Movie Forums (http://www.movieforums.com/community/index.php)
-   Movie Forums Site Stuff (http://www.movieforums.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Vote on the next countdown (Feb. 2023) (http://www.movieforums.com/community/showthread.php?t=67717)

Yoda 02-23-23 11:36 AM

Vote on the next countdown (Feb. 2023)

Wasn't a real consensus on even what should go in this poll, so I had to make some unilateral decisions about what to add/not add. Sorry if that disappoints anyone, but, well, someone had to be.

Note: I'm making it possible for people to select MULTIPLE options here. I would strongly encourage everyone to select all the ones they like, regardless of preference order, or barring that, all the ones they would definitely participate in. I think this is a necessity when we get into four or more options, otherwise the "winner" usually has a plurality and not a majority, which means the majority of people end up feeling disappointed.

Thief 02-23-23 11:38 AM

Re: Vote on the next countdown (Feb. 2023)

Done! I have a strong preference for "Noir", but wouldn't mind doing any of the others; especially Musicals or War.

Siddon 02-23-23 11:52 AM

Voted for Noir and got sent to Charlies Angels II thread

Allaby 02-23-23 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Siddon (Post 2374073)
I voted for musicals, but also got redirected to the Charlie's Angels thread.

Thief 02-23-23 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Siddon (Post 2374073)
Originally Posted by Allaby (Post 2374075)
I voted for musicals, but also got redirected to the Charlie's Angels thread.
Same, but when I hit "Back", it had already registered my vote.

Yoda 02-23-23 12:10 PM

The voting works, just some ancient bug on redirect, I'll take a look.

Yoda 02-23-23 12:18 PM

Okay...maybe it's fixed? Hard to test. We'll see.

Miss Vicky 02-23-23 12:22 PM

I voted Romance. It's the only one I would definitely participate in. My participation in the others would depend on which films are eligible, since I have no desire to explore the Musicals, Noir, or War genres.

Tugg 02-23-23 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 2374082)
I voted Romance. It's the only one I would definitely participate in. My participation in the others would depend on which films are eligible, since I have no desire to explore the Musicals, Noir, or War genres.
This.

Thief 02-23-23 12:32 PM

I know it will flip as more people vote, but in the meantime...

https://i.imgur.com/34EfiFk.jpg

:D

Allaby 02-23-23 12:37 PM

I'm going to participate and have a good time no matter which option wins. I prefer musicals though. Musicals make you sing and dance. And singing and dancing makes you happy. Therefore, a vote for musicals is a vote for happiness.

Citizen Rules 02-23-23 12:42 PM

I'd vote for all four choices because I think they all would be worthy....of course voting for all four would make my vote useless. Not sure how to vote then. Is there a way to see the polls results without voting?

John-Connor 02-23-23 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 2374089)
I'd vote for all four choices because I think they all would be worthy....of course voting for all four would make my vote useless. Not sure how to vote then. Is there a way to see the polls results without voting?
Noir is leading with 5 votes.. War and Musicals have 4 and Romance has 3 votes..

Allaby 02-23-23 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 2374089)
Vote for musicals and I'll give you a slice of my pizza. ;)

donniedarko 02-23-23 12:58 PM

War has my vote, Noir would be a second option

Would'nt participate in Musicals, and probably romance neither

mattiasflgrtll6 02-23-23 12:59 PM

I don't see myself participating if Noir wins. I like the ones I've seen, but even if Neo-Noir is included I'm not sure I would reach 25 :o

Citizen Rules 02-23-23 01:05 PM

Could we please get someone volunteering host??? I'd like to know the criteria for Noir movie inclusions and exclusions.

Wyldesyde19 02-23-23 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 2374098)
Could we please get someone volunteering host??? I'd like to know the criteria for Noir movie inclusions and exclusions.
Someone will probably volunteer once the genre has been selected for the countdown.

Voted for Noir and Musicals, but I can do any of these, obviously.
Still redirected to Charlie Angels 2 thread with oh makes this even funnier. It’s like Honeykid hacked this site to remind us of the greatness that is Drew Barrymore in a last ditch effort to add “Films starting Drew Barrymore’” to the countdown poll.

Thief 02-23-23 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Citizen Rules (Post 2374098)
I would assume that would take place after we know what the countdown will be about. At least I would like to know that before volunteering. And *if* Noir does win, I suppose the preliminary thread will deal with the criteria, inclusions/exclusions, etc.

Citizen Rules 02-23-23 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Thief (Post 2374105)
I would assume that would take place after we know what the countdown will be about. At least I would like to know that before volunteering. And *if* Noir does win, I suppose the preliminary thread will deal with the criteria, inclusions/exclusions, etc.
That makes sense of course. I just don't know what to base my vote on?