah 11-16-04 07:47 PM

Those are cool, Sedai.
Rorsach kaleidascopes. :)

Sedai 11-16-04 08:12 PM

Those are cool, Sedai.
Rorsach kaleidascopes. :)
Why thank you! These were kicking around my office and had almost vanished from my memory, until this thread reminded me... A couple of the graphics are sort of over the top acidic, but it WAS for a trance cd ;)

Tacitus 11-16-04 08:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a few renders that I'm quite happy with..... :)

Sedai 11-16-04 08:43 PM

Cool renderings Tacitus :)

gummo 11-16-04 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Tacitus
Here's a few renders that I'm quite happy with..... :)

They look like postcards :) very cool

Sedai 11-16-04 09:10 PM

Thanks guys. :)

Here's a few more, though they're not quite as good. I took all but the first one on the same day, wandering around downtown Pittsburgh.
Funny, you mention you don't think these are as good as your first set, and I think all of these are spectacular. Like Sammy and Pimpdawg, the two door shots are my favorites. The lighting and shadows in those two shots are crazy. The lighting in a shot makes it or breaks it for me, and I like the dark, mysterious mood in these shots.

PimpDaShizzle V2.0 11-16-04 09:39 PM

I had a whole poo' load of pictures I took, but I lost them. Anyways, I like to use your basic 35mm camera with whatever lense does what I want, then I scan dem' little boogers inta' Paint Shop Pro, make em' B&W, adjust the masking, then the levels, and Kablamo' - A Masterpiece.. sort of.
I still have the originals of the others, I need to re-scan them though, which is a pain in the arse.

OG- 11-16-04 10:12 PM

I like that shot alot. Good work, Pimp.

linespalsy 11-16-04 11:01 PM

These are all at least two years old. Sorry but I don't have anything newer scanned or hosted online. I've also done some writing and some computer art (mostly in Flash) but nothing I want to show.

http://loki.stockton.edu/~stk15656/lilysh1.gif
http://loki.stockton.edu/~stk15656/lilysh2.gif
http://loki.stockton.edu/~stk15656/sandme1.gif
http://loki.stockton.edu/~stk15656/dinker1.gif
http://loki.stockton.edu/~stk15656/pangbr3.gif
http://loki.stockton.edu/~stk15656/mizzle1.gif
http://loki.stockton.edu/~stk15656/eatdoc2.gif
http://loki.stockton.edu/~stk15656/spider1.jpg
http://loki.stockton.edu/~stk15656/glo.bmp
http://www.stockton.edu/~stk15656/grip.bmp

r3port3r66 11-16-04 11:01 PM

Pimp comes up from behind and showcases that he is an artist at heart! Really, really like the bridge photo Pimp! What a great composition!

And the rest of you---I could cry at the artistic talent displayed in this thread! It warms my heart--it really does! Please don't let this thread die! It's now become my morning coffee (and cigarette) thread.

blibblobblib 11-16-04 11:37 PM

Theres some really good work on here. Really liked your story Sammy, was quite moving. Love your pictures too Pimpboy, i especially like the lipstick one. I have some great black and white ones i took from when i was in New York but have yet to transfer them to the power of PC, but ive since moved onto Digital, not sure what i prefer yet. i love the detail and colour you can get with digital. Tried to post some pics tonight but having issues.

r3port3r66 11-16-04 11:42 PM

Sorry to double post:

3 Attachment(s)
Sorry to double post:

Garrett 11-16-04 11:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think I posted this before.

Extreme Closeup:

Garrett 11-16-04 11:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Random stuff I did:

gummo 11-16-04 11:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is my friends cat "Twilight" at his place in the window. This was taken with my crappy 1 MP digi cam.

7thson 11-17-04 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by gummo
Here is my friends cat "Twilight" at his place in the window. This was taken with my crappy 1 MP digi cam.
I really like this for some reason. Course I am weird.

SamsoniteDelilah 11-17-04 02:10 AM

Wow!! There are some really talented people here!
Pimp, that shot is really nicely framed and I like the contrast between the light and dark bridges.
Gummo, I love the cat pics. She looks like that is the best place in the world to be.

Garrett, great humor in your work. Yay, Fonzie! :p

R3port3r, nice shots. The one of the palm trees is especially great lighting. Is that

natural, or did you have a filter at work?

linepalsy, whoa, what a lot of work! You've got a definite style there. How long have you been drawing strips?

Sedai 11-17-04 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle V2.0
I had a whole poo' load of pictures I took, but I lost them. Anyways, I like to use your basic 35mm camera with whatever lense does what I want, then I scan dem' little boogers inta' Paint Shop Pro, make em' B&W, adjust the masking, then the levels, and Kablamo' - A Masterpiece.. sort of.
I still have the originals of the others, I need to re-scan them though, which is a pain in the arse.
Pimp, where were you standing when you took this? Looks like a view from the harlem side of...some bridge, the name now escapes me. Once after a party when a few folks and myself were unwinding in the morning, we came to a place kind of under a bridge and that view was across the river, or one like it anyway.

Piddzilla 11-17-04 11:42 AM

Cool stuff here, all of you... But holy craps, Lines!! That's really cool!! You've got a lot of talent!!

2wrongs 11-17-04 11:58 AM

This thread is awesome! Sorry, just a lack of words...
I don't have an eye for photos at all so this is really impressive.

PimpDaShizzle V2.0 11-17-04 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Sedai
Pimp, where were you standing when you took this? Looks like a view from the harlem side of...some bridge, the name now escapes me. Once after a party when a few folks and myself were unwinding in the morning, we came to a place kind of under a bridge and that view was across the river, or one like it anyway.
It's in Portland Oregon. I was walking around the waterfront looking for some pictures and, KABLAMO, there she was. It was far away which worked because the telephoto lense compresed the image to make it flatter.

starrdarcy 11-17-04 02:42 PM

My Map Art

Hi all, i finally saw an art thread, so i decided to post my my map art. I have been creating imagineray and real life cities since i was 14. My maps have evolved quite a bit since then. I'll have to show some of my old stuff later on. Enjoy!

It will be an exciting year for map making this year, hopefully i'll show more of my work later on this month. Before looking at the drawings here's a legend to now what the map means:

Rectangles, and squares (seperated) - houses
Black stripes (from hosues) - driveways
Red grided areas - parking lots, areas
Solid grey lines (usualy by houses) - residential roads
Green dots - trees, shrubs
thin grey lines - walkways, bike paths
blue colored ares - ponds, lakes, rivers and streams
Rectangles (in, long strips) - townhouses
APT - Apartments
Commercial is usually the iregular side-by-side rectanges
Grey area infront of commercial are wide pathways
Blue dotted line - extent of swamp, water area
Black dotted area - elevation lines (10 meters)
Brown lines - major fences, barriers

It takes me about 3 hours to create each map...
http://starrdarcy.mypicgallery.com/prestville/two.jpg

Sometimes, the paterns and placement can make you dizzy.
http://starrdarcy.mypicgallery.com/prestville/one.jpg

Who said urban sprawl is bad??
http://starrdarcy.mypicgallery.com/prestville/five.jpg

Water property comes at a hefty premium...
http://starrdarcy.mypicgallery.com/prestville/three.jpg

Click on the pictures for the actual size. I hope i can post more pictures later on.

-SD

PimpDaShizzle V2.0 11-17-04 03:05 PM

Stardacy - I hope you're into urban development.

Yoda 11-17-04 04:05 PM

Wow!! There are some really talented people here!
I think artistic talent is hidden more often than most other talents. I imagine that most people (myself included) harbor the suspicion that whatever art they're producing really isn't that great. It takes a request or insistence like this thread, I think, to get them to show what they've done.

I mean, really, who would've guessed so many MoFos had various artistic creations just lying around? Notice how almost none of them mentioned it before. I find that very interesting.

OG- 11-17-04 04:12 PM

starrdarcy - I am in awe. I can't even think of a response other than that.

starrdarcy 11-17-04 04:41 PM

I think artistic talent is hidden more often than most other talents. I imagine that most people (myself included) harbor the suspicion that whatever art they're producing really isn't that great. It takes a request or insistence like this thread, I think, to get them to show what they've done.

I mean, really, who would've guessed so many MoFos had various artistic creations just lying around? Notice how almost none of them mentioned it before. I find that very interesting.
Most people didn't mention their art before because their was no thread to put it into. Since MOFO is a movie forum, it's pretty hard to fit artwork at a site like this. This thread should be stickied and perhaps put in the general forum.

Oh, i also got so more of my artwork. It's more like concepts than artwork, but hey... it took imagination to make these pics...

My StarCraft Art Work, more like concepts...
http://premium.uploadit.org/starrdarcy/3.jpg

Has anyone here played the game?, a modded interface:
http://premium.uploadit.org/starrdarcy/1.jpg

Another picture of my wants:
http://premium.uploadit.org/starrdarcy/4.jpg

I'm a experienced modder... no, i just did some clever work, heh heh...

Tacitus 11-17-04 07:06 PM

Link to my deviantART site if anyone's interested :)

SamsoniteDelilah 11-17-04 07:19 PM

Stardacy - I hope you're into urban development.
He plans to be a city planner.
Looks like he's on his way!

r3port3r66 11-17-04 07:43 PM

Starrdarcy; those maps look awesome! They remind me of mazes for some reason. You say they're based on real cities, now does that mean you create an overhead view just from what you think the city layouts look like from you experience, or do you copy them from pictures--or both!? They really are very cool! Love to see your earlier work!

blibblobblib 11-17-04 09:02 PM

Those maps are mindblowing. Very impressed *clapity clap clapity clappy clap*

linespalsy 11-17-04 09:49 PM

Thanks for the compliments, Samsonite Delilah and Pidd. And to answer your question, Delilah, I've been making comics on-and-off for about four years now. The top one I posted was actually the second comic I ever made, and there's about an 8 month gap between that and the rest of the ones I posted. I'm currently in the process of adapting number 3 into a 1-3 minute-long flash animation, which I'll be sure to put up when and if it ever gets done.

Oh yeah, and great maps, Starrdarcy. What a cool concept.

Piddzilla 11-18-04 04:46 AM

This thread is neat....

starrdarcy 11-18-04 02:09 PM

Could someone sticky this thread? I'ts gotten alot of unexpected interest. People will always have artwork to show off.

OG- 11-19-04 07:11 PM

Here's something for ya. A song made by my friends and I for a project for school about two years ago (man, it really doesn't seem that long ago). Yes that is my sultry voice soothing you to sleep.

http://www.basement-films.net/Peter/...l%20anemia.MP3 save target as :)

starrdarcy 11-20-04 05:40 PM

I don't know what to say...

Nitzer 11-20-04 06:23 PM

This is where I go to worship every day.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...2-0252_IMG.jpg

All I need now is candles and this instead of my windows: http://www.karljones.com/halflife2/i...eman_glass.jpg

gummo 11-20-04 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by starrdarcy
Could someone sticky this thread? I'ts gotten alot of unexpected interest. People will always have artwork to show off.

what does sticky mean?

OG- I really like that song

SamsoniteDelilah 11-20-04 11:09 PM

A sticky thread stays at the top of the forum its in.

OG- 11-21-04 01:24 AM

OG- I really like that song
Thanks :) I wish I had the musical talent in it, but alas I provided just the lyrics/voice.

SamsoniteDelilah 11-21-04 01:39 AM

I love the lyrics.
Very cool stuff, OG-!

AboveTheClouds 11-21-04 01:40 AM

This happened on a very boring day, in mechanics class....

http://photobucket.com/albums/v214/g...urrent=ASH.jpg

The hair is terrible, my hand got knocked as I was drawing, so I figured, hey might as well give him Elvis hair. So if you want he's a combo between Elvis in Bubba-Ho-Tep and Ash from the Evil Dead

http://photobucket.com/albums/v214/g...ANEMOBITCH.jpg

My friend Dan broke up with his girlfriend, so I doodled up this picture, with my trusty Sharpie, in an ATTEMPT to make him feel better.....

I'm a terrible artist :D

starrdarcy 11-22-04 02:27 PM

the pictures are missing? What happened??

undercoverlover 11-22-04 03:50 PM

4 Attachment(s)
k if you hop on over to my website you'll find all of my work on there but here's a few examples of the type of stuff i do, mostly buffy or angel or films.

PimpDaShizzle V2.0 11-22-04 04:23 PM

I like dose', and I'm not even into those shows or movies.

starrdarcy 11-22-04 06:24 PM

Good job undercover, i'm so stunned to see so many talented users her, who would have thought!

PimpDaShizzle V2.0 11-24-04 02:09 PM

Used a digital cam fo' dis' one - guess what it is? I kind of like the way it turned out. I'm printin' out a bigger 13" one so I can show it off and stuff.

SamsoniteDelilah 11-24-04 02:28 PM

Can't make sense of it. Interesting, though.

starrdarcy 11-24-04 03:19 PM

niether can i, but it looks interesting, not all people understand my maps. Keep up the good work.

MODS: This thread should be stickied.

Sedai 11-24-04 03:29 PM

Post as a thumb for us pimp, then we can look at it full size and try to guess...

PimpDaShizzle V2.0 11-24-04 07:16 PM

How do you attach a thumbnail?

starrdarcy 11-24-04 07:57 PM

More maps...

deleted...

r3port3r66 11-24-04 08:01 PM

AGH! Don't get me wrong starrdarcy; love the maps and please keep posting them, but I have dial-up, and the download time is like 20 minutes! Can you attach them as thumbnails?

blibblobblib 11-25-04 08:30 AM

Silly attachment things wont let me attach my photos. Is anyone else having this problem??

starrdarcy 11-25-04 02:04 PM

Helo again, i decided to show off some more of my maps, i'll try and post a legend a little later. Anyways here some before after pics...

DevenPort 1976:
The city center has officialy decayed, most of the shops and commercial disricts have disappeard from massive highway projects and people moving to the suburbs. This place is ugly...
http://starrdarcy.mypicgallery.com/crestviewmisc/2.jpg

DevonPort 1998:
Many years later the city center has saginficantly changed from being a place of failing businesses and seedy streets to safe and fun place to be. Years of rebuilding and puting the main highways underground have made the core proud again!
http://starrdarcy.mypicgallery.com/crestviewmisc/1.jpg

To another small town i'm working on. This city is the "old" style of city pattern and concepts. The houses are almost round, and the there is heavy use of the grid. I call it CrestView...

The town centre is right in the center of the picture. Or at the junction of EnVille street and Inverness Avenue.
http://starrdarcy.mypicgallery.com/crestviewmisc/4.jpg

Here's a portion of the town, look at all that sprawl to be! (the hallow roads are roads that are planned) Look carefully at the map ;)...
http://starrdarcy.mypicgallery.com/crestviewmisc/3.jpg

projectMayhem 01-05-05 01:27 PM

I don't have any real talent with photography or drawing or really anything visual, however I play drums. I'd like to post something that my cousin and I recorded at his house, but can't figure out how any suggestions?

blibblobblib 01-11-05 09:52 PM

Didnt know where to post this, but heres a little story...a short story in fact, a story about a mother. i wrote it for a piece of coursework for my degree. Let me know what you dudes think of it.

Don't Look...See.

“I do love him…Oh God I love him.”

She heard the heavy door open from behind her closed eyes. “This is it” she thought to herself as the swinging door made her heart race. “This is the moment my life will change, everything will be different” Without opening her eyes, she saw the door click shut again, and saw Dr Sutton’s handsome face staring at the back of her head, his fingers wrapping ever so slightly on the back of his clip board as he stuttered over what to say. She saw his white coat, resting on his broad shoulders. She saw his young, uncomfortable expression and searching eyes. Moyra opened her eyes and stared out of the murky window, through the rain at a veiled world. With an odd look of fascination on her face, she struggled to picture the doctor’s awkward glances as he tried to greet her in such unfortunate circumstances. An age seemed to pass before he spoke. ‘How long have we been here?’ she thought. ‘Can he hear me?’ she asked her pale warped reflection staring back at her through black puddles.
“Mrs Levinson?” Dr Sutton finally asked.
“Mrs Levinson, we have finished examining your son.” He waited for any sign of acknowledgment but all he received was silence.
“He is currently in surgery with some of our best doctors working for him. Would you like to take a seat with me for a moment?”
Moyra Levinson’s eye’s widened at the question, and the first glittered tears appeared on the brim of her lids.
“Mrs Levinson I realise it must have been awful to see your son in that condition, but we are – “
“Can he…Will he be able to see me?” she quickly interrupted.
“Um, I’m sorry, what was that?”
“Will he be able to see me? She repeated.
“Oh. He’s very ill, but, If he wakes up, then yes he will be able to see you, but at this time I’m afraid we don’t know what state he will be in until he is returned from surgery. Mrs Levinson…Your…your son Mrs Levinson, received multiple injuries – “
Moyra turned from the window and finally met the gaze of Dr Sutton’s face. She blushed as he must have noticed the heavy bags under her eyes.
“How many?” she quickly asked.
“How many?” The doctor repeated as he looked at her, trying to figure her out.
“How many injuries?”
“Oh. I’m afraid he has received numerous injuries, several serious and many secondary injuries. Your son is very ill.”
Moyra stared at the floor, focusing on the dark red stain just right of her foot.
“I want to know them all…Every scratch. Every bruise. Every mark. Tell me them all.”
“Mrs Levinson I’m not sure it’s best that – “
Moyra lifted her head and stared intently at Dr Sutton. She was attractive, with a symmetrical and pretty face. Her large dark eyes gave her a powerful look, but as Dr Sutton examined her in that instance, he found himself unsettled at how calm this woman seemed on the surface, and could not even begin to imagine what she would be feeling underneath.
“Don’t make me look again. Please…Please don’t make me look at him again like that.”
“Mrs Levinson. Please sit down.”
Moyra walked across the room, never taking her gaze from Dr Sutton’s face. She sat in the chair opposite him, staring across the round beige table that separated them both. Dr Sutton searched uncomfortably around the small grey room, trying to avoid Moyra’s dark invading eyes. He removed his glasses and placed them on the table in front of him, rubbing his face, trying to understand this woman who was making him so nervous. Moyra stared, exploring every aspect of the doctor, gauging each movement, each twitch, glance and sigh, trying to read and foresee what was happening under his concerned gaze. Dr Sutton fixed his gaze on Moyra just as he had been told to, and attempted to remain unperturbed as he spoke directly to the large black eyes.
“I’m afraid your son has received multiple injuries. Several of them are causing him a lot of pain, and I am sorry to say that if we can repair the damage, there is a possibility that the injuries he has received may impede his development over his life.”
Dr Sutton paused and turned towards the door behind him, grasping for reassurance and any eyes other than Mrs Levinson’s. Moyra stared, waiting for the worst of it.
“He…um…He has three broken ribs. Two on the left, one on the right. The latter has pierced his lung and he is having trouble breathing. Two of his vertebrae are shattered and he has broken his scapula…that’s the left shoulder blade. He has also broken his sternum, his left rotator cuff and his left arm. Nine of his fingers are broken and the entirety of his right hand. Both of his legs are broken and he has received two brakes in his left leg, one of which has shattered his knee cap. He has a broken jaw and his right cheekbone is shattered and he may need re-constructive surgery if he gets better. He also has two skull fractures, one of which is very serious and he is currently in surgery being operated on. It seems the fracture may have caused some swelling in his brain and there is a chance of permanent damage. He has a deep cut across his right cheek and severe bruising on most of his body.” Dr Sutton stopped. He reached for his glasses and raised his head to look at Moyra. He had stopped looking at her halfway through his report, but it seemed she never took those dark eyes off of him.
“Apart from the cut on his face, he has no other external injuries. Before we removed his clothes he was just a twelve-year old boy with a cut face but…but when we removed his shirt…” Dr Sutton stopped and looked up at Mrs Levinson exhausted of any more words.
“Mrs Levinson…When we removed his shirt, I don’t believe that there was any area of his body that didn’t seem to be bruised…”
“Why do you keep saying ‘if’?” Moyra said.
“I beg your pardon Mrs Levinson?”
“You keep saying ‘if’ he survives.”
Dr Sutton fidgeted in his chair and shuffled himself closer to Moyra.
“Mrs Levinson. Your son has been severely beaten. He has suffered an incredible amount of pain and is extremely ill. His body is broken and…I am very sorry to say but there is only a slim chance that he may survive this ordeal.”
Moyra’s gaze finally broke from the doctor’s face, and she stared unblinkingly at the floor once more. Dr Sutton slowly stood up and pushed a box of tissues towards her, hoping in some vain attempt that she may reach for them. Moyra’s eyes twitched towards the box and for a moment she may have considered them, but she slowly rose to her feet and backed towards the window, never taking her eyes off of them as though they were some deadly substance ready to destroy all of her.
“Mrs Levinson?” Dr Sutton said staring at her across the room.
“Mrs Levinson…Do you…Do you love your son?”
Moyra looked up sharply, snatched out of her trance and noticed the doctor’s confused face. She understood the question. She knew its meaning, but as she stared at this young intelligent man that she had been fooling for so many months she realised how long it had been since she had even asked herself this. It’s a question that no parent should ever need to ask themselves. It’s a written testament, etched in stone from the day your child is first placed in your arms. As Moyra Levinson began to understand this question, really understand it in all of its magnitude, she slowly began to sob.
Dr Sutton backed out of the room to meet his waiting associates; exhausted and confused, but also, deep down, underneath his white coat, stethoscope and PhD, he was embarrassed and hurt. He returned to the room moments later with two police officers following behind and as he entered, Moyra had resumed her position staring out of the misted window.
“Mrs Levinson?” Dr Sutton’s throat was dry and his words seemed to have lost all of their concern.
“Mrs Levinson, this is Officer Dunbar and Officer Halse. They will accompany you to the police station…” he stopped and moved towards the window until he was standing side by side with Moyra, regarding the fogged up world before her.
“Mrs Levinson, you may be aware of this, and you may not, but you are ill. We have been observing you on your last few visits to the hospital with your son, when you have brought him in for his stomach aches, chest pains and various other ailments. We believe you have an illness called Munchausen by proxy Syndrome…Do you understand? It’s when a woman, like yourself becomes so lonely, and so upset with her own life, that she grasps at the things around her and uses them to get what she wants, whether it be attention…or love. You have been using your son to get what you want. You have been making him ill and keeping him sick over the last year or so… haven’t you? I know this is hard for you to understand and I cannot begin to imagine what must have happened for you to bring your son to us like this, but like you Mrs Levinson, he is very very ill and he needs help.”
Dr Sutton looked over towards Moyra. She had stopped crying and the mandatory gaze had resumed its position on her face, careless and defeated.
“Mrs Levinson, these officers will now escort you to the proper facility where you can get the help you need, whilst we give all the help we can to your son.”
The two officers slowly took Moyra Levinson by the arm and began to lead her out of the room, towards a sea of silent staring faces. Moyra’s gaze lifted from the window and moved towards the officer on her left, and as she stared with her large dark eyes, Officer Halse heard her say some words that she seemed to choke on as they escaped her lips;
“Oh God I loved him…”

SpoOkY 01-12-05 01:03 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Originally Posted by blibblobblib
Didnt know where to post this, but heres a little story...a short story in fact, a story about a mother. i wrote it for a piece of coursework for my degree. Let me know what you dudes think of it.
well this dude liked it :D. The complexity of the mother's character was what sucked me in to the story; why wasn't she crying? Was she in love with the doctor? Did she love her son at all?

Good writing always makes the reader think, compelling stuff blibblobblib well done :)

Here's some photos I took in my neighborhood, not particularily artistic but nice to look at :p . The last one is just my dog, isn't he a cutie.

nebbit 01-12-05 06:03 AM

Nice pictures SpoOky, that looks like my little westie oliver in the window. :bawling: he is sick and at the vets. :(

SpoOkY 01-12-05 07:34 AM

thx Nebbs, go the Westie they're such loveable pets; mine's called Pippin. I'm sorry to hear your Oliver is sick, hope he gets better :(

nebbit 01-13-05 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by SpoOkY
I'm sorry to hear your Oliver is sick, hope he gets better :(
Thanks, Oliver is still at the vets, he is having a consult from a specialist so we will see what happens. :)

blibblobblib 01-13-05 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by SpoOkY
well this dude liked it :D. The complexity of the mother's character was what sucked me in to the story; why wasn't she crying? Was she in love with the doctor? Did she love her son at all?

Good writing always makes the reader think, compelling stuff blibblobblib well done :)
Thanx Spookyman. Its a little juvenile but i enjoyed researching and writing it. The answer to your questions are in the end of the story...although maybe a bit ambiguosly.

Anyone else gonna read it??

projectMayhem 01-13-05 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
Anyone else gonna read it??
:yup:
And I give it :up: :up:
Reading all those injuries was painful though. In a good way (if that makes any sense).

r3port3r66 01-13-05 11:25 PM

WOW! Bilbby! Very good story. I did not see that ending coming! Cool!

PimpDaShizzle V2.0 01-14-05 02:14 AM

BlibBlobBlib-
That story was off da' chain like a motorcycle gang. Ya' heard me? What degree was this story needed for?

blibblobblib 01-14-05 08:15 AM

Thanx R66 and Project, oh you guys, shhsh :blush:
BlibBlobBlib-
That story was off da' chain like a motorcycle gang. Ya' heard me? What degree was this story needed for?
Thanx Pimpboy, its for my English Degree. over my course ive had to do a lot of creative writing, its pretty interesting, ive got quite a few stories ive had to come up with on my computer.

PimpDaShizzle V2.0 01-14-05 11:06 AM

BlibBlobBlib-
Sounds funky-fresh. What are you going to do with that degree?

OG- 01-14-05 12:15 PM

Huzzah!!

blibblobblib 01-17-05 08:01 PM

BlibBlobBlib-
Sounds funky-fresh. What are you going to do with that degree?
Well, the plan at the moment is....

Finish my degree in early May, then stick around and have fun with my uni mates for a month or two, then move home again and return to work at Borders whilst building up a writing portfolio in my spare time, and hopefully gaining some work experience at Empire Magazine. Then hopefully by Jan or feb i would have saved enough money to go travelling all over the world to some wondeful places like Iceland, San Fransisco, Tokyo, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Oz, Vietnam etc for about 6 months. Then once i come abck ill start applying to magazines to work at, such as Empire and Total Film. Thats my ideal plan anyway.

Plan B is - Doing my masters for another year in Film Studies then follwing plan A afterwards.

If any of this happens i will be over joyed....if not....i shall cry and cry.

PimpDaShizzle V2.0 01-17-05 10:34 PM

BlibBlobBlib-
Again, that sounds funky-fresh. Crying doesn't do nothin' but make you look like a panzy - that's the way I look at it and chicks dig me. It's needed for my career choice. Anyways, writing is da' bomb. Maybe one day you'll be huge and people will reffer to your posts as the standard of forum literature. Awesome. Booya.

Nitzer 01-17-05 11:25 PM

My masterpieces from Grade 9 fantasy art class:

http://img11.exs.cx/img11/3928/1000008img9uw.th.jpg http://img11.exs.cx/img11/2861/1000009img2ac.th.jpg

blibblobblib 01-17-05 11:25 PM

Awesome. Booya.
Word. Bitchin'. Hip to the Groove etc etc