Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   General Movie Discussion (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What Critically Acclaimed Films Have You Not Seen? (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=30642)

SammyNoNo 01-09-13 10:51 AM

What Critically Acclaimed Films Have You Not Seen?

I've never seen The Titanic, Schindler's List, A Beautiful Mind, 2001, and Seven. I plan to watch these all VERY soon :)

sumantra 01-09-13 11:20 AM

Umberto D, Fanny and Alexander, Juliette of the Spirits, Ivan the Terrible, Nosferatu (F. W. Murnau), La Jetee, Raise the Red Lantern, Satantango, A Clockwork Orange - some that I can think right now...

rauldc14 01-09-13 11:28 AM

Re: What Critically Acclaimed Films Have You Not Seen?

there is tons of threads for this topic....

honeykid 01-10-13 01:28 AM

^^What he said^^

If you use the search function, you should find plenty of threads to discuss this. :)

TheGirlWhoHadAllTheLuck x 01-10-13 01:44 PM

Pulp Fiction

Blix the Goblin 01-10-13 05:13 PM

The Shawshank Redemption

Proximity 01-10-13 06:51 PM

Just saw Chinatown for the first time, so cross that off the list. It was really good.

BlueLion 01-10-13 07:27 PM

There are quite a few, but they're in my 'to-watch' list.

A Clockwork Orange, 2001: A Space Odyssey, and many more from Stanley Kubrick. Barton Fink and a couple more of the Coen brothers. Boogie Nights, Apocalypse Now, Raging Bull, There Will Be Blood, Sergio Leone's dollar trilogy (so far I've only seen A Fistful of Dollars), and many, many more.

thenightbringscharlie 01-11-13 01:34 AM

Never saw Hurt locker, or Drive. Drive is critically acclaimed by my friends

ThomasP 01-11-13 09:43 PM

Most of John Huston's and Howard Hawks' acclaimed films. I've seen The Maltese Falcon and The Big Trail and loved them both. Gonna watch Rio Bravo and The Treasure of the Sierra Mandre soon.

Also seen The African Queen. V. good movie.

teeter_g 01-11-13 09:47 PM

A Beautiful Mind, Pulp Fiction, A Clockwork Orange

Hitchcockian 01-12-13 09:38 AM

Loads, that's why i'm here, to get the opinion and recommendations of true movie fans.

Gabrielle947 01-12-13 10:57 AM

none of the Star Wars,Alien,Terminator.

mastermetal777 01-12-13 11:45 AM

Have never seen Taxi Driver, Citizen Kane, Apocalypse Now, Unforgiven, Chinatown, Psycho, Blue Velvet, Jaws, and a crap ton of others that I don't really feel like naming right now. Those are on the top of my list though.

Powdered Water 01-12-13 12:59 PM

Pretty good line right here:

"Drive is critically acclaimed by my friends" :laugh:

Guaporense 01-12-13 10:31 PM

Haven't watched Werckmeister harmonies and Satantango, by that famous Hungarian director, several acclaimed Hithcock films, some acclaimed Kurosawa films from the 1960's besides any films by Sergei Eisenstein and Orson Welles films besides Citizen Kane and A Touch of Evil (his two most famous) and every Godard film except Breatless and every Bresson film.

bluedeed 01-12-13 11:29 PM

The two I'm most concerned about not seeing are The Passion of Joan of Arc and Sunrise: A Song of Two Humas. You know, it's so much easier to watch a fun silent like Keaton than a serious one!

MovieMad16 01-13-13 10:43 AM

Pulp Fiction, Apocalypse Now, Seven, A Beautiful Mind, Once Upon A Time In America & The Hurt Locker.

Mr Minio 01-13-13 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Guaporense (Post 870379)
Haven't watched Werckmeister harmonies and Satantango, by that famous Hungarian director
You should watch them as soon as possible.

wintertriangles 01-13-13 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by bluedeed (Post 870389)
The two I'm most concerned about not seeing are The Passion of Joan of Arc and Sunrise: A Song of Two Humas. You know, it's so much easier to watch a fun silent like Keaton than a serious one!
WHHAAAAAAAAAT

why